Oculus Quest

Welcome to the Oculus Quest feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Quest platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Quest platform.
  • Core Software / Guardian: All Oculus Quest main menu, navigation, Guardian, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Oculus TV.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest!    
  1. Decrease guardian sensitivity. The system triggers way to easily

I have the Rift and do not have this issue in the same room. I would like the ability to adjust the sensitivity so that the system only starts to show plus signs when I am about a foot away. I'll sign whatever wavers for risk to safety and hardware damage. This is game breaking.

162 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for providing and voting for this submission. As part of the v7.0 update, you now have the ability to adjust your Guardian sensitivity settings. While in VR, head to Settings > See All > Guardian to adjust your Guardian sensitivity. We hope you enjoy these new options!

2. Fix controller tracking when close to headset so games like BoxVR work

So as you can see by the reviews on BoxVR, everyone is having tracking issues with the game. The BoxVR developers are blaming the Oculus Quest, saying that this is a hardware/oculus software problem, and that the Quest cannot gracefully handle controllers when they're held near the headset. In BoxVR, this results in the gloves getting stuck, or not registering the punches in the correct location. So if this is an Oculus Quest bug, can this please be fixed?

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for submitting this idea! As part of the build 7.0 update that began to roll out yesterday, we’ve made performance improvements to better track your Touch controller movements in VR, including improved tracking when controllers are close to the headset and at angles turned away from the headset!

Full release notes can be found here: https://support.oculus.com/530422364162501/#faq_530422364162501

We hope you enjoy these improvements!

3. Help us improve the Oculus Quest platform!

Thanks for visiting the Oculus Quest section of the Oculus UserVoice channel. We're anxious to hear all your feedback for Oculus Quest. How can we make it better for you? What features or functionality are we missing that you would love to see? How can we make an existing feature even better? Let us know my submitting your new ideas and upvoting the ideas that you think would be great additions to the Oculus Quest platform. Thanks for helping us continually improve our products!

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey everyone – I’ve noticed that some of you are submitting ideas as comments under this idea. All new ideas should be submitted as their own top level idea as that will allow other users to vote on them. I’m going to close out this idea to hopefully prevent any further ideas being submitted as comments here.

4. Touch Controller Tracking

Touch Controllers have 2 major issues ATM.
    - Close to head tracking is terrible
    - Looking straight ahead and grabbing something from your belt (magazine lets say)

Both should be fixed, as these are the 2 main immersion braking / frustrating Bugs

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Good news! As part of the build 7.0 update that began to roll out yesterday, we’ve made performance improvements to better track your Touch controller movements in VR. These updates, which are also applicable for Rift S, include the following:

- Improved tracking when controllers are close to the headset and at angles turned away from the headset.
    - Improved tracking in difficult poses such as an underhand throwing motion.
    - Reduced re-acquisition time when controller tracking is lost.
    - You can now use both of your Touch controllers at the same time when interacting with different elements such as the keyboard, Oculus Store and Library.

Full release notes can be found here: https://support.oculus.com/530422364162501/#faq_530422364162501

We hope you enjoy these improvements!

5. Guardian: allow adjusting only the floor level without redrawing the boundary

Sometimes the floor level is a few inches off and I want to fix it, but it's a pain to redraw the entire boundary just for that. Would be nice to be able to adjust only the floor level. Rift already has this feature I believe.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base