Oculus Quest

Welcome to the Oculus Quest feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Quest platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Quest platform.
  • Core Software / Guardian: All Oculus Quest main menu, navigation, Guardian, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Oculus TV.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest!    
  1. Ability to Sideload using virtual desktop.

This would make getting Beat Saber custom songs way easier and would probably make it easier to upload videos to YouTube.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Better Facebook integration. Show me my friends who own a quest!

I don't know if my friends own a quest until it's mentioned randomly in conversation. We were already friends on facebook. Can you leverage your social graph to make this go viral?

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Ability to open multiple windows

I don't like when you open virtual desktop and to you have to quit it to open something else

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. partially sighted people devices and support

Did you ever thought about a brand new device or a setting in the existing ones for partially sighted people?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Can't use mic for Facebook casting and in game at the same time.

When trying to play games that uses the mic (VRChat, Rec Room, Sports Scramble, Drop Dead, etc..) you can't use it during facebook casting. You can either..

1. Start your facebook cast and launch the app. (Breaks mic for the game.)

2. Launch your game and then start casting. (Breaks the mic for the cast.)

Why can't the mic work for both?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Make it so that it isn’t cheaper in America

It should be £308.40 but it is £399 even though American dollars are worth less

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Build in music streaming platform with friends.

Build in music app like Winamp. Would be streaming either though existing music stream providers, or become a music stream provider.

Would have visualizations like Winamp did.

Could be multiplayer. Listening to music with a friend.

Ultimate would be VR scenes. Like at the recording studio watching the song being made. Or at a concert.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  First Party Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Make it so people with glasses (aka me) can play with glasses.

I is incredibly uncomfortable to wear a headset with glasses on but when I take them of to improve the comfort my vision just goes blurry. Please find a way to make it so people like me can see and play in comfort.

-Many thanks, Hadley

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Guardian Favorites Management

Allow for multiple spaces to be stored an managed in a Guardian Management interface. I use my quest at a few different locations but always find myself having to re calibrate to the same spaces over and over. It would be great if we could store the data of our favorite spaces and call them up accordingly when we are at a given location. This could be triggered via a known wifi login and GPS coordinates (through the phone app) to make it more automated.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Please bring 3D movies to Europe!

OK, I realize this is up to content providers and negotiating content rights... but I'm not in the US and it really kills me that I can't watch 3D movies offered on Fandango Now. I think it's a killer feature and would be ready to shell hard cash to buy/rent said movies.

On that note, watching IMAX theatrical releases on the Quest would be awesome too, no other device could offer this experience.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. How to remove apps from the Not installed tab ???

Hi, How do I remove the Demo apps from Not Installed area? There are also apps like VR Chat that I tried and did not like. How do I remove this and other apps I have tried and have no intention of ever installing again.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Wireless external tracking sensor

I submitted this before but the title may be confusing and I couldn't edit it. Please offer an optional wireless external sensor for improved controller tracking.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Oculus quest and rift s refferals

I think we are reaching the point where oculus quest and rift s headsets require a referral code programme. Many of my friends are procrastinating for this and sending someone a code may push someone over the teetering edge to finally get a vr headset. Making this happen would be great for oculus and as good for the whole vr industry as it needs more users.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. choose the supplier

In our area, there are always extreme delivery difficulties with UPS. It always happens that the deliverers don't go to our place of residence because they don't feel like it or don't want to go to their destination because of a delivery. This problem is only with UPS. It would certainly be very helpful if there were the possibility to choose the supplier when placing an order.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. disable history on the guardian

Option to disable Guardian history, with like 3 settings.
    1. History system as it is now.
    2. History only saves the last guardian made. Every time you do a new one, that is the only one now, and you don't ever have to 'confirm' the guardian.
    3. No history. Every time you shut the Quest off (not just take it off) the guardian is gone. Needs re-done every startup. When you take it off, it doesn't ask to confirm the guardian, and if its completely lost, you have to redraw it.

I use the Quest in places that change slightly…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Phoenix Wright-styled games!

I think games like the "Ace Attorney" series would be improved by adapting them to VR.
    Being able to interact with crime scenes/evidence, be immersed in the settings, and gesture and yell in court would be a fantastic experience with relatively minimal development stresses.

Even if it isn't the "Phoenix Wright" brand, these kinds of mystery/visual novel games would be really impressive to see translated to VR. Hopefully as the platform grows, developers can start making these more niche games and showing off the medium's potential.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Notify users through their apps if there is a problem on your end

If you have an issue with your services- send alerts to peoples apps so THEY DON’T perform FACTORY RESETS AND LOOSE ALL THEIR ARTWORK!!!!!!!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Companion App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there – thanks for submitting this idea. While not exactly what you’re looking for, I wanted to let you know about our new platform status page that just launched. We’ll use this page to report on any known issues affecting our services and/or products—including fixes. Head over to support.oculus.com/status to check it out!

I’ll continue to leave this idea open as the request is more aimed at notification within the Oculus app, but thought the above was worth sharing nonetheless!

18. Make Rec Room stable to play for Oculus Quest

When I play Rec Room, my oculus quest always glitches, it really often just crashes the Oculus Quest or Rec Room. I really wish I could play Rec Room at least without the fear of losing my progress. If you can make the game stable only by lowering the graphics you can give an option for making the graphics lower so it wouldn't crash!

I REALLY need this update, because I once lost A LOT of progress in a game and that made me extremely disappointed and sad.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Listen to me.

1.) Make a head strap that isn’t painful and too heavy. (People are gouging others for aftermarket mods that are being sold by other brands)

2.) Finish The Link and put out the cable! Once again aftermarket cords are flying off the shelves.

3.) Improve battery life, or offer external battery pack.

4.) add VR FB messenger or discord, other dm options

Anyway thanks for taking the time to listen. It’s a great time to be alive I can tell you the VR is at an amazing point right now. Oh also that reminds me

5.) oculus haptics vest/suits
    I…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Better and through Documentation on ADB, ADB drivers and how to use them with Oculus

Your ADB drivers do not play well with others. With things like phones, tablets, etc out there. You need to have some thorough documentation covering your adb drivers and the use of. I spent the better part of a day troubleshooting why I could not turn on usb debugging and there are alot of fallacies out there. I have a HTC U11 smart phone and in the end until removed HTC Sync manager and made sure there was only one instance of adb on my box the usb debugging allowance pop up dialog would not come up. The lack of…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base