Oculus Quest

Welcome to the Oculus Quest feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Quest platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Quest platform.
  • Core Software / Guardian: All Oculus Quest main menu, navigation, Guardian, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Oculus TV.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest!    
  1. Family Accounts!

We bought a second Quest (not cheap) so my daughter and I could play games together. Now I find out that we will need to make an account for her and buy all the same games again? That's several hundred dollars more. And if we get a third Quest, then we will have to buy the games yet again. There needs to be a way that all members of our immediate family can play the games with each other.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add ability to connect bluetooth headphones (without workarounds)

Add ability to connect bluetooth headphones (without workarounds)

136 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Gifting System

A gifting system like Steam. I.e I want to get Job Simulator for my friend. At the purchase page, I can select to buy it for me, Or my Oculus/Facebook friends.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Make the nose piece a little more plush

I pretty much have a normal nose, but am experiencing quite a bit of light leaking into the headset, even with the straps pulled very tightly.

136 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Remove Mandatory Facebook Login!

Social Media is not something I will entertain and haven't done for years. Bought Quest, loved it. Found out right now that I can't add friends without facebook account. Now hate it with a passion. You truly are idiots for even thinking that was a good idea. I give it a month or I sell it. Absolutely insane to believe that everyone uses that nonsense

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Mobile Device Interaction

I feel there should be a feature that allows you to cast your mobile device, such as a phone into the virtual world using the cameras on the outside. So you can scroll through socials or respond to texts in an environment of your choice.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Companion App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Purchase titles as a gift for another.

Steam has an option to purchase titles as a gift for another. I see no way of doing this with Oculus. This is a huge missed opportunity.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. allow to use the quest as a bluetooth headset

the oculus quest has integrated speakers and a microphone. it would be great to be able to use it as a bluetooth headset, so that it can be connected to a phone or a computer. like this, we could listen to music while playing, or communicate with any voice chat application and answer phone calls. the system should of course mix the audio (both for the speakers and the microphone) so we can hear everything together and still use the microphone for games that need it. volume controls for all this would also be great.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Waist & feet trackers from Oculus brand (or partner)

As much as I like oculus and want to support the brand it is lacking one very important thing to me and that is the option for more tracking devices to have true full body tracking simulation.

Currently, the only option is to buy hardware from a completely different brand and is also not very user-friendly to install/configure since it's not officially supported. Plus, buying these products don't benefit oculus at all

So I'm wondering if oculus had any plans on developping such hardware or partner with another company that manufacture these kind of devices to officially support full body…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add the option to run Quest 2 at 120Hz

I would like to request you add the option to run the Quest 2 in 120Hz mode, at least when in PC mode if nothing else.

You can watch John Carmack talking about this in the video below (at the 32:06 mark):
    https://youtu.be/sXmY26pOE-Y?t=1926

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Trade in program from oculus quest to quest 2

Would love a trade in program from oculus quest to quest 2, clearly not a free upgrade but some type of buy back program, I know we can just sell them on eBay but would be better if it’s an official program.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Make Oculus Rift games purchasable on Oculus Quest Store

Rick and Morty the VR game is on Steam and says its compatible with Oculus Rift. Why is it not available for Oculus Quest? I'd like to be able to purchase Steam VR games and have them show up on my Oculus Quest. Without a PC computer (I have a mac), it's not possible.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Separate app and chat volume control

We should be able to control app volume and chat volume separately.

126 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Ability to play stored music on the Quest in the background

Please add a feature to play music files stored on the Quest in the background. Would be a great thing maybe while browsing the web or in your store, or just while chatting with a friend.

104 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add a „free“ and „demo“ category on the oculus quest store and a better filtering system to both the app and the store itself.

The filter system on the quest store is really lackluster compared to the one we have on the desktop launcher.

It would also be nice to only show games that support cross buy in both the quest and the rift store.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow wireless streaming of oculus rift games to quest.

Allow wireless streaming of oculus rift games to quest.

100 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. YouTube recording and streaming without pc

Allow YouTube recording, streaming, and posting without a pc and from the quest itself

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Blade and Sorcery and Gorn for the Quest.

Please add these games, the Quest is perfect for them, because one of the biggest restraints to the games were the wires, without wires, the games could be even better. Most of the games that are currently on the quest lack replayability and games like Blade and Sorcery and Gorn are games that for some reason, never get old for most players, and will benefit the creators, as well as the players. So on behalf of all those who want blade and sorcery and Gorn on the Quest, please make it happen.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Option to switch what lense you are recording or casting from

When you are recording or casting it records what is being viewed from the left lense despite most people having their right eye as their dominant eye, add an option to switch what lense you record or cast from

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Enable co-located muiplayer support

Oculus has demonstrated this functionality before at OC5 (https://youtu.be/QJXpHp_iQF4) but I haven't heard anything about it since. As a developer, I'd love to experiment with this functionality. This is one main thing VR has been lacking for years and now we have a headset capable of doing it but no software support.

119 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base