Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Welcome to the Oculus Quest feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Quest platform.We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Quest platform.
  • Core Software / Guardian: All Oculus Quest main menu, navigation, Guardian, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Oculus TV.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest!    
  1. Remove Facebook requirement

I highly distrust the social media platforms’ ethical practices, and won’t get this until they remove the requirement for a Facebook account.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Multiplayer Family Oculus same Account

Not everyone is single and there are families that like to play games together. There needs to be something added to where you can have at least 2 oculus on one account HOWEVER, you need to make it to where if you add another account on the oculus they can play the multi-player games with you in thw same household WITHOUT having to buy those games AGAIN. Its not right for families that game together in the household.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Enable true update on demand for quest and desktop releases. Stop forcing users to wait for stated rollouts that take too long.

Adding an update button that still will not work until your device is added to the staggered rollout is pointless. Please make Quest and PC updates available to those that want to actively update immediate. Don't make us wait until our device is added to the deployment.

Staged rollouts for those that do not want to actively update are fine. But give us the power to update on the day software releases if we want to.

81 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Include a setting to appear offline

Please add an option on the Quest 2 to appear offline (whilst staying online).

Sometimes I don't want to be disturbed by my friends asking me to play Population One.

It's a fairly common feature on other games consoles and shouldn't be difficult to include.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Interactive Home Environments'

Add an interactive oculus home environment like the rift/rift s has. Allow people to customize and edit our home environments to allow people to interact with itt. And allow people to invite friends to watch youtube, movies, etc.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Fix Oculus Quest 2 Battery Drain when in Sleep

The Oculus Quest 2 drains the entire battery plus elite battery in around 24 hours just stilling in sleep mode. The Quest 1 could go somewhere around a week in sleep mode. There is something seriously wrong with the firmware for it to drain two entire batteries in 24 hours.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. occulus app play without link

To play games on the oculus app like asgards wrath without link and do so wirelessly.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Companion App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. "Clear All" button for notifications

It's really annoying to try to clean all the old notifications. A button/icon to clean it all at once would be great.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add ability to delete apps from library (not just uninstall)

Trying demos is nice but then the demo is stuck in the library even if you uninstall it (in the "All" view), cluttering the screen with old demos that I don't care about anymore. For example, SUPERHOT Demo is always there beside the full game which I purchased afterward. I prefer staying in the "All" view so that I can see which games are available to me, installed or not. With demos cluttering the "All" view, the only option to hide those uninstalled demos is to stay in the "Installed" view, which does not show the big picture of what…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. The new Anker Docking system that you sell has a problem.

The Anker Docking system has a 1.2V battery in the controllers. The Oculus Quest 2 controllers need a 1.5V battery to track properly. I purchased one and charged it up and have been having tracking problems ever since. Today I figured out the battery situation from reading your materials and looking at the battery in the controllers.

I also have noticed that the controllers can get very warm after charging and the battery is almost too hot to the touch. These types of batteries when overcharged do have a tendency to start fires. But according to Anker, you should be…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. [For victim of Oculus Quest 2] Proposal of support campaign for those who bought Oculus Quest recently.

==========================================
    ・Agenda?: Free app campaign
    ・For who? : Victim of Oculus Quest 2 (People those who have just bought Oculus Quest)
    ・How much?:About $300 (The price gap between Oculus Quest and Oculus Quest 2)

・Why?: To keep being fan of Oculus

I'm writing this topic for those who have just bought Oculus Quest.

Congratulations on the sale of Oculus Quest 2, but for those who have recently bought Oculus Quest, the gap in both specs and price is so sudden and shocking. (Several of my friends and myself bought the Oculus Quet just a month ago.)

Normally, a new product…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Ability to see Oculus Move results outside of Quest (e.g. app, web)

It would be great if we could browse Oculus Move results in a web-browser, for example. Calorie and app break down information is useful but it has limited us if you can access it only when you have headset on.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 半VR化的窗口模式,解决非专业级用户晕吐的问题

我认识的大部分人都无法在VR世界里平移,只要平移立马就恶心眩晕,这也是VR无法大众化的一个非技术性问题,VR过于真实减少过度沉浸才能解决晕吐问题,所以半VR化的窗口模式是一个解决法案。如果不懂什么是半VR化的窗口模式,建议你们的开发人员去quill theater应用看动画《my home of memories》,他自然明白什么是半VR化。

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow downgrading firmware

Remove the restriction to downgrade firmware
    Some of us has lots of issues when updating to new Firmwares. This can be a slowed down system or unwanted functions. Please don't close every modification down and keep the system open so people feel like they have the ability to choose.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add “Not Helpful” to Store reviews

I see people can upvote a review with “Helpful” but there’s no “Not Helpful” option. Would be great to allow review readers the option to swing both ways and for reviewers to see more precise feedback.

46 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Family Account system

Would like a system created to allow a Family to Share an account across multiple Quest devices, giving them the ability to also share game access without having to purchase the same title multiple times.

Example, family owns 3 Quests. Dad, Mom & Child. Family can purchase 1 copy of a game, and this is shared on all 3 devices. Allowing Dad, Mom & Child to play the game, without having to purchase 3 copies of the same game.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Send notifications when games on the wishlist go on sale

The wishlist feature right now is not much more than a list of bookmarks. Why not send users push notifications when games on the list go on sale? And/or send them an email when it happens?

It would be a much better user experience than having to open the app daily to see if you didn't miss a sale. Most days, there is no sale, so the process gets tiring - and then you probably miss the sale when it DOES happen.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Companion App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Make Discord accessible on the Quest

There isn't really any way to talk to other people/friends while playing games on the Quest unless they have built in voice chat. But even then you have to listen to everybody, not just your friends. Adding discord would be a nice feature to add some time in the future.

106 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Companion App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. App sharing within a family

I can understand the idea of needing to limit widespread sharing of apps, but it does not seem unreasonable to figure a way to allow sharing within a family group that is on the same wifi network. Unreasonable to expect that after investing in the hardware a family would be expected to buy the same game 3x. Apple/Netflix seems to have figured this out. Please at least let us ALL know if this is just a task queued up for development or if oculus has made a conscious decision not to provide this core feature as a money grab. This…

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Offer trade in of old Quest devices when new versions are released

For environmental reasons, there should be a trade in program in place when the next generation of Quest launches, so that one can send in their old Quest and get a discount for the new model. Especially since the device will effectively be useless when the battery dies, since this battery is not user replacable.

The Quest can then be refurbished and sold at a lower price, widening the potential audience for VR.

190 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base