Oculus Quest

Welcome to the Oculus Quest feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Quest platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Quest platform.
  • Core Software / Guardian: All Oculus Quest main menu, navigation, Guardian, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Oculus TV.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest!    
  1. Screen callibration options - brightness is too low and causes "black crunch" to dark details

I don't meaning "backlighting" (oled) which also should have brightness option.

While LED HMDs have too high brightness with gray blacks, quest have too low brightness.

Example: dark movies scenes with no details inside umbra while my old (10+ years) LED TV shows details because of good callibration.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Smear the pointer

I noticed the pointer on YouTube vr has almost motion blur, it kind of stretches as you move it around. I think that would look nice on the oculus quest home page as well. With the low refresh rate it looks kind of choppy at the moment.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow non-invasive account recovery!!!

If you lose access to your Oculus account they WILL NOT allow you to access your account unless you send them a full color, non-redacted scanned photo of your personal state ID or driver's license with all personal info visible (organ donor status, eye color, height, weight, ***, birthday, address, photo, expiration date, etc) all visible by a Facebook employee.

According to the representative George that I'm stuck communicating with, there are absolutely no alternatives to regain access to your account. Despite this disturbing and ridiculous rule, I have been able to gain access to literally every single gaming account…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Алексей

В данный момент недоступна функция трансляции изображения со шлема виртуальной реальности на Chromcast из приложения виртуальной реальности. Я должен на телефоне указать приложению транслировать на Chromcast. причём, как я понимаю, телефон на данном этапе участвует лишь в качестве пульта управления.
    Мне как уверенному пользователю кажется что это атовизм.
    Прошу Вас рассмотреть возможность организации трансляции изображения из приложения виртуальной реальности, непосредственно на Chromcasеt, исключив из цепочки телефон, пусть я и должен буду выйти на нём из приложения.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. ASW3 for TV/Monitor games too. Sony could be interested on exchange technology

Sony probably is interested on 30->60 FPS with a better technique than ASW2 for all their games, for TV and xR (VR with 72->144)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. New Game/App

You should create an app where individuals can explore Caves throughout the World. Folks pay alot to see inside caves. I work at Mammoth Cave National Park and every day tours are sold out. I bet if you created an app for touring caves, it would sell.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Camera support for the quest

It is amazing how great the oculus quest tracks just by itself but it could be even better if you were able to also pair it with the cameras you use for previous systems to assist with tracking. It can easily stand for itself but for people that want to truly dedicate time towards this device would benefit and SPEND more if you allowed it to be “upgraded” with these cameras and be assisted with a pc kinda like it is with the side loader application. Thank you for your time!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add the friends list to the main home screen where it is always visible.

My friends and I are always complaining about how we can never tell when the other is on. The friends list is hidden, when it should at all times be visible on the home screen. its supposed to be a social device right? Well its not very social-able

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Left Handed / Right Handed improvement ideas.

Let me start by saying I LOVE this item - and already got about 20 people to buy it... that being said - I have two simple thoughts - that I believe would make people's experiences a bit more enjoyable - -

1 - as a left handed person - trying to figure out how to switch every game to be for left handed people is strange.. why not just have it in the profile - just like your avatar - to select handedness. Then just like games pull avatar info - it can pull handedness info - and that…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Prime Video VR in more countries - There is P.V. already in Spain but no VR version

I pressume needs only translation. Get it from Android version.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Use the same foam padding from the oculus go on the quest for more comfortability

Adding or redesigning the foam hmd face mask from the oculus go would improve the feel and comfort we hot from the go to the quest

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Prime Day Sale

Hello,it's Prime Day but prices in the app store remain the same?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Point Oculus Touch controllers downwards to start moving forward in direction looking

You would be able to point Oculus Touch controllers downwards to start moving in direction looking as if you were actually walking. It’s more smoother than the action by using the thumb stick. It’s perfect for us all who doesn’t have a large play area for the Quest but still able to move 360 degrees around with arm lengths around

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Oculus quest apps would be same for all area

İ paid same for my oculus quest with other people but there is a new app called Melody vr app but in our area there is no app WHYYY its not fair...

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. I found bug in you software for android.

Hi!

I bought yesterday oculus quest and and spent 3 hours of his life to launch it for the first time. Every time I have a 99 percent update on my device. As a result, I already thought that it was a marriage and wanted to return it to the store where I bought it.

But then I decided to try to bind the device to ios instead of android and it worked.

As it turned out, if at the stage when your application shows a video about security when setting up oculus quest, press the soft or hard button…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Companion App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Oculus Gallery Settings Persist

After you have selected some viewing settings within the Oculus Gallery app, such as viewing items as small icon/line/large preview, recent/alphabetical or all media/albums, this should persist so that it is exactly the same next time you load up the Oculus Gallery.

Currently, you have to start all over again.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  First Party Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Instagram

Not sure if this is new, but is it possible to watch live Instagram post with your quest?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base