Oculus Quest

Welcome to the Oculus Quest feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Quest platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Quest platform.
  • Core Software / Guardian: All Oculus Quest main menu, navigation, Guardian, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Oculus TV.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest!    
  1. Slack

Slack. How about adding Slack so that I get little pop ups when I'm in VR and get a new Slack alert?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. easy facebook login/out

Linking to FB would be awesome, but I don't do it because then when I put my rig on someone else for a demo they'll be looking at my FB account info - not good. Sure, I could logout of FB but with the complex password I use that isn't going to happen.

SUGGESTION: Have a light 4 digit password to unlock a personal config in the Quest. When I put on the rig it asks for my 4 digits or else it brings up a generic config without my FB feed, etc.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  First Party Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. More custom settings for the main screen in the dome room

My initial impression of the default main screen is that it's too high and too close. Sometimes I find myself straining my neck to look up to see it all. Sometimes it's no problem at all. And sometimes it's perfect. However, my position in my own environment changes and because of that my angle of viewing the mainscreen does too. I know we can adjust the screen left, right, and up. But there is a fixed "base" position. Can we have more control over that base? Also the "zoom" or size of the screen should be adjustable too.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Please helppp ;-;

heyy! so im one of those people who just wanna use the quest mostly for the game VRChat. But the quest can't see avatars ;-; which makes me real sad... I would be sooo happy if that could be fixed.. I would love to hear from you guys ^-^ But the quest looks amazing.
    keep up the good work!! <3
    much love, from a lovin' VRChat user ^^

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Destiny 2 Vr

I was hoping you could try and get someone to make a destiny 2 vr and make like a testing area in it to get a feel of it I just was asking for it and if you can't that's okay :(

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Silent Android notifications

On the Android app, I'm perfectly happy to let you upsell me!! What I'm not ok with is getting woken up by audible notifications at midnight (this has happened). Please give us an option for having the Android notifications be silent!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Companion App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Your demo employees are unreliable

I saw on your website that I could demo the Quest until 8pm at Bestbuy in Salem & Manchester NH. I got to the Salem store at 7pm, waited around the Oculus stuff for 5 minutes, asked for help from Best Buy customer support, they tried to find the woman doing the demos, but apparently she left. I hustled to the Manchester store and got there at 7:40, did the same thing and they finally found the woman doing demos in the mobile phone section, she told me that they ended at 8pm and walked out the door...it was 7:50pm.…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Echo vr?

Ever since "Echo vr" has been announced on the quest Ive been checking every day to see if it is here but still waiting. Just wondering if we can expect it, later this week or a month away? thanks, so excited for this game! :D

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. To fix new bug just discovered for snapdragon 835

Or to launch new Quest model with no pentile (please never more pentile)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I would like to show others the quest with a portable wifi router - one that doesn't need to be setup to the internet or as an access point

I would like to show others the quest with a portable wifi router - one that doesn't need to be setup to the internet or as an access point

This would work in the park or dealing with slow internet networks.

However it seems like you need internet to start the stream (but it isn't needed after the connection is started)

How have others dealt with this?
    Are there any options that others know about?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Companion App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Switch controller support

It would be nice to be able to use a Nintendo Switch Pro Controller as a gamepad

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Sprachangaben detaillierter beschreiben

In den Apps, im Store, sind die Sprachoptionen. Hier ist angegeben, in welcher Sprache die Anwendung/das Game verfügbar ist/sein wird. Hier wäre es super, wenn dort auch hinter der jeweiligen Sprache in Klammern oder einer separaten Spalte hinterlegt ist, ob es sich um die jeweilige Sprachausgabe handelt, oder es "nur" Untertitel in der aufgelisteten Sprache dazu gibt. Aktuell steht allerdings z.b. nur "Deutsch". Ob nur Untertitel oder doch sogar Sprachausgabe in der jeweiligen Sprache vorhanden ist, weiß man dann erst nach dem Kauf. Grüße

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Spend the extra $1 on a decent zipper for your storage case. Cheap @#^%!

Spend the extra $1 on a decent zipper for your storage case. Cheap @#^%!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. View orientation positioning

When facing the guardian limit and still having to go straight in a game I have to trick by physically overturning myself (VR & IRL) and in the mean time use the thumbstick to virtually overturn again (VR only) so that I can walk straight again and remain in my guardian area.

It would be more efficient to be able to temporarily fix the virtual orientation while I am physically reorienting in my playing area in a fast maner (I.e by simply pressing a combination of buttons)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Displacement calibration

When playing a roomscale game I often feel limited by the guardian area size - even when set up to max size - so that I have to trick by using the thumbstick to move over the last meters to reach my target.

It would be useful if we could set the displacement calibration to our taste so that 1 step IRL provides 2 steps in VR.

This would also be useful for some games where I feel like I'm not walking as fast in game as I actually do IRL

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Sehr gute Brille mit absolut unzureichender Software!!

Ich besitze zwei Oculus Quest, bin bisher aber sehr enttäuscht. Nicht von der Technik der Brille, die ist super, aber von der Software, die für mich grauenhaft ist:

• Zunächst mal verstehe ich überhaupt nicht, warum viele Apps nur in englischer Sprache vorliegen. Ihr wollt in Deutschland verkaufen, warum nicht auch deutsche Texte und Sprache? Mein Englisch ist unzureichend, so dass mir Vieles verschlossen bleibt.

• Ich kann mit Killerspielen überhaupt nichts anfangen, sehe im App-Store von Oculus aber vornehmlich solche Software. Ich lese von anspruchsvoller Software über Museen, über Reisen, über Theateraufführungen (Cirque du Soleil z.B.), aber nichts davon gibt es…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Protective covers for Quest controllers

The plastic housing of the Quest controllers are really thin in order to let IR light through so it can be detected by the headset. This results in fast damage or little bumps if you accidentally hit a table, wall, cat, husband or wife. If Oculus designed a transparent (sillecone) protective cover we can buy one and put it over our controllers so it can absorb the damage and avoid scratches when we hit a surface without blocking the IR light. This results in longer lasting controllers.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Basic Quest usage without controller input (for media playback etc)

It would be awesome to be able to interface with the Quest on a very basic level (moving a cursor and clicking buttons etc) without having a controller connected, for simple functions like watching movies.browsing the internet when in a car or on a plane etc. Perhaps we could use the volume/power buttons combined with the direction of our gaze to launch apps/go back/click a virtual cursor.

Obviously when hand tracking comes in, I hope this will allow such a feature, but it will likely still be impossible in low light, so a way to launch apps/watch videos on a…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Early VR supporters getting screwed by Oculus.

It is utterly rude that Oculus, who I admire as a company, a company that REALLY did an AMAZING job in customer support, when my Go had issues. How can that company UTTERLY, AND SO MASSIVELY FAIL with absolutely **** hardware, this platform is a guarantee failure due to greed and lack of backwards compatibility.... Sure its promised, but this is NOT a feature you make your primary supporters wait for. This should be available AT LAUNCH. This feels SO much like the Sony PS Vita death. That platform was BEAUTIFULLY designed. Sony's greed killed it. I am sorry to…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base