Oculus Quest

Welcome to the Oculus Quest feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Quest platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Quest platform.
  • Core Software / Guardian: All Oculus Quest main menu, navigation, Guardian, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Oculus TV.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest!    
  1. Skip setup nonsense when doing a factory reset

Because the Quest is still relatively new and problems crop up to which the only solution is a Factory Reset, please make it so that we can skip the protracted nonsense when pairing it again with the app. It's extremely tedious to watch a video about how to move children and dogs out of the way when all I want to do is work on getting my headset back up again.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Companion App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. The platform needs 1 racing game as minimum

Seriously, no one kind of semi simulator?
    There is no Forza/Gran turismo/Project cars like.

Should have 1 Oculus AA game for Go/Quest/Rift with different graphics settings (and high quality physics on PC)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  First Party Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Try to patch xhelper malware

Symantec warning

To reset smartphone is useless. Android auto reinstall xhelper.

There is not in the app store yet, but other malware could take advantage from that Android's bug for persistence.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Let ImmersedVR be on the Oculus store!!!

Let ImmersedVR be on the Oculus store!!!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Companion App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow PIP or two or more active apps or browser tabs

My lg and samsung android phones can do app screen split where i have two apps running actively on two sides of the same screen. With so much real estate in Vr world' why cant i have this in oculus?

Or PIP even.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Cast 3rd camera to PC, a variant of the existing Mixed Reality capture for OBS

Oculus recently posted an OBS Plugin and Android app that will sync a real camera position with the game scene, and then the Quest creates a 3rd camera. It sends 2 layers of visual information to the OBS plugin, being in front of & behind the player, which OBS then composits with the real player on a green screen, to make it look like the player is in the world.

As a developer, I'd like the ability to use a similar system to send that 3rd camera to the PC as a normal scene view - no OBS or real…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. To hide timewarp glitch overflowing the FOV with upscaling. Maybe SSAA optimization

If fov is 90° upscale image to 100 or 110 when timewarp activates for put glitch outside the fov

I mean the black border of the fov when you are moving the head fast

Is it possible to upscale to 2x as fake downsampling for help with the problem of the distortion for the lens?

I mean, about 1.8x does not give improvements to increase even more the SSAA, but is important for to read text clearly, minimum 1.5x

Today there are better algorythms than bicubic. DLSS gives worst results with RTX 2.*** series in a few games than standard…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Love my Quest

First of all I want your company to know that my Quest fricking rocks!!! Thank you for making VR available for in home use. Its always been my dream to own a system such as this. It's all i want to do assoon as i get home from work everyday. The availability of games is superb. The only draw back is that my grass is getting really long lol. No time to cut it if you know what I mean. I was wondering if you plan on releasing Climb for the Quest. That would be great. Keep up the good…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Store router Wifi Signal strength and assign to Guardian Layouts

so Quest knows what part of the house I am in for stored Guardian layouts.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. アプリの評価は

ゲーム、アプリの評価はその国の言語の評価を優先的に表示して欲しい。
    現状英語の評価ばかりで参考にし難い。

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Maintain consistant controller strokes for all games approved by Oculus

For instance, to teleport: in some games you have to use the joy stick, some you press a button. Force developers to maintain consistency, so the users aren’t always having to change simple control functions depending on what game they play.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Ability to edit avatar name within Oculus Venue

If we are forced to link our Facebook profile to Oculus Venues, then give us the ability to change our avatar name within the app and not be forced to use a Facebook name.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Screen callibration options - brightness is too low and causes "black crunch" to dark details

I don't meaning "backlighting" (oled) which also should have brightness option.

While LED HMDs have too high brightness with gray blacks, quest have too low brightness.

Example: dark movies scenes with no details inside umbra while my old (10+ years) LED TV shows details because of good callibration.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Smear the pointer

I noticed the pointer on YouTube vr has almost motion blur, it kind of stretches as you move it around. I think that would look nice on the oculus quest home page as well. With the low refresh rate it looks kind of choppy at the moment.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow non-invasive account recovery!!!

If you lose access to your Oculus account they WILL NOT allow you to access your account unless you send them a full color, non-redacted scanned photo of your personal state ID or driver's license with all personal info visible (organ donor status, eye color, height, weight, ***, birthday, address, photo, expiration date, etc) all visible by a Facebook employee.

According to the representative George that I'm stuck communicating with, there are absolutely no alternatives to regain access to your account. Despite this disturbing and ridiculous rule, I have been able to gain access to literally every single gaming account…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Алексей

В данный момент недоступна функция трансляции изображения со шлема виртуальной реальности на Chromcast из приложения виртуальной реальности. Я должен на телефоне указать приложению транслировать на Chromcast. причём, как я понимаю, телефон на данном этапе участвует лишь в качестве пульта управления.
    Мне как уверенному пользователю кажется что это атовизм.
    Прошу Вас рассмотреть возможность организации трансляции изображения из приложения виртуальной реальности, непосредственно на Chromcasеt, исключив из цепочки телефон, пусть я и должен буду выйти на нём из приложения.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. ASW3 for TV/Monitor games too. Sony could be interested on exchange technology

Sony probably is interested on 30->60 FPS with a better technique than ASW2 for all their games, for TV and xR (VR with 72->144)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Social Status

Hey!

Could you please expand on the profile status like on other platforms? What i mean is allow us to sign in with different online statuses. Like Online, away, busy (i know we can mute notifications but this would be different), Appear Offline. Sometimes I just want to flail like an idiot in Beat Saber with out getting interruppted to join a session in BigScreen!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base