Oculus Quest

Welcome to the Oculus Quest feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Quest platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Quest platform.
  • Core Software / Guardian: All Oculus Quest main menu, navigation, Guardian, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Oculus TV.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest!    
  1. Fix pairing of arbitrary bluetooth devices.

Being a developer, I would love to able to pair any bluetooth device to my Quest for fun experiments, but there is currently a bug that you cannot enter a PIN because the keyboard does not appear when you click the text field.

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow to adjust time/timezone without having to factory reset

Currently, when the Oculus Quest system clock is false (maybe it identified the wrong timezone at initial setup; the phone had a wrong clock at setup, you changed your location where there is a different local time, and probably when daylight savings time changes (to be seen)), there is no way other then a factory reset to get the system clock of the quest right again. At factory reset the phone time gets synced with the Quest apparently.

Either add a setting within the Oculus Quest home environment, to change and set the current timezone and sync the time with…

138 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Cross Buy for Quest and Go

Some title (where 6 degrees of freedom don't matter), why isn't there cross buy between Go titles and Quest titles?!?

189 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Make a clock (alarm) app

I think a lot of people use the oculus quest in-between work, school or other activities and would like to be able to set an alarm on the quest.

Of course you can set an alarm on your phone but I've got four main reasons why it would be better to be able to set the alarm on the quest.
    1. If you use an external alarm while wearing headphones you might miss the alarm.
    2. If an alarm is ringing on your (for example) phone you need to take your headset off and turn it off and this is…

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  First Party Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Option to shut down or restart the Quest through the Oculus app

Often, the last person to use a Quest could be someone not familiar with how to turn it off after use. Providing an option in the Oculus app to shut it down or restart it without having to put on the headset would be great!

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Companion App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. GizmoVR for the Quest

Add GizmoVR to the store. Quest has no other browsers with integrated VR video player and it’s free.

Please release GizmoVR on the Quest.

107 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Improve your customer service - they are horrible

Improve your customer service - The level of support and people are incompetent, unknowledgeable and unfriendly.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Huawei phones support - currently not existing!

According to Oculus support, Huawei phones are not supported. There is a vast Huawei user base out there that was not told about the missing support for Huawei. Can you fix it? Fast? And let people know that you currently do not support Huawei?

77 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Have a monthly subscription to where users pay mothly for the service and they get most of the top games on the Quest Store.

I think there should be a plan to where Quest and Rift users can get the top game titles and more for just paying for a monthly subscription. I think that it will give a lot of the Oculus users something to do especially since we are all in lockdown. And maybe there can be a plan to where they get Early Access to games coming out if they pay for the subscription.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow for Manual Firmware Updates

It's frustrating trying to guess when the next update will be available on my device, and the "Check for Updates" button hasn't helped in the slightest. It would be great if we had the option to update to the latest firmware instantly during any point in the roll-out.

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Community Lab for non approved apps for Oculus Quest.

Why not Create "Community Lab" for non approved apps for Oculus Quest similar to whats in VRChat. This would allow users to work directly with developers with the understanding it could be buggy or have issues. This would also allow users to play non approved games by Oculus. There are too many great games being shot down by Oculus.

143 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Please add a similar "half pass through" and pass through modes like the "greel lines" mode of the Vive Cosmos

I'm currently crosstesting a Vive Cosmos.

There are 2 things about their pass through on demand that are very useful and which I would like to see in the Quest too in some ways.

1.) Half Pass through: The virtual view gets faded out a bit and the pass though image gets added to it.

2.) Other pass through modes: Beside the camera view the Cosmos offers a "green lines" mode. In this mode you don't see the camera image, but the borders of your RL environment.

I absolutely love this combination to sort myself in my room while playing…

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. returning vr / party to oculus without joining facecbook

the new update requires you to log into facebook to voice chat / party invite,
    this is in my opinion a prejudice requirement for non facebook users.
    i set up a facebook account for 20 minutes then deleted it as i felt sick, it was suggesting friends to me that made me feel physically ill.
    This requirement is not fair for people who do not wish to use facebook. Or is facebook / oculus becoming a dictatorship? It also took me the 20 minutes to set security for everything after that i was just fed up with it. Whom the…

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  First Party Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Have Night Mode switch automatically based on time schedule set by the user or sunrise/sunset

Basically the title, it's kinda annoying to set it/turn it off every time you enter the headset. I don't think an additional option of time schedule would hurt anyone, rather just bring more customisation.

60 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Allow user to reposition the keyboard

I originally thought I was missing something, but upon contacting Support, was told that it's true: There is currently no way to reposition the onscreen keyboard, while in VR. Reference: https://tickets.oculusvr.com/hc/en-us/requests/1078847

This is an inexplicable omission - especially since the keyboard often (usually?) overlays content which should be visible.

See screenshots, enclosed below: In many (most?) cases, the in-VR keyboard obscures either the data being entered (e.g. WiFi password), or at least a portion of the resulting content (e.g. search results).

The desired enhancements are two-fold:

First, the default keyboard location should be where the main interface toolbar is located…

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Update the Casting "red dot"

When you cast or record a red dot is displayed in the top right corner.

The first time this happened I freaked out, thought I had burned the display by accident. It would be better if the red dot would blink, or it would say CASTING or REC for a few seconds beside the dot.

103 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Smartphone notifications mirroring

It would be nice to read notifications on your phone without taking off your headset.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. RECORD SHORTCUT

We wanna make our friends to jump into buying vr.

But we want to share videos from inside the games ! Is too much time to go out of the app and start recording it,it takes like 20sec !

We wanna share our funny moments

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Low battery dot

The low battery notification is sometimes not enough and it would be helpful to have a low battery symbol like the recording and streaming dot. It could also blink at >5% to make sure they know the quest is about to die.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Interactive Home Environments

I think it would make the entire experience of the Quest so much better if we could move around the home environments and interact with all the objects using realistic objects physics (and yes, the Quest should in theory be able to handle this no problem). Maybe it would be optional, so you could delete it if you need extra space?

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  First Party Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base