Oculus Quest

Welcome to the Oculus Quest feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Quest platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Quest platform.
  • Core Software / Guardian: All Oculus Quest main menu, navigation, Guardian, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Oculus TV.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest!    
  1. The ability to type while wearing the headset

It would be fantastic if the hand tracking using the controllers could be refined, maybe using the cameras on the headset, to allow for accurate typing using a VR keyboard. It would make it more feasible to work, respond to e-mails and respond to texts without taking off the headset.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Provide an easier way to get video captures and screenshots off of the headset

Right now you have to plug in a USB, put the headset on to allow the connection, take the headset off, then navigate to the DCIM folder in the Quest directory, then copy or cut to the PC. While it's awesome we can even do that, it's pretty unwieldy.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. just 1 wish: 'the walking dead: saints and sinners'

it's all i want and all i need.

plllssss...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Guide/Guided mode for seniors

I would like to be able to take my 85 year old friend Bob on a guided experience in the Quest. One where his hand controls are disabled and we are in the same VR location. Bob would be able to look around and get the full VR experience, but he could not move his location or interact with the system. I have written up a longer description of this request here:

https://www.techenhancedlife.com/posts/guided-travels-vr-virtual-reality

I think you could have a tremendous impact on the lives of older adults with this feature. (You could also sell Quest headsets in batches of 10…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. CHF currency in Switzerland

Set the Switzerland currency or made it clear that it won’t be possible before paying 499CHF

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Download Oculus Browser possible bug fix

I noticed that downloading videos above 2GB in Oculus Browser doesn't actually result in download completion. Was this intended or am I missing something?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Adjustable Haptics on Quest

It might be cool if in the main settings would be an option to adjust levels of rumbling - from OFF to way more intense feedback levels than these available now.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Developer options: Remember that the guardian is disabled after standby/reboot

This was removed in the latest update and it's really frustrating: When I disable the guardian system in developer options it turns itself back on when the headset is restarted. A second checkbox with: 'remember after reboot/standby' would be a very welcome addition.

The current behaviour is very inconvenient as I only develop for the quest in my free time and thus the headset is turned on and off quite frequently.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Better handling of Proximity when both the Headset and the Controllers are in the 'guardian trigger zone'

Hi,

There currently is a problem with the way Guardian handles proximity when both the controllers and the Headset are in close proximity of the boundary.

Currently:
    When the Headset is close to the boundary, the fading-in degree of the guardian boundary is Exclusively related to how close the Heaset is to the boundary.

What does that mean?
    If the headset is not close to the border, then guardian works fine. When controllers approach the boundary shows. As expected.

But when the headset is making the guardian appear, the fading degree will NOT be affected by how close the controllers…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Quest integrated audio and microphone are not a very good in social experinces and could use improvement

The headphones are Quest are HORRIBLE for social gaming because the mic pics up game audio and echos it back. Rift S and Quest users in games like Rec Room or BigScreen can really harm the overall experience because the feedback/echos are so distracting.

Push to talk would be one simple method to reduce this problem.

However, I think you need to implement some intelligent noise canceling otherwise the integrated headphones really harm social VR for everybody.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Elite Dangerous is a must have

In PC VR is one of the most played games in hours of gameplay terms. People backs for to play Elite.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Glove

How about a virtual reality glove?

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Passthru controller markings for Right Left controller are the same

In passthru view in Polish language version both controllers are marked "P" as in "Prawy" meaning Right. There should be one "P"- Right one "L"-Left

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Discussions tab for VR games and apps.

I have a suggestion for Oculus Quest. Similar to what Steam has, why not add a discussion tab for games and apps in VR, and through the app. That way, we can discuss some stuff in each game and apps, like talking about Beat Saber or Echo Arena.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. "Motorcycle helmet" for no motion sickness like in Void Racer

Should be a standard in vehicle games.

Would be very good option for Anshar games fixing the stable cabin and driving & aiming with head.

Also 3D intensity of Anshar 2 would be good to be another standard option.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Universe sandbox VR to Oculus quest

If anything I would really want this game and if it does happen I will cry with happiness and Universe sandbox VR will be something I'd go back to everyday pleas try to get this on the store

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base