Oculus Quest

Welcome to the Oculus Quest feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Quest platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Quest platform.
  • Core Software / Guardian: All Oculus Quest main menu, navigation, Guardian, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Oculus TV.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest!    
  1. PASSTHROUGH+ physical KEYBOARD key HIGHLIGHTING/detection

I propose keyboard-key detection/highlighting for Passthrough+ perhaps with UI that has superimposed floating keys. That way you can better see where you're typing. To be able to work completely in VR is ideal in my view and I think this is seriously going to help further that vision!

Imagine Passthrough++ having Vastly superior image processing Where it could detect recognized objects, highlight or maybe even colorize them, and maybe even give them new virtual features that you can interact with. To go even further with this idea, It could recognize my smart-lights in my house and show an HUD tooltip…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Need a secure password management included within the Oculus Browser

Need a secure password management availability for Oculus Browser and for installed applications.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. A way to stream the quest screen to pc

A way to stream the quest screen to pc 1080x720 or higher resolution, so anyone could start streaming with obs or any streaming software

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. To go in a game you open a door

Instead of clicking on an game/app you can pick like your top games/apps to have a door behind you in home space so when you go through the door your in the game

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Gallery support for audio tracks in Cardboard Camera VR photos

Oculus Gallery already supports viewing stereo images produced by Google's Cardboard Camera app, but it ignores the audio track that the Cardboard Camera app adds.

The audio track can add a lot of immersion so it would be great if this could be supported in a future update. Details on the format can be found here: https://developers.google.com/vr/reference/cardboard-camera-vr-photo-format

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  First Party Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add Five Nights at Freddy's VR: Help Wanted

if they put Five Nights at Freddy's VR: Help Wanted I feel like the quest would be more popular and way better

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Have some games that don't suck.

Can you please add some games that I won't get bored of in half an hour? Maybe something like Minecraft VR or maybe even Skyrim VR, if you can pull it off.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Make it easier to upload a game to the store

This is what I would consider the biggest problem with the quest right now, despite how long the quest has existed there aren't many games on the store, there's very few free games and a lot of indie games people enjoy aren't on the store because it's so dicult to get anything on the store regardless of how good whatever you made is. Without side quest I doubt most people would be at all interested in the headset and this needs to be fixed.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Be able to turn up the volume for your friends without turning up the game volume

Turn up your friends volume without turning up the game volume

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Make a website with live update rollout information

The rollout of firmware updates for the Oculus Quest is frustrating. We don't know when we will get updates and if an update is rolling out or not.

What I want is a website with the live information of the firmware update rollouts. A site where we can see in realtime which updates are live and which updates are rolling out to people. You can also include the update changelog here.

Also, maybe a notification in the Oculus app to know if you can update your headset.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Fix the installer

https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/4bd31n/oculussoftwareandvrapplicationsmustbe/

Whoever reads this idea, please take a long hard look at that thread, theyre talking about issues from 3 years ago about using your installer, I'm encountering the same issues now, this is ridiculous, I bought the oculus quest and am installing the oculus software to use the new link feature, your lack of having full responses to issues is absurd, it took me and tons of others hours to find out how to install your software on a drive other than C: drive, cuz alot of us use it for our system…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Please add an option to use the HEVC encoder instead of the H264 encoder for Oculus Link

As the title say, it would be nice to get an option for switching the GPU Encoder from H264 to HEVC for Oculus link.

Oculus Link is completely locking out other applications to use the GPU H264 encoder for game recording or streaming (while it utilizes the encoder unit of my GTX 1060 just to 12%).

While I can record my game footage by using the HEVC encoder instead, for game streaming H264 is still mandatory.

As virtual desktop shows, the Oculus Quest is capable of decoding HEVC in realtime. So I see no real reason, why this can't be…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Compatability

1) oculus rooms compatable
    2)chrome compatability so it will work with upcoming Google stadia
    3) multiple accounts per headset
    4)more options to watch movies and activities with friends and family. (files from internal storage)

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add Flag as Stupid to UserVoice, or at least a downvote option

Add Flag as Stupid to UserVoice, or at least a downvote option

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Better Guardians

There are lots of shared space demos / games that are being worked on, that creates areas and rooms using your guardian. I think we can do better.

First, make the guardian unlimited, as big as you want it.

Second, make it so you can erase part of a guardian too. I have a table in a middle of a room, so if I were to draw around it, it would fill the gap in that is the table. An erase tool would solve that problem.

Finally, a way to go up and down when drawing your guardian. Say you…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Invoice for Apps

For my company it is essential to get an invoice when we buy an app for the Oculus. So I would suggest to provide a system which is able to to provide invoices for your clients. Esspecially for buisness customers were it should be possible to change the address somehow.
    You could provide a invoice download in the order section of an account.
    It seems like this very complicated for Oculus and it is not possible to get an invoice at the moment. But this should be a basic service for your customers.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. IN-HEADSET AND IN-APP MESSAGING

You can add people and make a friend’s list on Quest, and you can see them in the headset interface, and you can see them in the app. How is it that your only option to communicate with them is either to make a voice call, or to take off your headset, grab your phone, launch Facebook Messenger, and message them there. Just how ridiculous is that? I’m on my Quest, I see a friend online, it says he’s using Tilt Brush, and I’d like to challenge him to a game of Racket Fury, but I’m not sure he’s up…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add option in the Oculus App to remove previous headsets

Add the option to remove a previous headset from the Oculus App.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Companion App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Is it possible to improve Oculus Link Compatibility with Intel HD graphics.

I think Oculus Link is a great addition to the quest... that is if you have both the cable and GPU to be able to run it. Unfortunately after buying the cable I found out my computer could not support the link as I, like most home computers, don't have a GPU of that caliber. I was wondering if it's possible to make the Link compatible to computers with an Intel HD Graphics 4600 GPU.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base