Oculus Quest

Welcome to the Oculus Quest feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Quest platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Quest platform.
  • Core Software / Guardian: All Oculus Quest main menu, navigation, Guardian, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Oculus TV.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest!    
  1. Have a banner for new users that christmas lights will ***** up tracking

Christmas lights interfere with the inside out tracking, many people buying an oculus quest and opening it Christmas day will have issues, causing widespread concern about the quality of the tracking

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Réglage Luminosité - Setting brightness

Est il possible que vos programmateurs réalisent une mise à jour du casque afin de pouvoir baisser la luminosité dans le mode des réglages. Le mode nocturne en rouge n'est pas suffisant pour baisser la luminosité. L'ajout d'une nouvelle fonctionnalité pour régler sois même la luminosité dans les réglages serait une bonne chose pour le produit concernant les personnes plus photosensibles que les autres.

Is it possible for your programmers to update the headset so that you can lower the brightness in the settings mode. The night mode in red is not enough to turn down the brightness. Adding a…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow the oculus Go library to be available on the quest

The Go library has much more games available on it than the very limited amount of games found on the quest store. I don’t see why a device that is more capable and essentially an upgraded and more expensive version of the Go be restricted from using those games.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow users to customize charging indicators or revert controller charge indicators to percentages.

In v9 of the Oculus Quest OS, the charging indicators for the left and right touch controllers were changed from battery percentages to a three dot system. This system is not only less informative, but some users have even reported the graphical representation of the battery to be inaccurate or misinforming. To remedy this issue, users should be able to choose between text and graphic charge indicators for their controllers and headset or the indicator should simply be reverted to the percentages.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Better privacy options and friends integration

You should be able to "go offline" so friends can't see what you are playing or send you notifications/party requests.

Also, you should have a standard API to allow you to invite friends into any game and instantly join the action. For example if you're playing Rec Room you should be able to send an invite request to friends and have it auto join the room/game you are playing. If you're playing Pokerstars and send an invite they should join your table not the main game lobby.

Lastly, there should be a global push to talk feature. The headphones are…

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Oculus Quest needs to be able to connect to WiFi networks that are hidden and do not broadcast the SSID

In this day and age of IOT devices and the need for security, Oculus Quest needs to be able to connect to a WiFi SSID that does not broadcast.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. A better way to watch videos on the headset!

It can be quite frustrating having to go to Facebook to watch a video with no way to save to your phone’s camera roll. If you screen record it you end up with a choppy and low quality video. It shouldn’t be this hard to access your recordings honestly:

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Cast movies straight to quest

I quite often cast stuff from my phone to my google Chromecast. Would love to be able to cast it from phone to quest

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. RMA Process on Defective Items - New Purchase

I recently purchased the Oculus Quest, and within two days the right controller stopped vibrating. Unfortunately, the RMA process requires I send the defective controller back before I get a replacement. I do not feel this is right given the unit is brand new and it is going to be unusable for between 9 to 11 days (per customer service) before a replacement arrives. Please correct this process, especially for a brand new unit and given the cost. Customer service was helpful via the online chat. I tried the chat support as I had not heard back yet from the…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. IF you continue with the quality of the games and the amount you have now, your system will die

IF you continue with the quality of the games and the small amount you have now, your system will die

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Research in prevent HDM COVID contagion

I think a company, like Oculus, should invest in an interdisciplinary, hardware-medicine study on the topic of methods, procedures and instruments to prevent  high possibility of HDM COVID contagion. The investment could maintain a good sales level after the COVID crisis.
    https://m.facebook.com/groups/409252343255256?view=permalink&id=665855627594925

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Notification when Refunds get blocked

At the moment one gets caught by surprise when one has made too many refunds in a short period of time. There's (as far as I have seen) no info about how many games can be refunded in which period of time before one gets blocked.
    Also there's no information about how long the blocking will be active.

If possible, could you please make the system send a notification mail after the last granted refund with information about:

1. That you have been blocked for a specific time

2. A reminder about how many games can be refunded in a specific period…
    3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Don't let passthrough turn off if you walk too far away from your play space.

I have have two areas I play VR in my house with Quest. A small one for seated experiences in my living room and a much larger one in my basement for room scale.

If I walk out of my small play space and walk towards my larger one the passthrough will just turn itself off and the screens go black. The default behavior should be never to turn off the passthrough for safety!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow creation of FOLDERS or better still LABELS

Hello. I would very much LIKE to see the ability to use FOLDERS. So we can organize the multitude of icons. For example: Beat Saber, Synth Riders, Thumper and Dance Central in folder "Music Rhythm" and so on. What I would LOVE however would be the use of LABELS like in Google Gmail. Then we could give games several labels. Like the label "Music Rhythm" to the above mentioned music games but we could also at the same time give a label "Best Demo for friends" to Beat Saber. You can then for example give SUPERHOT a "genre"-label like ACTION…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Set specific height for user

set a specific height for the user. My son is short and is unable to see above the tables in first steps and first contact.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. See-Through Augmented Reality

To do some see-through augmented reality, there is a need to an API access for passthrough+, cameras and point cloud data.

At least for developers and researchers in a first time.

We completely understand the privacy problem, but this is inherent on all augmented reality headset as hololens, magic leap, ...

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Enable latency-free casting to use an external sound system

An option to have "latency free casting" even audio only, or with a low quality image, would be perfect to use a sound system connected to the tv as the audio source! This should be added!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Oculus base stations

I think there should be an option to purchase base stations for your quest do to the controllers losing their 6 degrees of freedom tracking if visually blocked and unable to be seen by it's cameras. It would be nice if a PC was not required for this process, it could potentially be bluetooth or connect directly to the headset.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Zumba VR

It would be great if you guys develop Zumba excerise VR with colorful displays and Latin Music to dance to. Maybe even allow multiple players to join in the fun. Zumba is a great way to burn off calories. I know I am biased because I love Zumba but it is lots of fun to do and would be so convenient to do this at home. Thanks.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base