Oculus Quest

Welcome to the Oculus Quest feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Quest platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Quest platform.
  • Core Software / Guardian: All Oculus Quest main menu, navigation, Guardian, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Oculus TV.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest!    
  1. Oculus Link Lock-out Fix Related to Quest and PC Software Updates

I am unable to play Rift games that I purchased using Oculus Link. According to the recently updated Oculus PC software, I am not allowed to play Rift games using Link until I update my Quest software. The Oculus PC software tells me to go to the Quest to update my Quest software. However, the Quest tells me that no Quest software update is available. I suspect that the Quest update is being rolled out to Quest owners in phases and that the update has not yet been rolled out to me. In the meantime, I can't play the Rift…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Try giving ACTUAL SUPPORT!! Doesn't work, and NO RESPONSE TO TROUBLE TICKET !! TERRIBLE!

I bought an Oculus Quest to use with Link. The Oculus app does not install on the PC. I submitted a trouble ticket SEVEN DAYS AGO. Absolutely no response. Horrible

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. USB to HDMI

Chromecast support is great for displaying the player's view on a TV for casual games, but regardless of how much effort you put into optimizing the interface, there will always be too much latency in this stack for any games that require a high level of synchronization.

Half the appeal of music games such as Beat Saber for me is playing them in a group/party setting, but even a small amount of latency will be intollerable because the TV audio will throw off the player.

I'm hopping it may be possible to leverage some of the development effort put into…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Put battery in the back to fix comfort

Quest is too front-heavy. Redesign it with the battery and possibly more in the back. I don't even want to use it because of how front-heavy it is. I'd rather use any other VR headset other than Odyssey+ over Quest for this reason. I've had DK2, Gear VR, Vive, Rift, PSVR, Odyssey+, Pimax 5K+, Vive Pro, Rift S, & Valve Index. Forehead comfort is a big Quest problem, and people shouldn't have to mod them to make them tolerable. I know people that modded on Vive deluxe audio straps AND big batteries in the back, and they said it still…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Guest Account for local Multiplayer

If you own a rift and a quest that is logged into the same WiFi, then you should be able to play local multiplayer games on a single account where one person signs in as a guest (more or less similar to the way consoles work).

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. SHIPPING TO SINGAPORE.

Provide shipping to SEA, Singapore. It is so sickening to know such a good product availability however with exorbitant price from re sellers and no options to purchase even with freight forwarders.

Singapore has so many tech companies - facebook, google as SEA headquarters but consumers are not being thought for in the region.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. automatic app updates, more visable firmware updates

Need a button/setting to allow for automatic updates, or at least a notification on my phone that lets me confirm a update. I hate how the headset will update on its own without me knowing anything (i could be super out of date and have no clue) meanwhile i have to go and manually update each app often as they get updates.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. more useful features please

why does Oculus make it so hard for the user to improve some features on the Quest? for example, there are youtube videos on how to make the resolution better within the quest, BUT why isn't this an option in settings, in the headset?
    it drives me & many others insane that we have to do things the hard way. I'm a novice gamer & I've only had my Quest for 6wks, and i wish it wasn't so hard to improve things.
    the visuals & clarity of images in the quest are very average. but there are ways to improve…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Custom songs for best saber

I heard you bought beat saber. So I was hoping you could add something into the game on all platforms. It could be like a search bar so you can just search for custom songs without having to download them. It would make it easier for every vr and psvr would finally have custom songs. Please look into this as I also have a psvr alongside my quest and I really think this would be a great idea and would make the community really happy.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Companion App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow the Oculus Link Cable to cast the Quest on PC

The Oculus Link Cable should be able to cast the Quest environment on PC like it does for the Rift one.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow mic audio in recodings

When recording video on quest allow the user to have mic audio in the recording

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. App suggestion

Could you create a "cardio app" for joggers. Where we can run "in place" but have different destination screens move for us, creating an illusion as if we were really jogging in real time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  First Party Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. App Idea

Can you create an app for relaxation purposes. An app where we can swim in virtual reality. Giving us options to swim in a lake scene, a swimming pool scene & an ocean scene. Creating the water to look very realistic with waves and vivid color. As you paddle your arms through the water, can you create a vibration through the controllers so we can feel the pressure of the water as we swim through it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. App

Can you create an app where we can visit a safari or a zoo where we can to touch animated animals but make the animated animals look very realistic like Jurassic Park.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. A section of known issues on the website, app, or in the settings section of the HMDs with progress statuses (Known, In Progress, Finished)

A section of known issues on the website, app, or in the settings section of the HMDs with progress statuses (Known, In Progress, Finished)

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Add Auditory feedback when the Guardian is Breached

When my head goes past the guardian, I see reality, when my hand goes past the guardian, the guardian turns red but I remain in VR. There have been times when my guardian was close to a wall. My hand would go through the guardian and it would turn red, but I am so focused on an app, that my brain does not register the danger, and I do not take any action. Sometimes in these cases I hit my hand on the wall. What I would like is if the guardian is breached either by the headset or the…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. A better way to watch videos on the headset!

It can be quite frustrating having to go to Facebook to watch a video with no way to save to your phone’s camera roll. If you screen record it you end up with a choppy and low quality video. It shouldn’t be this hard to access your recordings honestly:

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. How to train your dragon game

Team up with dream works
    Be able to tame wild dragons as hiccup
    Ride toothless
    Flame sword mechanics like the lightsaber In Vader emortal

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Fix Aspec ratio on 3d Movies for user content

When you use My Media the aspect ratio of movies is fine. But once you change to 3D Sbs it doesn't keep the correct ratio.
    Please fix

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base