Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Welcome to the Oculus Quest feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Quest platform.We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Quest platform.
  • Core Software / Guardian: All Oculus Quest main menu, navigation, Guardian, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Oculus TV.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest!    
  1. Please can you make the main menu more streamline and user friendly.

At the moment you have a window with user content and another window for the player info, its just messy and not that friendly for new players.

How about 1 window (obviously you can still use multiple windows for web browsing) with headings across the top, simple, press LB or RB or hand gesture but all information is in one place.

Store, Library (with a tick to note installed & other symbol for not), Party, News & Events and finally settings.

Also digging into the menu to check for a software date is a bit ****, put it on the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Use companion app to guide user

One of the most difficult aspects of demonstrating the Quest to a new user, is explaining where they should click inside the user interface. Could we have the ability to tap the screen on the companion app and create a visual inside the headset that will guide the user to that point? Perhaps a blue circle lights up momentarily, or something similar.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Companion App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Wireless Keyboard Accessory

I'm seeing talk of a "Keyboard Overlay", but honestly... why not just make an actual keyboard with a touch pad on it specifically for the quest?

It could use the same tech that's built into the controllers to track it's position using 4 to 5 LEDs spread out evenly along the top edge of the keyboard.

This way, you'll always be able to see the keyboard within the headset.

The keyboard could have a button that "Hides" it until you press any Keyboard Button so it's not showing until you need it.

I'd LOVE for it to have it's own…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Roblox vr from the oculus browser without any pc

It could be cool to play roblox vr from the oculus browser and without any pc at all cuz I cant afford a vr ready pc, I'm sure a lotta people would like this feature.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Quest 2 remodel and Quest 3 IPD slider

The Quest 2 remodel and the Quest 3 needs to implement and IPD slider. It should accommodate people with IPD ranging from 50mm-80mm and should have the ability to be adjusted mm by mm instead of 3 presets. This would provide accessibility to those with narrow or wide IPD and would bring more users to the VR space. It's a win win. More will be able to enjoy the experience while Oculus makes more money from sales. Please make this a thing.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. adjust the distance

User can adjust the distance between the screen in oculus. So we have adjust to best perspective in our preference. For example when we see video in youtube 360. I feel the video is to big in the screen. The people doesnt look like normal humans size . Or maybe this already have solution, but i don't know how to setting. pls inform me if u have information. thx

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Summon/dispell keyboard hand gesture

On Oculus Quest 2 when using hands as controllers, the keyboard does not always appear when needed. It would be handy to have some alternative way of summoning it for example gesture both hands flat in front of you and hold the gesture for some seconds to toggle keyboard on/off.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Up the strength of the VirtuClear Lenses so even more glasses/lenses users can enjoy the Quest 2 with maximum comfort!

Basically the VirtuClear Lens only comes in SPH: 0 to -8.0 | CYL: 0 to -2.0.

And while that might be enough to cover most prescription users then there is others (like myself) whom sadly have the need for stronger SPH than what is currently available.

I contacted the Support and they urged me to make the suggestion here. Maybe other glasses/lenses users that can't benefit of the current VirtuClear Lenses will back up on this idea to make it possible to broaden the spectrum

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow microphone recording during video capture, please!

If a YouTuber wants to share gameplay footage from Quest, it's impossible to easily include commentary because the Quest/Quest 2 do not record the user's microphone. This results in the very time-consuming process of recording audio using a different device and then syncing it with the captured headset video on a PC. If you could just allow an option to record the user's microphone at the same time they are recording their game video, it would make life so much easier. Thank you!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Better support for native Android apps

The Quest platform is based on Android and is able to run (nearly) any Android app, but these are often designed for phones or tv. The Quest only offers a nerly square aspect. The ability to choose between some more resolutions you find on phones or tv devices would improve support for these apps and every developer who has developed Android apps for phones or tv in Java could create aweasome apps for the Quest without having to learn a new programming language.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Make Oculus headsets available for people who are banned from Facebook

As is, if you get banned from Facebook then you lose all of your purchases on Oculus, despite the two platforms being separate. This is a horrible business practice. It also locks out people who are banned from Facebook, as Facebook has a one account per person policy.

How can you expect people to reasonably trust this platform when a random Facebook post could have them losing hundreds of dollars in online purchases, on top of a $300 headset? This is not even going into developers being blocked forever from Oculus because of something they did on their personal Facebook…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Something to eliminate motion sickness, like galvanic vestibular stimulation.

Motion sickness is the biggest reason I can’t get most of my friends and family to use VR — even the one with an Oculus Quest. It’s hard to convince them to just “deal with it until you get your VR legs,” because they don’t want to feel nauseous all evening after taking off the headset. Neither do I — it’s also the number one reason I am hesitant to play many games I would otherwise love to play. It really limits the library for me.

Teleportation doesn’t work well for many multiplayer games, like shooter games, battle royale games,…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Oculus Chat needs work.

I use my headset to game with friends every day, and we almost always have to resort to phone calls or Discord on our phones to communicate. Have an option for Oculus chat to override all other game chat systems if we want, making it easier to jump into a game and find each other among confusing game lobbies. Even a way to toggle Oculus chat on and off while in game would be awesome, giving us quick access to be able to interact with our friends after being in a multiplayer lobby.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Be Able to Toggle Audio on the App when Casting

At least on my phone, when you cast the quest to the phone, the phone doesn't let you shut your volume entirely, and there is no mute button on the app.

I like watching my family members in case they need help, but when I'm in the other room I don't want to hear their game and sound effects.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Right click in Oculus Browser

I want to be able to open links in a new tab, but there’s no right click in the oculus browser.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  First Party Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Extend the "sharing" option to send Screenshots and Video

Extend beyond Facebook Timeline and Messenger...
    At least Sync the Media taken with the Oculus Companion App

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Being forced to accept/deny a friend request only based on a gamertag is silly...

When making a friend request you should be allowed the option to identify yourself or include additional information. I realize not everybody wants the other party to be able see their real name/public Facebook but it would be nice if you gave us that option. At the very least you should be able to include a text message with every request.

When choosing to accept/deny a friend request you should also be able to send messages back and forth. If I get a friend request and don't recognize the gamertag I want to be able to communicate to that person…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Venues lobby Friends priority

I want the Venues app to send me by default to the lobby that has most of my friends. Right now it's a pain to always find and invite each other until we are all together.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  First Party Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)