Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Welcome to the Oculus Quest feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Quest platform.We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Quest platform.
  • Core Software / Guardian: All Oculus Quest main menu, navigation, Guardian, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Oculus TV.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest!    
  1. Education App Development Initiative for Quest Platform

One of the main reasons I preordered the Quest 2 was for educational value (experiences like Anne Frank House, National Geographic, Traveling While Black, Home After War, etc.). However, as I begin to look for other educational experiences, it appears that while there have been some produced that there has in general been a lull in new educational games and no major announcements of upcoming ones. There even appears to be more educational experiences for the Oculus Go platform than for the Quest. I’m thinking of cancelling my Quest 2 as it appears educational experiences is not a major development…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  First Party Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Integrate Facebook messenger within the UI

The ability to use FB messenger while in games so that we don't need to remove our headset to chat with friends.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Increase FOV & IPD settings

I really want to get into VR, but I feel like I'm being excluded since I have a high IPD. So both the Quest 2 and Rift S don't accommodate people with high IPD's and that saddens me really because I would happily pay $100 or even $200 more if that means higher IPD settings and more Field of View. I just don't understand why you can't have multiple versions of headsets like for example IPD- & IPD+ versions of them. Like I said, I would happily pay a little extra for those features and I hope to see them…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Fix this big bug, or “Enable the feature”, whatever,**********Mic disabled with link cable attached.************

Please Fix this bug, or “Enable the feature”, whatever,Mic disabled with link cable attached.**

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Fix companion app compatibility on Android

Currently using a Google Pixel 5, which is kind of the gold standard of what Google thinks an Android phone should be, and there's A HUGE issue with app compatibility. I am assuming that if it shows it on this device it's likely an issue on more. The notification/status bar at the top of the screen somehow covers all the buttons at the top of the screen, making it near impossible to touch any of the phone at the top. All it does is start to open the notification pane. Sometimes I can get around it by going to settings…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Companion App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. FIx broken guardian behavior when changing location

When I move from one location to another, Guardian notices that I've left the area an asks me to return, and also presents a dialog presumably giving me the option to set a new guardian area if the move was intentional, BUT THIS DOES NOT WORK.
    Having moved from a stationary guardian in one location to another location, selecting the stationary setting in a new location (again, intending to re-set the guardian), the dialog just get stuck in a loop back telling me to move back to the original location.
    I MOVED OUT OF THE GUARDIAN AREA. I KNOW I…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. STOP USB requiring approval EVERY TIME

Currently the Quest 2 allows connecting to a PC via USB to transfer pictures, video, etc. This requires an approval which is FINE the FIRST TIME, but having to put on the headset to approve EVERY SINGLE TIME is overkill.
    There are currently the following options:
    1) Deny (self-explanatory)
    2) Stop Asking (stops asking every time but DOES NOT ALLOW THE CONNECTION
    3) Allow (self-explanatory)
    I believe the Quest 1 had a checkbox to REMEMBER that you allowed the connection after you've done it the first time, but this does not appear anymore.
    AGAIN -- YET ANOTHER EXAMPLE WHERE QUEST…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Quest 2 filter and sort steps BACKWARD for Quest 1

Consider this a BUG:
    On the Quest, the home app list allows for filtering and sorting (e.g. "Installed Apps" sorted "A-Z"), AND REMEMBERS THE SETTINGS YOU CHOSE.
    Quest 2 has the same filters and sorting BUT DOES NOT REMEMBER YOUR CHOICE.
    This is a hugely annoying difference amongst many other steps BACKWARDS from the previous generation.
    The default for Quest 2 is "All Items" sorted by "Recent" use.
    I don't want All Items shown by default I only want WHAT IS INSTALLED. It is fine (and right) to allow for filtering to all available, but I shouldn't have to dig…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I just bought Quest 2 I'm having great difficulty buying apps It's wearing me out Life is too short for this Sort it out

Make payment method easier for Paypal So complicated for new users being pushed in circles with Oculus account and Facebook account. I've just spent over an hour trying to purchase an app. Unsuccessful! No trouble elsewhere I use my paypal account everyday.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow us to change the colour of the interface

I don't like how the interface was changed to grey so I would love to see an option to change it to whatever colour we want, or just a good selection of the aesthetically pleasing ones

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add display properties control to Quest 2

Quest 2 LCD display is, by default, pretty washed out, low color range, low contrast as compared to Quest OLED. Some apps (ex: Homestar VR planetarium) are now rendered unviewable on Q2. Much of this could be adjusted by user if access to display/GPU settings were implemented. Gamma, brightness, contrast, vibrance/saturation settings, at the least. The display is so bad on my Q2, I continually wonder if it is defective.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Visually impaired

For the visually impaired are always looking for options to enhance viewing. The oculus quest is an awesome tour however there should be an option to enlarge the font for reading instructions and also on the main menu. It would be helpful to grab the menu and bring it closer to enable reading. I am visually impaired

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Create an external tracking faceplate similiar to the Vive Cosmos

Hi, if possible please create an external tracking faceplate or attachment that would allow the Quest 2 to work with the HTC Wireless Adapter, Index controllers, and Vive/Valve base stations; similar to the one available for the HTC Cosmos headset. With this setup you get near zero latency (imperceptible) and huge play areas, but the headsets are dated. Virtual Desktop w/ the Quest 2 w/ Wifi6 almost works, but still way too much latency (30 - 50 ms on avg). Getting to use the Quest 2 for wireless PCVR gaming and engineering work would be a dream come true.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. PRIVACY: Quest is a MOBILE device that needs password protected multiple user entry. In case we share or we forget the device somewhere.

Please (like windows PC) let us choose user (with password) to login the device once we open it. My parents and brothers using my quest and everyone can see my private messages and photos in the device. Actually if I forget my oculus quest, anyone can access my information. So password protected MULTIPLE USER entrance is imperative for the Oculus Quest, since it is a MOBILE device. PS: I like the device overall and I find it revolutionary but still needs crucial improvements.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. PLEASE add support for GeForce GTX 1050.

support for GeForce GTX 1050. The graphics card doesn't even show up on the minimum specs for Oculus link.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Please work on getting the Oculus to cast to Roku devices.

I would love for my teens to be able to share what they are seeing with their friends and with each other when they play to make it more of a family experience than just an isolated one. We only have smart t.v's or Roku in our televisions and can't cast to the Roku. It would be wonderful if it worked on other devices and not just the Chromecast or Google Home ones.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. See friend's view - Cast to Quest

Allow a friend to easily share their view so I can help guide them. Hours are wasted trying to guide a new user blindly over the phone to do basic things.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Show us how long we have played a game/app.

You already have the data on it why not show it to us?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Require the most stringent protection as defaults.

For all Apps, make the defaults the most stringent protection for users.

Example: Echo VR should have voice and chat disabled by default.

Allow the Users to enable Voice or chat for Party, Friends or ALL.

This way, kids aren't going in there for the first time to a barrage of the "F", "C" and "N" words, and any other words or phrases we try to teach them are hateful in real life.

It's not only the kids, but also adults spewing the hate. At least with the max protection to start, it would take an effort to hear these…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  First Party Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base