Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Welcome to the Oculus Quest feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Quest platform.We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Quest platform.
  • Core Software / Guardian: All Oculus Quest main menu, navigation, Guardian, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Oculus TV.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest!    
  1. "debug" passthrough mode/option

Add a base app or passthrough option that combines the IR(?) feed with the passthrough mode so you can debug your controllers more easily. Basically it would allow you to just put on your headset and figure out what might be interfering with or blocking your controllers instead of using select phones or a dedicated camera.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Have a monthly subscription to where users pay mothly for the service and they get most of the top games on the Quest Store.

I think there should be a plan to where Quest and Rift users can get the top game titles and more for just paying for a monthly subscription. I think that it will give a lot of the Oculus users something to do especially since we are all in lockdown. And maybe there can be a plan to where they get Early Access to games coming out if they pay for the subscription.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. An Oculus Game Station console to make the Quest more powerfull

The Riftstation : a powerful VR dedicated console (like a ps5 at same price) capable of running all the big VR games without wire (like half life Alyx).

More details :

Currently We have a Quest 2 which has Huge power but which is restricted by the Quest 1 (future releases compatibility and for how many time ?)

The Riftstation is the solution. This device could be plug into the TV like an android TV / Nvidia shield. Provide access to Netflix, Facebook video, youtube and more on your TV.

There could be a built-in camera that can be used…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Support USB-C headphones

The headphones that came with my Google Pixel 3 phone don't work with my Quest.

I don't own any headphones with a 3.5mm jack because phones are moving away from it.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Merging Accounts

1) mandatory login to Facebook is a VERY bad idea. I know Oculus is now owned by Zuckerberg. however, this is a poor move forward unless Facebook is going to become a useful app and not the horrible UX experience and social experiment gone wrong it currently is.

2) Merging Accounts - When i purchased a Samsung S8 I helped develop an app for VR on it. I had to create an Oculus account 9which is the one i would prefer to continue to use) for it to do so. Now, we MUST login through our Facebook account, i platform…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Mac support

Add support for Mac link with quest 2

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Companion App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Update compatibility list for oculus link please

Hello, I ordered a laptop that looked like it was compatible compared to the compatibility list for oculus link and it turns out that Despite the list saying that Radeon 5000 series GPUs are compatible, the MSI Alpha 15 laptop featuring the Radeon 5500 M is definitely NOT compatible with link which means I have to send back a brand new laptop and pay a restocking fee which would have been avoided had the list been more specific to that end. Oculus support confirmed that these laptops are not compatible- I recommend updating the list to note the incompatibility to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Passthrough shortcut

I know at one time you could raise your arm and doubletap the side of your headset to enter passthrough. However in the newest updates, that feature no longer exists and we are stuck with Stationary Boundary: Passthrough. While this enters Passthrough only when you leave your defined playspace, would it not be nice to still have that passthrough shortcut to enter passthrough whenever and wherever throughout your device? I mean, besides it taking up memory, why would they not leave us with a shortcut? It does not need a button, they can use the same double tap function they…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. When recording, be able to capture the voice of the person recording.

Also be able to adjust brightness. Oh and to be able to turn on or off the red dot when recording as well as being able to turn it on or off for the player that didn't initiate the recording.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Have an easier way to return request these ******* headsets because

There is no way in gods green earth to contact you talk to you or return a headset you say there is an all over the Internet it says go to my orders when you go to my orders it says I don’t have any he certainly had no problem building my American Express

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add the friend suggestion page to Oculus app

While setting up the quest 2, I was served with a page showing Facebook friends also on Oculus. I skipped since I thought I could return to it later.

Unfortunately I do not think it's available after that. It would be great it can be accessed at any time so I can add friends.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Companion App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Simple user-friendly diagnostic tool.

I 've had to reboot a few times because some programs seemed to be acting the funky (PokerstarsVR). I have no problem with that, because individual programs can have little bugs. Nothing is usually perfectand it's usually identified and resolved with an update "fairly quickly".

But for peace of mind, it might be nice to have a simple (to the user) diagnostic program.

Something like;

Check Memory
    Check Versions
    Check file sizes
    Re-check app hashes
    Test each controllers input
    Screen test - Black, Red, Green , Blue, White
    Check ping & throughput.

Doesn't even have to say all it's doing,…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Multiplayer support.

Better multiplayer support on same account. Currenly I only play Walkabout and Racket rx with my kids. Feels a little sad with that little to do on the otherwise fine looking platform.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Simplified menu and more interactive home environments - linked to Virtual Desktop

I am an experienced IT professional with many years experience navigating menus. When you give someone a quest, their first problem is finding the application they want to run. The menus are poorly created and common to all home environments. They do not integrate into the home environments at all.

It would be great if the home environment contained the games library selection menu - imagine a TV that you turn a knob to change the channel to select a different game, or a portal window that you manipulate to select the game (portal) you wish to jump to.

Other…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. MICROPHONE IS NOT WORKING

I can hear other people talking and hear whatever platform I am in but my microphone is not working. It is very annoying because I do alot of communicating while on my Quest. Please help me fix this issue!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow to talk in party chat while in a game!!

When ever Invite my friend to a party, we can talk and everything is fine. But when we load into a game, we can hear eachother. Can you please add it so I can hear my friends in a game!!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. a way to change the accounts registered Email

i got the Oculus quest 2 (Great console, but it needs some updates) and my brother made the account, and i want to change the email to MY email but there's NO WAY to do that, the console is kinda new and its been getting some updates so your on the right track, Good luck!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Blade & Sorcery

Add Blade & Sorcery to the Quest 2!!! One of the biggest restraints playing Blade & Sorcery on other headsets is the wire. It would be a game changer to allow this game on the Quest 2.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Oculus Link Disconnect (FIX and UI Prompt)

Oculus Link Disconnect Issues

I was experiencing problems with the Link system disconnecting on a regular basis until I found a post about adding a powered USB 3.0 hub. I tried the Oculus Brand link cable direct to the motherboard and various amazon cables without success on a brand new computer. Then after reading a post on Reddit where someone described using a powered USB 3.0 hub, I hooked one up, and presto my problems were fixed. Quest 2 owners using the Oculus link system should be made aware that their pc might not have enough power supplied to their…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base