Oculus Quest

Welcome to the Oculus Quest feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Quest platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Quest platform.
  • Core Software / Guardian: All Oculus Quest main menu, navigation, Guardian, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Oculus TV.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest!    
  1. Allow prepaid or gift cards to be used in the Oculus store.

I would like to give an Amazon card or other gift card to an Oculus user.
    I have lost track of the number of $25 itunes cards I use for music and books.
    You are missing out on some bucks by being tied to credit cards.
    Please make this improvement to acquiring your dandy apps.

75 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Sell VR hygene accessories as official kit

I had no idea just how energetic 6DOF VR actually gets, leading to a side effect; perspiration. If we are going to be showing our friends and colleagues these devices, it would be great to have some machine washable covers for the facial interface.

I am aware that there are third parties who make these products, however they appear to be selling in US dollars and they do not officially support shipping in Europe, which means lots of import taxes.

You guys have worldwide distribution, any chance you could sell (or resell) these?

290 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add a possibility to Store / Backup Savegame Data using either USB Cable on PC/Mac or a Cloud / E-Mail Solution

It is currently not possible to secure Oculus Quest Savegame Data.

This means, that after a factory Reset all your Game Data is lost.

Great would be a Menu which lets you select the Games to Save / Backup its Data in a Database export.

The Database then could be stored locally and able to be transfered to

• a PC / Mac using USB Cable

• Cloud upload

276 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Make Discord accessible on the Quest

There isn't really any way to talk to other people/friends while playing games on the Quest unless they have built in voice chat. But even then you have to listen to everybody, not just your friends. Adding discord would be a nice feature to add some time in the future.

57 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Companion App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. CASTING WITHOUT CHROMECAST!

Cast without buying Chromecast! SmartTV, same WI-FI, Quest headset...CONNECT! DONE!

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Please grant Quest publishing access to the game First Person Tennis by Mikori Games

I researched to find out when the game "First Person Tennis" by Mikori Games would be released on Oculus Quest and was profoundly disappointed to find that it has not been granted Quest publishing access. It is a great game on the Rift but the developer's submission for Quest publishing access was denied for unclear reasons. It is the best VR tennis game out there and is one of the main reasons that I purchased the Quest. Please reconsider granting Quest publishing access to First Person Tennis. As a tennis enthusiast, the other racket sport options (ie, Sports Scramble) are…

59 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  First Party Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Make Oculus link work with full color range inside Steam VR

Right now using Oculus Link to play Steam VR games outputs a limited RGB color range (16-235) to the Quest display, this causes washed out colors and low contrast overall. Please change this to use the Full RBG color range (0-255) so we can use the display on our devices to it's full capacity.

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. blade and sorccery to the quest !!

I would love an action pack swordplay game. Swords of gargantua was mediocre in my opinion

158 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Minecraft vr

Please bring Minecraft VR to the oculus quest

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. An off-by-default section of the store for "Experimental Apps" with less strict curation

While I completely understand Oculus' desire to avoid shovelware and low-quality experiences in the Oculus Quest store, there are a lot of less polished experiences which, while they may not live up to Oculus' strict quality standards, are nonetheless interesting enough to me that I'd still like the option of purchasing them on Quest.

As a compromise, I'd like to propose a section for "Experimental Apps" in the Oculus Quest store. The section could be hidden by default and only shown to users who acknowledge that apps found there are experimental and don't necessarily represent the best that Quest has…

221 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 5Ghz Wifi lock Toggle

5GHZ WiFi Lock toggle - For Cast or any other streaming activities in a Mesh network like Google Wifi is a necessity.

96 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Fix Bandsteering

I do loose WiFi connection in my WiFi mesh when moving between the mesh stations. From all my WiFi capable devices, only the Quest has this problem.

83 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Low battery dot

The low battery notification is sometimes not enough and it would be helpful to have a low battery symbol like the recording and streaming dot. It could also blink at >5% to make sure they know the quest is about to die.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Spotify Integration

Spotify integration so you could listen to your own music during gameplay.
    Imagine playing Superhot with some blood pumping music? It'd not only far improve the experience, but it'd help with those that prefer to listen to podcasts during tedious tasks. (Such as in Racoon Lagoon)

93 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Limit the number of Oculus Quests one person can purchase to improve distribution until the stock shortages are resolved

In light of the limited stocks and the current global situation where many people are stuck in quarantine, it would be a big gesture of Oculus to assist in helping to get VR into the hands of as many people as possible. This includes individuals stuck in quarantine, educators, researchers, etc.

There are major issues of distribution with a significant number of units being snapped up by resellers and scalpers, resulting in many units stuck in the warehouses of these non-users. As of this writing, there are 5169 listings for "Oculus Quest" + Condition = "New" and 2471 listings for…

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Hugh’s ideas for games

Hi, my name is Hugh is I am 6 years old. I love playing games on the VR you made for my daddy. I really would like 2 new games- A space pirate game for Star Wars where Lord Vader wants to get the golden jewel for the middle of his sword. And when you put it in you get the ability for ice. I also would also like a Power Ranger Dino charge game. Where I can be the red ranger and all the other rangers are computers. And make sure to add the Dino chargers, Energems, and the…

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. NO MANDATORY FACEBOOK

You fricking kidding me?! A mandatory Facebook account?! Don’t have a Facebook account and don’t want one. Smart move forcing us to have a Facebook account. Especially since Facebook has such a great track record of managing peoples data and privacy. GET RID OF IT

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Make Hand Tracking work in all games

Make Hand Tracking work in all games. Even if it's not that great. Have it as an option under experimental. I want to try super hot with hand tracking. I don't think the dev would ever put out an update for it.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Passthrough mode improvements

The new on demand passthrough mode is excellent! Just what sooo many people had hoped for. A few suggestions to make it even better:

• It seems that when you enter back into the VR experience from passthrough on demand the room is re-centred, this is not ideal during a bunch of games (beat saber, richies plank experience) especially if it is accidentally triggered when swapping the headset to another user. Ideally passthrough on demand wouldn’t have any impact on the preset centre of the play space.

• a slider for adjusting the sensitivity of the double tap activation. I think the…

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 18.0 update issues

Fix the issues in the new 18.0 update. Universal menu panels are now way too dark to read (its as if someone cranked down the contrast and brightness to make the blacks look blacker but text is next to impossible to read. Also, return the green dots on the controller and headset battery levels. Light gray/dark gray dots are hard to read at a glance.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base