Oculus Quest

Welcome to the Oculus Quest feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Quest platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Quest platform.
  • Core Software / Guardian: All Oculus Quest main menu, navigation, Guardian, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Oculus TV.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest!    
  1. Ignore acceleration sensor in stationary guardian mode

I love using my Go when on trains and planes for sitting experiences and movies and was hoping with the Quest I could do the same and have roomscale at my destination. However I learned today after trying it that the Quest seems to use the accelerometer/IMU in tracking and when the train inwas on slowed or accelerated I **** through the guardian awkwardly and then the Quest crashed. Please allow the Quest to work on moving vehicles in stationary mode by disabling the accelerometer.

53 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Audio

Audio distortion in right speaker fix. It's really annoying when the audio goes distorted after using the headset for a short time. Always the right speaker and lots of people complain about it in my Oculus Facebook group. Needs a reset to work properly again but always returns after use for 30 40 mins on average.

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Increase controller vibrate/rumble

The controller vibration is much too soft, and really detracts from enjoying games like Beat Saber.

52 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. iPad App

The App on the iPad is just the phone app running half size in portrait mode. For better interaction and streaming enjoyment a proper iPad app would really help.

48 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Companion App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Charge battery only up to 80% option

To improve battery lifetime you could add an option to charge it only up to 80%.

50 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add ability to directly cast to Samsung smart TVs

Given the popularity of Samsung Smart TVs, it would be great if we could cast directly to them.

49 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add mixed reality features.

Add mixed reality features. As the mapping of environment and its virtual modification.

50 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. The Spider Man Far From Home Game Should Be Released on Quest

For the past month. Many videos have been made over the Spider Man Far From Home Game for Virtual Reality. Playable on the Oculus Rift and HTC Vive. But some of these videos are people playing the game on the Quest through side loading or ALVR and in these videos, it handles very smoothly. I see no reason to why the game shouldn’t be on the Oculus Quest. It would truly be a great addition to the Quests Apps as the Quest is tether free and will be a more immersive experience playing as Spider Man.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  First Party Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Display date on home bar

Currently, there is no way for a user to see the current date except through the browser (e.g. searching "date" on Google).

As a user, I would like to see the date displayed as a tooltip when I point my controller at the clock on the home bar.

49 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Phone notification integration

It would be helpful and keep me in VR longer if I could have my phone notifications show as a brief overlay while in apps and as a list in the menu. We should be able to toggle them on or off as well as I dont always want them on but it would be nice to have as an option especially when expecting a call or text.

43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Picture-in-Picture Pass-through

An option to allow ‘Picture-in-Picture Pass-through’ mode for times when you can’t be completely disconnected from what’s going on around you.

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Ability to play stored music on the Quest in the background

Please add a feature to play music files stored on the Quest in the background. Would be a great thing maybe while browsing the web or in your store, or just while chatting with a friend.

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Casting "red dot"

When you cast or record a red dot is displayed in the top right corner.

The first time this happened I freaked out, thought I had burned the display by accident. It would be better if the red dot would blink, or it would say CASTING or REC for a few seconds beside the dot.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Please be quicker at approving dev requests for oculus quest

Counter fight (and its siblings) are literally 1 of the only games I repeatedly played on playstation VR and almost 1 of the reasons I didn't get the oculus quest was because it didn't have it. The graphics aren't that intense so I know it can be easily ported and I know the devs are trying to get approval for it for the oculus quest so PLEASE APPROVE IT. There really aren't many games on the quest right now, which is a huge reason people who have used vrs in the past I think like myself might not want to…

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  First Party Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. We need good parental controls

Really in need of Good parental controls like on iPhone.

43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. steam vr

Can steam vr get added as an app? You guys can charge for the app.
    When is new games coming?
    There seems to be very limited games so far. Maybe in the future you might want to add monthly subscription services to the Quest. 19.99 a month for unlimited gameplay from selected titles. If the game is liked, users can purchase the game.

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Quit rejecting so many apps and let the users decide what is good and what is not. You are really ******* off your user base.

You guys are rejecting too many awesome apps. Please quit policing developers and let them develop. The only thing I don’t like about Oculus Quest is the policing of developers. I haven’t talked to one owner that likes what you guys are doing so stop it already and let it evolve organically!!

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  First Party Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Adjustment targets on demand

Please add the ability to bring up the IPD adjustment, and horizontal fit targets on demand and without going through other set-up tasks to get there. Also add an IPD read-our whenever the IPD slider is adjusted, this will help immensely when swapping the headset back and forth, and will create a much better “first impression” for sharing the headset with new users, the number one complaint I get when showing off my quest is “it’s still blurry/I’m seeing a bit double/ I’m going cross eyed”

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Push notices from mobilephone

It would be nice if you can get noticed when someone calls you or you get a textmessage from someone inside the headset. Like push messages. Have this happen multiple times.. when i removed my headset I have missed calls on my phone :)

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Companion App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add an option in the Quest Home Menu (in **** room) to power off the device.

Currently, the physical power button and onscreen confirmation are only way to power off the device. The physical button is sometimes hard to find, especially for kids or new users. And if you take off the device to find the power button, you have to put it back on to confirm shutdown.

Would be nice to just have a power off option in the menu. Power off, confirm, and done.

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base