Oculus Quest

Welcome to the Oculus Quest feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Quest platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Quest platform.
  • Core Software / Guardian: All Oculus Quest main menu, navigation, Guardian, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Oculus TV.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest!    
  1. Support for miracast

I would love to stream my experience on a big screen, but don't own any Chromecast. However I do own a lot of devices that support Miracast, and it would be great if the quest could support this too

47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

6 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 51 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Casting "red dot"

When you cast or record a red dot is displayed in the top right corner.

The first time this happened I freaked out, thought I had burned the display by accident. It would be better if the red dot would blink, or it would say CASTING or REC for a few seconds beside the dot.

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Enable co-located muiplayer support

Oculus has demonstrated this functionality before at OC5 (https://youtu.be/QJXpHp_iQF4) but I haven't heard anything about it since. As a developer, I'd love to experiment with this functionality. This is one main thing VR has been lacking for years and now we have a headset capable of doing it but no software support.

68 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Increase controller vibrate/rumble

The controller vibration is much too soft, and really detracts from enjoying games like Beat Saber.

68 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. The Spider Man Far From Home Game Should Be Released on Quest

For the past month. Many videos have been made over the Spider Man Far From Home Game for Virtual Reality. Playable on the Oculus Rift and HTC Vive. But some of these videos are people playing the game on the Quest through side loading or ALVR and in these videos, it handles very smoothly. I see no reason to why the game shouldn’t be on the Oculus Quest. It would truly be a great addition to the Quests Apps as the Quest is tether free and will be a more immersive experience playing as Spider Man.

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Height adjustment for people with disabilities

Please allow height to be adjusted from the guardian setup for people to enjoy games and experiences with normal height. Many games do not adjust for sitting players and makes game interactions or functions either awkward or impossible (e.g. normal walking speed in Pavlov - game assumes you are crouched).

61 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Ability to select "DuckDuckGo" as search provider in Oculus Browser

I'd like to be able to use DuckDuckGo.com as a default search provider.

70 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Quit rejecting so many apps and let the users decide what is good and what is not. You are really ******* off your user base.

You guys are rejecting too many awesome apps. Please quit policing developers and let them develop. The only thing I don’t like about Oculus Quest is the policing of developers. I haven’t talked to one owner that likes what you guys are doing so stop it already and let it evolve organically!!

54 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Have Night Mode switch automatically based on time schedule set by the user or sunrise/sunset

Basically the title, it's kinda annoying to set it/turn it off every time you enter the headset. I don't think an additional option of time schedule would hurt anyone, rather just bring more customisation.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Charge battery only up to 80% option

To improve battery lifetime you could add an option to charge it only up to 80%.

63 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. History of the firmware changes ("What was changed with this update?")

This could be hidden in the "Settings" next to the firmware version. Currently any changes of the firmware are only detected by chance.

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Ability to play stored music on the Quest in the background

Please add a feature to play music files stored on the Quest in the background. Would be a great thing maybe while browsing the web or in your store, or just while chatting with a friend.

52 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add mixed reality features.

Add mixed reality features. As the mapping of environment and its virtual modification.

60 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Audio

Audio distortion in right speaker fix. It's really annoying when the audio goes distorted after using the headset for a short time. Always the right speaker and lots of people complain about it in my Oculus Facebook group. Needs a reset to work properly again but always returns after use for 30 40 mins on average.

49 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. We need good parental controls

Really in need of Good parental controls like on iPhone.

57 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Ignore acceleration sensor in stationary guardian mode

I love using my Go when on trains and planes for sitting experiences and movies and was hoping with the Quest I could do the same and have roomscale at my destination. However I learned today after trying it that the Quest seems to use the accelerometer/IMU in tracking and when the train inwas on slowed or accelerated I **** through the guardian awkwardly and then the Quest crashed. Please allow the Quest to work on moving vehicles in stationary mode by disabling the accelerometer.

58 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Partner to bring at least one full-featured RPG natively to Quest

Please partner with one of the studios and bring at least one proper big single-player RPG natively to Quest. The genre is arguably one of the killer apps for VR, but a large RPG is notoriously expensive to produce or port. It would make the platform more wholesome and attractive. Without your support, it will take years until some studio finds the courage and the budget.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Picture-in-Picture Pass-through

An option to allow ‘Picture-in-Picture Pass-through’ mode for times when you can’t be completely disconnected from what’s going on around you.

56 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Offer trade in of old Quest devices when new versions are released

For environmental reasons, there should be a trade in program in place when the next generation of Quest launches, so that one can send in their old Quest and get a discount for the new model. Especially since the device will effectively be useless when the battery dies, since this battery is not user replacable.

The Quest can then be refurbished and sold at a lower price, widening the potential audience for VR.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base