Oculus Quest

Welcome to the Oculus Quest feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Quest platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Quest platform.
  • Core Software / Guardian: All Oculus Quest main menu, navigation, Guardian, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Oculus TV.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest!    
  1. Resolution

Would be great if the resolution could be adjusted within settings on the headset

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Offer to disable tracking at the 'Tracking Lost' message.

3DOF is added (thats great!) unfortauntely it needs a better implementation!!

Currently in order to disable tracking (to use the device in the dark) a user must first HAVE TRACKING to access the menu and disable tracking... This is not a good user experience.

A better user experience would be to show the toggle for 'disable tracking' at the 'Tracking lost' erorr screen.

This would allow users to wake their device from sleep in either a lit or un-lit environment and be able to access and use the device.

Every time the device wakes up it would default to 'Tracking…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Facebook Live streaming directly to Facebook Pages

Currently you can only stream live on Facebook to your personal fb account. I’d like the ability to stream directly to my Gaming Video Creator Facebook Page.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Focus on the oculus link connection issues

Whenever I try to connect to oculus link It keeps sending back home and my computer app tells me I have a general device error, disconnects my headset, then reconnects it digitally.

This is a problem that needs to be looked at, it effects the link system as a whole.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Change the padding material of the mask.

At this point, you should change the material so that it is more comfortable and to further provide airflow, in order to avoid marks on the face after only 30 minutes of use.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Rift S Feedback

Dear Oculus,
    My name is Harrison Mather, I’m a 14-year-old boy from Australia and recently I bought your product, the Oculus Rift S. Since the release of the original CV1 I have always been invested in VR gaming, but I could only watch gaming VR videos on YouTube. This year, after saving up work money, I finally got my hands on a Rift S, and I have to say, this is the greatest product I have ever bought!! Using the Rift S is incredible, and since I purchased the headset about a month and a half ago, I have over…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Improve dark image quality in Oculus Link

I've honestly been blown away by the image quality of the Oculus Quest combined with my RTX 2080Ti, it's an incredible bonus which I wasn't counting on when I bought the headset. Even better, I can't believe VirtualLink already works this well!

Unfortunately I ran in to a major issue playing Westworld Awakening, and that is the image compression used for Oculus Link. The game in question has A LOT of dark scenes with very low contrast, causing very clear artifacts to appear. This causes severe motion sickness because artifacts don't really care about head tracking... This is, of course,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. The hand pointer is too far above the index finger, should be at same level. Makes hand controller non-usable if your playing on a bed.

The hand pointer, (the one that is on the item on the screen), is too far above the index finger, should be at the same level. Makes hand controller non-usable if your playing on a bed.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Reliable, Stable Casting without the need for an Internet Connection.

I would like to see reliable and stable casting. Right now I can’t count on it at all. I have tried more things to fix it than most people would be prepared to do. It would best best if casting could be done without the need for an Internet connection. If one goes to a cottage or a place without an Internet connection you are out of luck. Google Chromecast requires an Internet connection as well. Why an Internet connection is necessary for anything other than updates and purchases is unnecessary other than monitoring one’s activities. A simple Oculus HDMI…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow us to use USB gamepads/controllers

At the moment we can't use USB gamepads/controllers on the Oculus Quest. I Believe you could do this on the Oculus Go so why not the Oculus Quest? I only have 1 Bluetooth controller that doesn't work very well but I have many many many USB controllers that would give me a much larger selection for controller options.
    (Using a USB-A to USB-C adapter)

Please make it happen Oculus!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Improve strenth of head strap connection to headset

The damned bracket for the headset broke already with just everyday use. Flimsy plastic. Perhaps metal next time? Lots of weight on the front and the strap pressure over time it just cracked, and poof... sadness.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Oculus link upload

Instead of having the oculus link always attached to the oculus quest, make it to where you can upload the oculus rift games to the oculus quest with the oculus link. Because when its always attached, there is almost no difference between the quest and rift.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. PASSTHROUGH+ physical KEYBOARD key HIGHLIGHTING/detection

I propose keyboard-key detection/highlighting for Passthrough+ perhaps with UI that has superimposed floating keys. That way you can better see where you're typing. To be able to work completely in VR is ideal in my view and I think this is seriously going to help further that vision!

Imagine Passthrough++ having Vastly superior image processing Where it could detect recognized objects, highlight or maybe even colorize them, and maybe even give them new virtual features that you can interact with. To go even further with this idea, It could recognize my smart-lights in my house and show an HUD tooltip…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Need a secure password management included within the Oculus Browser

Need a secure password management availability for Oculus Browser and for installed applications.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Cast Directly to The Oculus Desktop App And Add Support for smart TV's Like Advertised.

I just spent over an hour trying to get casting to work on my brothers TV with his 5 year old. It's hard and once you get it started it's to glitchy to even watch. The only way to cast to a chrome cast TV right now is by casting to the phone and then casting to the TV. Please Oculus add direct casting support for the Quest in your Desktop App and make a casting app for smart TV's.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. To go in a game you open a door

Instead of clicking on an game/app you can pick like your top games/apps to have a door behind you in home space so when you go through the door your in the game

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. New games!

Some new game ideas for oculus!
    1. I think a hairstyling game might be fun, and could be useful for people trying to learn how to do certain hairstyles, like a French/ fishtail braid!
    2. It’d be cool to have a home design game where you could build/design a house!
    3. I know this is included in job simulator, but possibly a cooking game, maybe one entirely focused on cooking?
    Let me know what you think and feel free to add on with any other game ideas!

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Make it easier to upload a game to the store

This is what I would consider the biggest problem with the quest right now, despite how long the quest has existed there aren't many games on the store, there's very few free games and a lot of indie games people enjoy aren't on the store because it's so dicult to get anything on the store regardless of how good whatever you made is. Without side quest I doubt most people would be at all interested in the headset and this needs to be fixed.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Be able to turn up the volume for your friends without turning up the game volume

Turn up your friends volume without turning up the game volume

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base