Oculus Quest

Welcome to the Oculus Quest feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Quest platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Quest platform.
  • Core Software / Guardian: All Oculus Quest main menu, navigation, Guardian, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Oculus TV.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest!    
  1. Low Vision Accessibility in the Headset Dashboard

There are many low vision users interested in VR and the Quest, myself included. As both a Rift and Quest owner, I would love to see more Low Vision Accessibility in the Oculus dashboards.

There are a couple of ways that would greatly help with this.

Please add full 6 degrees of freedom, movement/head tracking in the Oculus Home/Dashboard interface. Interestingly, a user can crouch down and get closer to the bottom navigation bar, but the overall UI is at a fixed distance away from the user's eyes, no matter where you move or lean. Being able to freely move…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. optimize better for outside quest exploring use

improve grass tracking, and enlarge roomscale for outside use

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. suggestions général

Hello,

The battery is empty at a crazy speed.
    as well as the touch ...
    Touch tracking is better but still losses ...
    the super guardians.
    and unfortunately the awning is not yet very well stocked

----------------

Bonjour,

La batterie se vide a une vitesse folle.
    ainsi que les touchs...
    Le suivi des touchs est mieux mais encore des pertes...
    la guardians superbe.
    et malheureusement le store n'est pas encore tres garnis

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Allow Video to be recorded in 16:9 aspect ratio

To allow video captures inside of the Oculus Quest headset to be recorded in a 16:9 aspect ratio. (Full screen recording)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Screen callibration options - brightness is too low and causes "black crunch" to dark details

I don't meaning "backlighting" (oled) which also should have brightness option.

While LED HMDs have too high brightness with gray blacks, quest have too low brightness.

Example: dark movies scenes with no details inside umbra while my old (10+ years) LED TV shows details because of good callibration.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Fix aliasing

On the edges of the screen there is aliasing and it’s hard to ignore

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Microgravity induced Vection with VR goggles inquiry

Has your product been tested in microgravity to improve application of realization for VR. I am conducting research on vection and how microgravity can increase the sensation of self-motion and would like to know if any research you have done to increase the realness of your product.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. More custom settings for the main screen in the dome room

My initial impression of the default main screen is that it's too high and too close. Sometimes I find myself straining my neck to look up to see it all. Sometimes it's no problem at all. And sometimes it's perfect. However, my position in my own environment changes and because of that my angle of viewing the mainscreen does too. I know we can adjust the screen left, right, and up. But there is a fixed "base" position. Can we have more control over that base? Also the "zoom" or size of the screen should be adjustable too.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Quest integrated audio and microphone are not a very good in social experinces and could use improvement

The headphones are Quest are HORRIBLE for social gaming because the mic pics up game audio and echos it back. Rift S and Quest users in games like Rec Room or BigScreen can really harm the overall experience because the feedback/echos are so distracting.

Push to talk would be one simple method to reduce this problem.

However, I think you need to implement some intelligent noise canceling otherwise the integrated headphones really harm social VR for everybody.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Prime Video VR in more countries - There is P.V. already in Spain but no VR version

I pressume needs only translation. Get it from Android version.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Can't use mic for Facebook casting and in game at the same time.

When trying to play games that uses the mic (VRChat, Rec Room, Sports Scramble, Drop Dead, etc..) you can't use it during facebook casting. You can either..

1. Start your facebook cast and launch the app. (Breaks mic for the game.)
    2. Launch your game and then start casting. (Breaks the mic for the cast.)

Why can't the mic work for both?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Fixed guardien, real live point = game ponit

If you play creed or richies plank experience, the plank aren't always in same position, sometimes the plank are out of the guardien zone, I want a option to fix game ponit withe room point. So your orientation is better and your game and room Kontroll is more stable.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add Video View Counter

Either in the core system or in the SkyBox app there should be a way to collect data on videos uploaded to the Oculus Headset like video view count, how long the video was watched, etc. This information should be available to copy or export into a csv file.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  First Party Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 1. OculusVideo无法找到内置视频Bug; 导航栏菜单无法删除和替换已卸载的内置应用

1. OculusVideo之前试过,但是左边下面菜单里没有我的视频的选项,也没有可以选择局域网电脑的选项;
    2. OculusGallery 相册这个应用我很喜欢,希望可以它在下面的导航栏菜单栏里(之前一直在导航栏浏览器右边,昨天变成了OculusTV这个应用,我试着把
    OculusTV卸载,它依然还在导航栏原来的问题,请问我要如何操作才可以把它移除,把OculusGallery 相册放到它那个位置上,

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Refresh button for folder contents

When I upload VR videos into the onboard memory, sometimes I have to add or edit the designators at the end to indicate LR / 180 / 360. I make these edits on my computer while connected to the Quest via USB, but the file names listed by the video player on the Quest do not change.
    I have to exit the Video Player completely, then restart it so that it can register the changes and display the file correctly.
    Having a Refresh button would be much easier.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Fix issues with party chat audio

Every time I am in the Quest party chat the audio crackles for everyone involved. I don't know if it has started with the latest update as it's only just started from around the 21st of June. It's much worse when there are more than 2 people in the party.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Guest user attached to single profile so that local Crossplay is possible on one account.

Many traditional PC games allow guest accounts so that many people can play a single game on one account. As it stands, in order to currently do that between the Rift and Quest, one would need to set up two profiles and buy each game twice. There should be a guest account feature that allows a guest to temporarily join a profile if they are on the same local WiFi (for example). Creating this feature, would then allow game developers to implement the guest into a single game. I believe this would increase the amount of Quest sales as many…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. SMAA before downsampling, then super sampled SMAA. Maybe need Vulkan

Thinking about post process filters only works on final image withouth downsampling benefits.

Could it give better quality than MSAA x4 and filter alpha textures?

Would be about x3 faster than MSAA x4 i think

Fast combo with sharpen filter before downsampling too

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Universal sharpen filter in home settings menu

Some people prefers to have sharpened image.
    In some films film grain could be ugly, but in vr desktop style apps could improve streamed texts.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. You should try to add more games and focuses on making better wireless headsets like this

The quest and go are amazing but the quest doesn’t have very many games but the go doesn’t have very fun games like on the quest but if they could sorta combine the two into one light headset I would spend any amount on it

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base