Oculus Quest

Welcome to the Oculus Quest feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Quest platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Quest platform.
  • Core Software / Guardian: All Oculus Quest main menu, navigation, Guardian, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Oculus TV.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest!    
  1. Disable windows on Passthrough+ when outside Guardian boundaries

Right now, when you enter Passthrough+, you get an unobstructed view of the outside world. But if you step outside your guardian boundaries, a window pops up for you to reset them.

The behavior I'd like:

• No interface should pop up at any time till you double-tap to return.

• Double-tapping to return inside your guardian brings you back to your game

• Double-tapping to return outisde your guardian brings up the window to change your playspace

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow refunds for DLC

For a lot of DLC, like Beat Saber song packs, there's no way to know if it's good for you or not until you try it. So you might spend $10 for the DLC, but then you can't get a refund. I think it would make people more likely to take a chance on DLC if they're able to get a refund if they don't like it. Even giving the refund as store credit would be okay.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Let us change the resolution permanently. (Supersampling)

There are different tools out there, that let you change the resolution of the Quest. (1.5x, 2x, 2.5x, 3x of the original resolution). That uses more battery but most of the games still run without frame drops on 2x and it looks absolutely stunning and way better than on the original resolution.
    It would be awesome if there would be an option to choose between "better resolution" and "better battery lifetime".

258 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Linux Support for Oculus Link

Please consider providing Linux support for the Oculus Link.

With the increasing number of native Linux builds on SteamVR and the current stability of Steam's wine powered Proton compatability layer for Windows games, the ability to use Oculus Link on Linux has become attractive.

At minimum, the production of documentation useful to the Open Source community providing the means for a third party implementation would be greatly appreciated -- beyond the general overview currently provided:

https://developer.oculus.com/blog/how-does-oculus-link-work-the-architecture-pipeline-and-aadt-explained/

If the official stance from Oculus is to not support Linux, at least give us the opportunity to support ourselves with your help.

47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Make account sharing for devices in a family. I bought 2 for my kids but now I have to buy any games twice that they want to play together?

Make account sharing for devices in a family. I bought 2 for my kids but now I have to have 2 accounts and buy any games twice that they want to play together? Or if we share an account for both we can’t play together or save our own progress, etc? This makes no sense.

137 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Sell VR hygene accessories as official kit

I had no idea just how energetic 6DOF VR actually gets, leading to a side effect; perspiration. If we are going to be showing our friends and colleagues these devices, it would be great to have some machine washable covers for the facial interface.

I am aware that there are third parties who make these products, however they appear to be selling in US dollars and they do not officially support shipping in Europe, which means lots of import taxes.

You guys have worldwide distribution, any chance you could sell (or resell) these?

281 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Prices according to countries..

Hi dear Oculus team ,

I live in Turkey...I am so happy to have oculus quest...

My concern is,
    The prices of games are really high when we convert it Dollars to Turkish lira...I believe that you should arrange prices according to countries economic situation... We are equal, but not living in same conditions..

(For your information please check other companies prices : Apple games - Steam games - Google play etc.. These carriers prices were adjusted according to the situation in Turkey. )

I hope, I expressed myself well.

Sincerely,

60 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Make Beat Saber cross-buy

Now that Facebook owns Beat Games, Beat Saber should be a cross-buy compatible title. Frankly, this should’ve been announced at the same time as the acquisition.

Offering store credit to those who have already bought both versions would prevent any complaints.

60 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  First Party Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add a possibility to Store / Backup Savegame Data using either USB Cable on PC/Mac or a Cloud / E-Mail Solution

It is currently not possible to secure Oculus Quest Savegame Data.

This means, that after a factory Reset all your Game Data is lost.

Great would be a Menu which lets you select the Games to Save / Backup its Data in a Database export.

The Database then could be stored locally and able to be transfered to

• a PC / Mac using USB Cable

• Cloud upload

270 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow prepaid or gift cards to be used in the Oculus store.

I would like to give an Amazon card or other gift card to an Oculus user.
    I have lost track of the number of $25 itunes cards I use for music and books.
    You are missing out on some bucks by being tied to credit cards.
    Please make this improvement to acquiring your dandy apps.

66 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Support for miracast

I would love to stream my experience on a big screen, but don't own any Chromecast. However I do own a lot of devices that support Miracast, and it would be great if the quest could support this too

170 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. An off-by-default section of the store for "Experimental Apps" with less strict curation

While I completely understand Oculus' desire to avoid shovelware and low-quality experiences in the Oculus Quest store, there are a lot of less polished experiences which, while they may not live up to Oculus' strict quality standards, are nonetheless interesting enough to me that I'd still like the option of purchasing them on Quest.

As a compromise, I'd like to propose a section for "Experimental Apps" in the Oculus Quest store. The section could be hidden by default and only shown to users who acknowledge that apps found there are experimental and don't necessarily represent the best that Quest has…

217 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Family accounts multiple devices

Can we set up multiple user on one device? It’s unfortunate that a family can’t buy two devices and share games. That is price gauging in my opinion. I might not have bought two if I knew that.

Please answer my questions

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. blade and sorccery to the quest !!

I would love an action pack swordplay game. Swords of gargantua was mediocre in my opinion

151 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Fix Bandsteering

I do loose WiFi connection in my WiFi mesh when moving between the mesh stations. From all my WiFi capable devices, only the Quest has this problem.

80 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 5Ghz Wifi lock Toggle

5GHZ WiFi Lock toggle - For Cast or any other streaming activities in a Mesh network like Google Wifi is a necessity.

92 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Add multiplayer support to hand tracking (could be used for communication via sign language)

I recently noticed a request in the Bigscreen forums to add hand tracking support to the game. The person who requested it was deaf, and most of his friends were deaf too. He wanted to use hand tracking in order to communicate with them via sign language. The Bigscreen devs said they wanted to add it, but that hand tracking doesn't yet support multiplayer. Meaning the game can track your hands, but no one else will be able to see your gestures.

So I'm making this request that multiplayer support be added to hand tracking. Not only would it work…

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Please grant Quest publishing access to the game First Person Tennis by Mikori Games

I researched to find out when the game "First Person Tennis" by Mikori Games would be released on Oculus Quest and was profoundly disappointed to find that it has not been granted Quest publishing access. It is a great game on the Rift but the developer's submission for Quest publishing access was denied for unclear reasons. It is the best VR tennis game out there and is one of the main reasons that I purchased the Quest. Please reconsider granting Quest publishing access to First Person Tennis. As a tennis enthusiast, the other racket sport options (ie, Sports Scramble) are…

50 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  First Party Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add “Not Helpful” to Store reviews

I see people can upvote a review with “Helpful” but there’s no “Not Helpful” option. Would be great to allow review readers the option to swing both ways and for reviewers to see more precise feedback.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Limit the number of Oculus Quests one person can purchase to improve distribution until the stock shortages are resolved

In light of the limited stocks and the current global situation where many people are stuck in quarantine, it would be a big gesture of Oculus to assist in helping to get VR into the hands of as many people as possible. This includes individuals stuck in quarantine, educators, researchers, etc.

There are major issues of distribution with a significant number of units being snapped up by resellers and scalpers, resulting in many units stuck in the warehouses of these non-users. As of this writing, there are 5169 listings for "Oculus Quest" + Condition = "New" and 2471 listings for…

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base