Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Welcome to the Oculus Quest feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Quest platform.We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Quest platform.
  • Core Software / Guardian: All Oculus Quest main menu, navigation, Guardian, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Oculus TV.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest!    
  1. Ability to search/add Oculus Users who are my Facebook friends from "suggested friend menu" (not just on install)

When I set up my Oculus Quest 2 I was shown a "these are your Facebook friends who use Oculus"... I skipped it at the time. Can't find it anywhere now. Support does not seem to have a link to find this menu, suggesting factory reset to see it again. But of course this isn't really an answer and won't help me find new Facebook/Oculus friends in the future.

I would like to suggest to have this added under the "People -> Add" option. A simple - Search existing Facebook/New Oculus friends.

This tab currently shows me people I am…

99 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

8 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Don’t allow reviews until the user has played at least an hour and a half

Reviews are garbage. There needs to be more options and restrictions to make them less garbage.

Don’t allow users to post reviews until they’ve played at least an hour and a half of the game. This time restriction would allow people to post reviews and return the game but also give users enough time to judge, at the very least, the initial chapters of the game. It’s not helpful for people to post reviews that say “five stars, I’ll update when I play the game”.

262 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Companion App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Update The Quest 2 to Support Quest 1 Controllers

I understand the desire for a new controller, and something like the thumb rest that was missing before is a nice addition. However very many users like the quest 1 controllers more.

This includes:

1. users with smaller hands. My partner for example has trouble reaching the upper buttons (B/Y) without having to readjust her hand on the controller.

2. for some games, the quest 1 controller is a lot more comfortable. Names: for Eleven Table Tennis.

3. continuing for Eleven Table tennis: there is a very active controller adapter community that has created various 3d printable and otherwise paddle adapters for the…

106 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Replace the "Go Live" function in share options

With the arrival of the V30 update for the Quest 2, the "Go Live" function was deliberately eliminated. Many people who are a part of the same Facebook Group, specifically the In Death: Unchained community, used this function on a daily basis to share our gameplay. I am confident that many other communities use this function, as there are ALREADY a limited number of ways to stream Quest 2 content in STAND ALONE mode without using a PCVR function. Please add this back to the core software or give us other options for live streaming content. Perhaps to platforms OTHER…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Make Quest Accessible for People who are Deaf

Set new dev guidelines that force all developers to incorporate accessibility features for people who are deaf.

Subtitles, some other UX prompts, I'm no expert and not deaf but I have built websites for the blind and consider accessibility fundamental to the user experience.

This idea was inspired by this Reddit users post https://www.reddit.com/r/OculusQuest/comments/e997wb/quite_a_lot_of_the_quest_apps_are_completely/

1,018 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

34 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Software IPD settings for Quest 2

For me the best sweet spot and distortion is Step 2 but my IPD is 68.

Quest 2 has software IPD that changes with the lens, because the screen is fixed.

I have software and hardware IPD in another hmd and it works perfect.

You only have to give us the option to change the offset of the software IPD, and then you can change the best option for you. Please give us this option. Then I can have full fov with my IPD.

Thanks.

101 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Official Oculus Link Wireless using WiFi

Official support for using PCVR titles wirelessly via WiFi streaming

53 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Google Photos support in Quest 2

I had an old, 2016 Google Daydream that integrated smoothly with Google Photos official app to view my 360 content in vr.

On my Quest 2 in 10/2020.
    The Oculus TV app won't connect to Google Photos and the Google Photos web doesn't offer webxr through the oculus or Firefox browser. And the Oculus Gallery app has apparently been discontinued, though I've read that synced with Google Photos.

Please add immersive vr integration with my Google Photos account to the Quest 2.

92 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  First Party Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Pixel Inversion/ Scanline Correction Software

Pixel inversion/scanline correction software; since getting the rift S now moving to the quest 2, I am part of the small minority of oculus vr headset owners who are sensitive to scanlines/ pixel inversion. I am not talking about the screen door effect where it can be seen as a grid made up of lines which this can be seen clearly on the rift s, this is harder to see but easy to see on white backgrounds on the quest 2. I am talking about scanline/pixel inversion which can be seen by only some people as myself which appears as…

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Remove new user requiring Facebook Account

Starting in October 2020, new users will not be able to use an oculus account and instead will be required to sign in with Facebook. Also oculus accounts will not work on January 2023 resulting in loss of almost all features and game developers potentially cutting support without Facebook account.

144 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Show logged hours of gameplay next to reviews

For more transparency about the opinions people read before making a purchase in the Oculus Store, display the total amount of time a reviewer has spent in a game at the time they post the review.

209 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Provide Anti-scratch lens rings for ALL Quest 2 purchases.

I would like to see Facebook address the very large issues of scratched lens' by including provided anti-scratch lens rings with the quest 2 rather than the spacer bracket for glasses, of which literally does nothing but give you a few mm more of space, it in no way prevents the glasses from going glass on plastic with the Quest 2 which results in horrific scratching of the lenses.
    Facebook provides a spacer to users under the guise that it does something, that is specific for glasses wearers, and that is to allow more room in the facial interface to…

56 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. allow screen casting of OQ2 headset regardless the account in use

Screen casting needs to be enabled always on the primary account, regardless the account in use, as it works now, you cannot screen cast at all when a secondary account is logged in

I have two Oculus Quest 2 to host friends at my place and play together using app sharing.
    Both headset are on my primary facebook account, and one headset has "app sharing" enabled and i let my friends logging in with their own accounts.

When a secondary account is in an Oculus Quest 2 device, there is no way to cast the screen because it requires the…

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Show controller charge level as percentage.

Please restore the percentage icons for the controllers on the Quest home. The percentage bar was more useful and accurate. Thank you.

ArnookieVR??

1,201 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Hebrew input method support in oculus browser

It will be really helpful to add a way to input more languages, either through the virtual keyboard or through a physical one. It’s currently the only thing limiting work with foreign language websites/document editing for required language.

78 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  First Party Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. NO MANDATORY FACEBOOK

You fricking kidding me?! A mandatory Facebook account?! Don’t have a Facebook account and don’t want one. Smart move forcing us to have a Facebook account. Especially since Facebook has such a great track record of managing peoples data and privacy. GET RID OF IT

119 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Family Sharing

Several other platforms like Steam, PlayStation, etc. offer family sharing for multiple users in the same household. The same game can’t be played at the same time across multiple accounts or devices, but can be shared within a household in the same way that physical media works.

3,027 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

237 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. App Lab apps should be included in App Sharing

All new apps/games are supposed to be shareable between multiple accounts on the same Quest. (as said by the official Oculus announcement: https://www.oculus.com/blog/gather-your-party-introducing-multi-user-and-app-sharing-on-oculus-quest/)

However, App Lab apps are currently not shared between multiple accounts (at least not the 20 or so I've tried), even ones that you pay for.

All App Lab apps should be shared between multiple accounts on the same Quest, just like non-App-Lab apps.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Mic Recording

Allow the option for your mic to be recorded when you are recording. Currently you can you only record the audio form the quest and not your mic. An option to turn it off and on would be very beneficial and would help in creating video content using the quest!

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Check quality of screens avoiding selling headsets with dead pixels.

I have bought a Quest 2 headset in Amazon and it has a dead pixel. I know the are more users with this problem receiving a second unit with the same problem. I like the Q2 but like me a lot of VR enthusiasts want to enjoy games with no hardware issues.

Please. Take care of people who have supported VR from the beginning.

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base