Oculus Quest

Welcome to the Oculus Quest feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Quest platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Quest platform.
  • Core Software / Guardian: All Oculus Quest main menu, navigation, Guardian, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Oculus TV.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest!    
  1. Bring back old controller battery meter

The new colored battery meters are a distraction and harder to notice when battery is low. The colors on a primarily white text menu is distracting. Perhaps bring back the numbers and have them change colors when low.

154 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

14 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Give the ability to name your headset

Will be helpful for organization and casting a headset when you have multiple but don’t know the codes by heart. I’ve provided an image for what it can look like with the rename ability.

182 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Companion App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Don't show Rift footage on Quest game trailers

Gameplay trailers should look the same as what you're gonna get, using Rift games footage is fooling people...

370 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Smart TV apps for casting directly to a TV

Currently casting to a TV requires a Chromecast. It would be great if there were Oculus apps for Roku, Amazon Fire Stick, etc to make it easier to cast to a TV

397 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Companion App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Bring native social features (Rooms, Venues) to Quest

The Quest does not have any native social features.

The Go has Rooms and Venues, and the Rift (S) has Home. We have to rely on third-party apps to hang out with friends even though Facebook owns Oculus.

Bring Oculus Rooms and Oculus Venues to the Quest!

393 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  First Party Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Good news! Venues launched on Oculus Quest last month! Keep an eye on the Oculus blog (oculus.com/blog) for announcements about upcoming Venues events. I’m marking this idea as ‘Started’ since there are additional asks listed here. See you all in Venues on Quest!

6. Allow the IPD size overlay to be disabled

Sometimes a slight movement of the head can be enough to move the lenses slightly, I am unsure of what causes this, could be the bridge of my nose pressing upward, could be a wobbly IPD slider, either way it becomes a source of annoyance when the IPD "toast" message keeps floating up onscreen during an experience.

Please, please, please give us an option to disable this.

57 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Headstrap redesign for more comfort like Rift-S or Vive Deluxe Audio

A lot of people have found that the stock Quest headstrap is very uncomfortable after wearing it for a period of time. For some this is as short as 20 minutes. This discomfort can appear as pressure in the cheeks, along the forehead and even pain in the back of the head and neck.

An official strap redesign is needed for Quest to make it more comfortable to wear. Current suggestions / mods on Reddit include better weight distribution by placing a weight on the back or putting additional straps over the top of the Quest to make it sit…

110 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add several Savegame Slots to each Game as a Standard

Having several Family Members it would be a good improve to add a Oculus Developer Policy to add several Savegame Slots to each Game.

Currently this is not common and i am sure this Feature being added as a Standard would make Quest / Go / Rift so much better for everyone to enjoy the Gaming Experience.

342 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Indie section.

Really could use something like an Indie section. What if something like Pavlov VR wasn't approved? I wouldn't be able to experience something that fun unless I sideloaded? Please let the ideas flow!

271 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Larger maximum playspace size

I just tried setting up Quest in my backyard, and having a massive playspace with no wires is amazing! Unfortunately I'm only able to use about half of my backyard because Quest won't let me draw a larger boundary than that, and I don't really want to turn off Guardian entirely for fear of running into things.

Please increase the maximum Guardian size so I can make better use of this larger space.

291 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow us to bring up the virtual keyboard in the browser

Since Plex has said they won't make an app for the Quest, we need to utilize the browser to watch items on plex media server. Logging in to that server requires a PIN entry. However the browser doesn't see it as a text entry, so doesn't bring up the keyboard for you to enter the pin. I see no way to manually bring up the keyboard.
    While I use plex as an example, it's not the only site I've run in to with this issue.

294 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  First Party Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add ceiling guardian option

I’d like to be able to mark the ceiling of my guardian due to low ceilings/ hanging obstacles/

248 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. We want pavlov vr to Quest!

Pavlov dev has said that oculus are not wanting to get his great game to Quest.

I think Oculus should do everything they can to get this must have game to Quest!

229 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Enable true update on demand for quest and desktop releases. Stop forcing users to wait for stated rollouts that take too long.

Adding an update button that still will not work until your device is added to the staggered rollout is pointless. Please make Quest and PC updates available to those that want to actively update immediate. Don't make us wait until our device is added to the deployment.

Staged rollouts for those that do not want to actively update are fine. But give us the power to update on the day software releases if we want to.

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Detect people/pets that wander inside the Guardian radius

I have a cat and small children. Sometimes when I'm playing they will wander into the area and, of course, I can't see or hear them. They're not able to understand this so collisions could occur. Please build a feature to detect interlopers and warn the user.

228 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Sell VR hygene accessories as official kit

I had no idea just how energetic 6DOF VR actually gets, leading to a side effect; perspiration. If we are going to be showing our friends and colleagues these devices, it would be great to have some machine washable covers for the facial interface.

I am aware that there are third parties who make these products, however they appear to be selling in US dollars and they do not officially support shipping in Europe, which means lots of import taxes.

You guys have worldwide distribution, any chance you could sell (or resell) these?

253 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Add a possibility to Store / Backup Savegame Data using either USB Cable on PC/Mac or a Cloud / E-Mail Solution

It is currently not possible to secure Oculus Quest Savegame Data.

This means, that after a factory Reset all your Game Data is lost.

Great would be a Menu which lets you select the Games to Save / Backup its Data in a Database export.

The Database then could be stored locally and able to be transfered to

• a PC / Mac using USB Cable

• Cloud upload

243 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Let us change the resolution permanently. (Supersampling)

There are different tools out there, that let you change the resolution of the Quest. (1.5x, 2x, 2.5x, 3x of the original resolution). That uses more battery but most of the games still run without frame drops on 2x and it looks absolutely stunning and way better than on the original resolution.
    It would be awesome if there would be an option to choose between "better resolution" and "better battery lifetime".

208 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Fix microphone for Oculus Link

It works perfectly on the Quest. it works perfectly on the Rift S and buying a separate mic is not an option. It's such a huge aspect of all VR multiplayer games.
    Please.

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. An off-by-default section of the store for "Experimental Apps" with less strict curation

While I completely understand Oculus' desire to avoid shovelware and low-quality experiences in the Oculus Quest store, there are a lot of less polished experiences which, while they may not live up to Oculus' strict quality standards, are nonetheless interesting enough to me that I'd still like the option of purchasing them on Quest.

As a compromise, I'd like to propose a section for "Experimental Apps" in the Oculus Quest store. The section could be hidden by default and only shown to users who acknowledge that apps found there are experimental and don't necessarily represent the best that Quest has…

197 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base