Oculus Quest

Welcome to the Oculus Quest feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Quest platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Quest platform.
  • Core Software / Guardian: All Oculus Quest main menu, navigation, Guardian, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Oculus TV.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest!    
  1. Amaze App on Quest

I have been waiting for an app called Amaze on the Oculus Quest. I have it for the Rift and Go, but have more or less retired those devices. Amaze is a great app for when I just want to sit down and be entertained, but yet maintain some level of interaction. I love that the content is more adult themed with some good scares and laughs throughout. I enjoy watching the movies and seeing the different outcomes based on my choices. They have been releasing some content I would like to get, but I refuse to buy it on…

107 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

26 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Bring back old controller battery meter

The new colored battery meters are a distraction and harder to notice when battery is low. The colors on a primarily white text menu is distracting. Perhaps bring back the numbers and have them change colors when low.

187 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Headstrap redesign for more comfort like Rift-S or Vive Deluxe Audio

A lot of people have found that the stock Quest headstrap is very uncomfortable after wearing it for a period of time. For some this is as short as 20 minutes. This discomfort can appear as pressure in the cheeks, along the forehead and even pain in the back of the head and neck.

An official strap redesign is needed for Quest to make it more comfortable to wear. Current suggestions / mods on Reddit include better weight distribution by placing a weight on the back or putting additional straps over the top of the Quest to make it sit…

153 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Smart TV apps for casting directly to a TV

Currently casting to a TV requires a Chromecast. It would be great if there were Oculus apps for Roku, Amazon Fire Stick, etc to make it easier to cast to a TV

475 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Companion App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Don't show Rift footage on Quest game trailers

Gameplay trailers should look the same as what you're gonna get, using Rift games footage is fooling people...

428 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Enable true update on demand for quest and desktop releases. Stop forcing users to wait for stated rollouts that take too long.

Adding an update button that still will not work until your device is added to the staggered rollout is pointless. Please make Quest and PC updates available to those that want to actively update immediate. Don't make us wait until our device is added to the deployment.

Staged rollouts for those that do not want to actively update are fine. But give us the power to update on the day software releases if we want to.

67 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Replace current keyboard with a touch screen keyboard

Replace the current cursor-based keyboard with a touch screen style keyboard you can use with your pointer fingers.

45 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Show logged hours of gameplay next to reviews

For more transparency about the opinions people read before making a purchase in the Oculus Store, display the total amount of time a reviewer has spent in a game at the time they post the review.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Family accounts

I need multiple accounts on same device. kids have to play on my avatar, losing progress I made in shadow point. very annoying. None of us can keep progress we make in our fav games.

95 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Companion App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Bring native social features (Rooms, Venues) to Quest

The Quest does not have any native social features.

The Go has Rooms and Venues, and the Rift (S) has Home. We have to rely on third-party apps to hang out with friends even though Facebook owns Oculus.

Bring Oculus Rooms and Oculus Venues to the Quest!

407 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  First Party Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Good news! Venues launched on Oculus Quest last month! Keep an eye on the Oculus blog (oculus.com/blog) for announcements about upcoming Venues events. I’m marking this idea as ‘Started’ since there are additional asks listed here. See you all in Venues on Quest!

11. Add several Savegame Slots to each Game as a Standard

Having several Family Members it would be a good improve to add a Oculus Developer Policy to add several Savegame Slots to each Game.

Currently this is not common and i am sure this Feature being added as a Standard would make Quest / Go / Rift so much better for everyone to enjoy the Gaming Experience.

383 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Don’t allow reviews until the user has played at least an hour and a half

Reviews are garbage. There needs to be more options and restrictions to make them less garbage.

Don’t allow users to post reviews until they’ve played at least an hour and a half of the game. This time restriction would allow people to post reviews and return the game but also give users enough time to judge, at the very least, the initial chapters of the game. It’s not helpful for people to post reviews that say “five stars, I’ll update when I play the game”.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Companion App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Detect people/pets that wander inside the Guardian radius

I have a cat and small children. Sometimes when I'm playing they will wander into the area and, of course, I can't see or hear them. They're not able to understand this so collisions could occur. Please build a feature to detect interlopers and warn the user.

289 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Larger maximum playspace size

I just tried setting up Quest in my backyard, and having a massive playspace with no wires is amazing! Unfortunately I'm only able to use about half of my backyard because Quest won't let me draw a larger boundary than that, and I don't really want to turn off Guardian entirely for fear of running into things.

Please increase the maximum Guardian size so I can make better use of this larger space.

331 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add ceiling guardian option

I’d like to be able to mark the ceiling of my guardian due to low ceilings/ hanging obstacles/

299 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Indie section.

Really could use something like an Indie section. What if something like Pavlov VR wasn't approved? I wouldn't be able to experience something that fun unless I sideloaded? Please let the ideas flow!

296 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Offer trade in of old Quest devices when new versions are released

For environmental reasons, there should be a trade in program in place when the next generation of Quest launches, so that one can send in their old Quest and get a discount for the new model. Especially since the device will effectively be useless when the battery dies, since this battery is not user replacable.

The Quest can then be refurbished and sold at a lower price, widening the potential audience for VR.

122 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. We want pavlov vr to Quest!

Pavlov dev has said that oculus are not wanting to get his great game to Quest.

I think Oculus should do everything they can to get this must have game to Quest!

268 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Fix microphone for Oculus Link

It works perfectly on the Quest. it works perfectly on the Rift S and buying a separate mic is not an option. It's such a huge aspect of all VR multiplayer games.
    Please.

57 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Allow us to bring up the virtual keyboard in the browser

Since Plex has said they won't make an app for the Quest, we need to utilize the browser to watch items on plex media server. Logging in to that server requires a PIN entry. However the browser doesn't see it as a text entry, so doesn't bring up the keyboard for you to enter the pin. I see no way to manually bring up the keyboard.
    While I use plex as an example, it's not the only site I've run in to with this issue.

314 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  First Party Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base