Oculus Quest

Welcome to the Oculus Quest feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Quest platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Quest platform.
  • Core Software / Guardian: All Oculus Quest main menu, navigation, Guardian, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Oculus TV.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest!    
  1. Allow us to gift games to our friends!

It would be great to do exactly 2 things:
    - View friend's wishlists.
    - Buy games for my friends!

I just want to grant wishes man! C'mon. Take my money.

K. Thx. Bai!

212 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Bring back old controller battery meter

The new colored battery meters are a distraction and harder to notice when battery is low. The colors on a primarily white text menu is distracting. Perhaps bring back the numbers and have them change colors when low.

65 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Larger maximum playspace size

I just tried setting up Quest in my backyard, and having a massive playspace with no wires is amazing! Unfortunately I'm only able to use about half of my backyard because Quest won't let me draw a larger boundary than that, and I don't really want to turn off Guardian entirely for fear of running into things.

Please increase the maximum Guardian size so I can make better use of this larger space.

196 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Sell VR hygene accessories as official kit

I had no idea just how energetic 6DOF VR actually gets, leading to a side effect; perspiration. If we are going to be showing our friends and colleagues these devices, it would be great to have some machine washable covers for the facial interface.

I am aware that there are third parties who make these products, however they appear to be selling in US dollars and they do not officially support shipping in Europe, which means lots of import taxes.

You guys have worldwide distribution, any chance you could sell (or resell) these?

169 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add a possibility to Store / Backup Savegame Data using either USB Cable on PC/Mac or a Cloud / E-Mail Solution

It is currently not possible to secure Oculus Quest Savegame Data.

This means, that after a factory Reset all your Game Data is lost.

Great would be a Menu which lets you select the Games to Save / Backup its Data in a Database export.

The Database then could be stored locally and able to be transfered to

- a PC / Mac using USB Cable
    - Cloud upload

168 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. An off-by-default section of the store for "Experimental Apps" with less strict curation

While I completely understand Oculus' desire to avoid shovelware and low-quality experiences in the Oculus Quest store, there are a lot of less polished experiences which, while they may not live up to Oculus' strict quality standards, are nonetheless interesting enough to me that I'd still like the option of purchasing them on Quest.

As a compromise, I'd like to propose a section for "Experimental Apps" in the Oculus Quest store. The section could be hidden by default and only shown to users who acknowledge that apps found there are experimental and don't necessarily represent the best that Quest has…

139 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. We want pavlov vr to Quest!

Pavlov dev has said that oculus are not wanting to get his great game to Quest.

I think Oculus should do everything they can to get this must have game to Quest!

129 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Cross Buy for Quest and Go

Some title (where 6 degrees of freedom don't matter), why isn't there cross buy between Go titles and Quest titles?!?

146 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add cut and paste

Not sure why this wasn’t implemented yet

149 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add ceiling guardian option

I’d like to be able to mark the ceiling of my guardian due to low ceilings/ hanging obstacles/

132 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. AppleTV Oculus app

I like the way team Oculus handled the store. I’d love to see an AppleTV app similar to the one on my phone. Browsing on the TV would be a nice experience. Casting to the AppleTV would be even better!

Would this be difficult to do since the iOS app already exists?

144 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Companion App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Over-ear headphones

Clip on over-ear headphones, similar to the Rift's.

146 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Give the ability to name your headset

Will be helpful for organization and casting a headset when you have multiple but don’t know the codes by heart. I’ve provided an image for what it can look like with the rename ability.

58 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Companion App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add SoundscapeVR

Add SoundscapeVR to the store. The Quest has no similar apps, and it being free is a bad excuse to deny it when there are other free apps on the Quest store.

Please allow SoundscapeVR to be released on the Quest.

115 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Let us change the resolution permanently. (Supersampling)

There are different tools out there, that let you change the resolution of the Quest. (1.5x, 2x, 2.5x, 3x of the original resolution). That uses more battery but most of the games still run without frame drops on 2x and it looks absolutely stunning and way better than on the original resolution.
    It would be awesome if there would be an option to choose between "better resolution" and "better battery lifetime".

115 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Approve To The Top for the Quest

This is a great game that should be brought to the Quest.

111 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 114 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow to adjust time/timezone without having to factory reset

Currently, when the Oculus Quest system clock is false (maybe it identified the wrong timezone at initial setup; the phone had a wrong clock at setup, you changed your location where there is a different local time, and probably when daylight savings time changes (to be seen)), there is no way other then a factory reset to get the system clock of the quest right again. At factory reset the phone time gets synced with the Quest apparently.

Either add a setting within the Oculus Quest home environment, to change and set the current timezone and sync the time with…

77 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Community Lab for non approved apps for Oculus Quest.

Why not Create "Community Lab" for non approved apps for Oculus Quest similar to whats in VRChat. This would allow users to work directly with developers with the understanding it could be buggy or have issues. This would also allow users to play non approved games by Oculus. There are too many great games being shot down by Oculus.

92 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add high refresh rate mode Quest during PC Link

As John Carmack accidentally said during the keynote, the oculus quest is actually able to run 90 hz content, but it was decided not to enable this on oculus quest games for a variety of reasons.

But when connected to a PC, these reasons largely don't apply and this would be a huge comfort improvement. I understand this would require the headset to be re certified by the FCC, but I expect that you will see a lot more users using this feature if it provides as smooth of an experience as the oculus rift.

Enable 90 hz, or at…

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base