Oculus Quest

Welcome to the Oculus Quest feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Quest platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Quest platform.
  • Core Software / Guardian: All Oculus Quest main menu, navigation, Guardian, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Oculus TV.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest!    
  1. Cast 3rd camera to PC, a variant of the existing Mixed Reality capture for OBS

Oculus recently posted an OBS Plugin and Android app that will sync a real camera position with the game scene, and then the Quest creates a 3rd camera. It sends 2 layers of visual information to the OBS plugin, being in front of & behind the player, which OBS then composits with the real player on a green screen, to make it look like the player is in the world.

As a developer, I'd like the ability to use a similar system to send that 3rd camera to the PC as a normal scene view - no OBS or real…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Fix issues with party chat audio

Every time I am in the Quest party chat the audio crackles for everyone involved. I don't know if it has started with the latest update as it's only just started from around the 21st of June. It's much worse when there are more than 2 people in the party.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Guest user attached to single profile so that local Crossplay is possible on one account.

Many traditional PC games allow guest accounts so that many people can play a single game on one account. As it stands, in order to currently do that between the Rift and Quest, one would need to set up two profiles and buy each game twice. There should be a guest account feature that allows a guest to temporarily join a profile if they are on the same local WiFi (for example). Creating this feature, would then allow game developers to implement the guest into a single game. I believe this would increase the amount of Quest sales as many…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. SMAA before downsampling, then super sampled SMAA. Maybe need Vulkan

Thinking about post process filters only works on final image withouth downsampling benefits.

Could it give better quality than MSAA x4 and filter alpha textures?

Would be about x3 faster than MSAA x4 i think

Fast combo with sharpen filter before downsampling too

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Universal sharpen filter in home settings menu

Some people prefers to have sharpened image.
    In some films film grain could be ugly, but in vr desktop style apps could improve streamed texts.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. You should try to add more games and focuses on making better wireless headsets like this

The quest and go are amazing but the quest doesn’t have very many games but the go doesn’t have very fun games like on the quest but if they could sorta combine the two into one light headset I would spend any amount on it

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. RecRoom help does not work

In my "dorm" room I move to the three green buttons on the wall. I press the one labeled "help". I get a pop up with text like "Web browsing is not supported at this time"

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  First Party Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. lorem ipsum text shows when accepting a friend request

My Oculus account is not linked to FB. My friend's account is. When I went to accept a friend request from him the black background pop up had Lorem Ipsum text in it. Seems like that's a bug.
    Jim

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. How about a decent customer support channel?!? My app and a Oculus is garbage! I can’t check **** on the app. And you guys are elusive to co

How about a decent customer support channel?!? My app and a Oculus is garbage! I can’t check **** on the app. And you guys are elusive to contact!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Climbey

Come on, get the Rift ready Climbey game into Quest...with custom maps there is endless replayability, something most current apps are lacking

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Slack

Slack. How about adding Slack so that I get little pop ups when I'm in VR and get a new Slack alert?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Video out of sync with sound on video playback

A software fix for the sound being out of sync on a video that has been recorded on the quest

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Silent Android notifications

On the Android app, I'm perfectly happy to let you upsell me!! What I'm *not* ok with is getting woken up by audible notifications *at midnight* (this has happened). Please give us an option for having the Android notifications be silent!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Companion App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. To fix new bug just discovered for snapdragon 835

Or to launch new Quest model with no pentile (please never more pentile)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Switch controller support

It would be nice to be able to use a Nintendo Switch Pro Controller as a gamepad

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Release Dead and Buried I

Got my first Rift in April and bought the Quest when released. Never played before though I bought a Xbxo One X which is never used. Since then, 5 of my friends have bought the Rift S or Quest, just by trying mine. One thing we miss though is Dead and Buried I for the Quest. D&B II is fine, but it would be awesome if you would ever consider selling D&B I for the Quest.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. View orientation positioning

When facing the guardian limit and still having to go straight in a game I have to trick by physically overturning myself (VR & IRL) and in the mean time use the thumbstick to virtually overturn again (VR only) so that I can walk straight again and remain in my guardian area.

It would be more efficient to be able to temporarily fix the virtual orientation while I am physically reorienting in my playing area in a fast maner (I.e by simply pressing a combination of buttons)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Displacement calibration

When playing a roomscale game I often feel limited by the guardian area size - even when set up to max size - so that I have to trick by using the thumbstick to move over the last meters to reach my target.

It would be useful if we could set the displacement calibration to our taste so that 1 step IRL provides 2 steps in VR.

This would also be useful for some games where I feel like I'm not walking as fast in game as I actually do IRL

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Polygon modeler

I know oculus said that due to tech difficulties there will probably be no Medium or Quill for the Quest since they need too many polygons and other brute force aspects that the humble Quest don't have.

But one thing I'm surprised that noone has really done is a straight up polygon modeling app. Put down vertices. connect them to form connected triangles. Build a useable model triangle by triangle that can then be exported as a very light weight OBJ. By it's basic nature the results will be low poly (because each polygon has to be hand created) and…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  First Party Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Web Bluetooth support for Oculus Browser

I would like web Bluetooth support for Oculus Browser. If you combine it with WEB VR/XR, you can easily create expandable content. For example, VR cycling with a cycling sensor or a new VR with a GoCube (Smart Rubik's Cube) are endless possibilities. Oculus Browser is based on Chromium, and Chrome installed with APK has web Bluetooth enabled, so I don't think it's hard to enable the feature.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base