Oculus Quest

Welcome to the Oculus Quest feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Quest platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Quest platform.
  • Core Software / Guardian: All Oculus Quest main menu, navigation, Guardian, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Oculus TV.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest!    
  1. Native music app for locally stored music files

A simple music player/ streamer. I can play music on my phone while I'm web browsing or looking at photos. It would be good if I could do the same on the Quest. The app could even have a 3D visualisation mode, for when you really want to immerse yourself in the music. I'm picturing a psychedelic nightmare pulsating and transforming in time with the music.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  First Party Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add real world object tracking with QR codes when adding hand tracking! And allow games to just add the preset object similar to hands.

Add real world object tracking with QR codes when adding hand tracking! And allow games to just add the preset object similar to hands.

So I can put a QR code on my keyboard. And then when any app wants to pull up the keyboard in game, it could just see if there is a keyboard in view... and just display that object.

And if you need to fund the project, sell a coffee mug, and maybe a yeti style can cooler with QR codes printed on them.

Separate to the game, there should be a program to load the…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Alert function for moving targets within your playspace

Realized with e.g. visualizing the pointcloud of the moving object overlayed in VR.
    Configurable on/off.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add Flag as Stupid to UserVoice, or at least a downvote option

Add Flag as Stupid to UserVoice, or at least a downvote option

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow a way for people to get your attention with the companion app

It's hard for family members that have something urgent to tell you to get your attention while you're in VR, especially with full headphone/earphone on. One of the way i can think of is to let people talk to the phone's microphone, and feed the audio to the headset. To put things into perspective, my wife told me trying to get my attention when i'm playing beat saber is like reaching her hand into moving fan.

When introducing VR to friends, i would like them to have full immersive experience, that means using earphone for full audio immersion instead of…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Companion App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add a native email app or allow 3rd party email apps

Oculus should make an email app or allow third parties (Gmail, Protonmail, etc.) to add their own email apps to Oculus so that we can take care of business while in VR. This would allow for easy app password resets without having to take off the headset.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  First Party Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Better foreign language description in store

It's currently impossible to know if a game is fully translated in a foreign language (written and spoken), or limited to text only.
    For improved user satisfaction, the store shall described these as two seperate item.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Existing App Returns to Same Location

After you exit an app, such as one that is contained within the Unknown Sources section, you are returned to the Home screen.

If would be great if it returned you to the place that you started the app from.

Way it is set up currently, if I exist an unknown source app, it takes 3 clicks before I can open up another one. That frustrating and tedious when testing apps that you are developing.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Better Customer Information

I did order an Oculus Quest and did recieve an confirmation mail with my order number.
    When login into my account on oculus.com it says that I didn't order anything.

After contacting the support, I did get the information, that there are too many oculus quest orders atm and that I'm on a waiting list and I will recieve information in the near future.

Even more than 1 week after my contact to the support, there is no information in my account.

That is really bad customer information and I'm pretty sure that it causes a lot of unnecesarry work…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add an option to activate Oculus Link without promt

Would be nice just to plug Oculus Quest to PC and have Oculus Link enabled automatically without having to wear headset, find controller, press allow when prompted...
    As for me, it would be cool for some special games where you setup from menus and then display actual gameplay on headset (like Assetto Corsa).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Larger apk file sizes for the Quest games

The idea is simply lifting or pushing further the Max 4gb limitation for games on the Quest to like 10gb at least.

The reasoning is simply giving developers more freedom to create better stories inside games that would immerse the player into the story better instead of shallow 4gb stuff with good graphics that literally eats up 3gb and 30 mins of gameplay.

The concern from Oculus is probably the 64gb quest users. Since I am one of them it definitely isnt. I switch 20gb 3d films on my quest left and right and install uninstall games. Not an issue…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add a "productivity" environment

An environment where you can spatially place multiple browser windows, multiple "2D" programs (word, excel, power point), video calling apps, and more
    With mouse and keyboard support, it would be like having a multiple monitor desktop setup, but at room-scale
    Even better would be with a kind of "mixed reality" experience that brings the furniture, like the table, and the physical keyboard in VR, with hand tracking to facilitata typing

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Watch 3D DVD / Blu-Ray disk movies from PC

I can pop a DVD or Blu-Ray movie in my PlayStation and watch it on TV. I'd like to be able to pop one into my PC (on the local area network) and watch it on the Quest. ESPECIALLY 3D movies. The 3D format, which failed on TVs, is much more compelling on and a natural fit for VR.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Eliminate HUGE LOST INTERNET CONNECTION NOTIFICATION

Sometimes while playing BoxVR or Beatsaver I lose internet connection for a few seconds, this huge box pops up, making it impossible to play, blocking my field of view saying "LOST INTERNET CONNECTION"

Can this be much smaller, and pop up in the upper right "corner" of the screen, instead of mack in the middle covering 50% of the play area?

Thanks Oculus Team!

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. add suport for insta360 evo camera and 3d photos to the oculus quest right now!

without support for this kind of media I cannot recommend the quest anymore.
    Only an idiot could have decided that the quest shouldn't support this camera or easily show 3d photos

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Anti theft protection

I would like to see some sort of anti theft protection on the device, like you get on phones or, gasp, Apple products.

I can imagine someone getting mugged for their device, whether they're using it outside or transporting it.

I'd like to see measures in place like find my phone (quest), remote wiping or whatever else can be done to help someone protect their device and have the best chance of recovering it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Setting to Auto connect to preferred cast device (casting often stops when headset is swapped players)

Have an option in settings to have the quest automatically start casting to your last/favourite cast device.
    Casting often stops when we swap players and it can be a nightmare having to tell each person how to start casting.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Racing

When I was on the app I was looking at the games for rift s and I saw that the rift s had so many racing games I think that the quest should have those racing gamed

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 3 Ideas

1. The ability to change your oculus profile picture on oculus quest.

2. Games like Fallout 4 VR and Skyrim VR to be ported to the quest

3. Minecraft VR to be ported to the quest

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base