Oculus Quest

Welcome to the Oculus Quest feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Quest platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Quest platform.
  • Core Software / Guardian: All Oculus Quest main menu, navigation, Guardian, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Oculus TV.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest!    
  1. Activate chromecast from Quest VR without the app

Need a way to activate chromecasting without using the mobile app directly from VR environment.

Currently to activate chromecasting requires to use the mobile app. For example if you are wearing the headset, using phone is pretty difficult. And if the app is on my mobile, then kids playing games can't activate the casting.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for voting for this idea! With the latest software update (v10), you can now start a casting session in-VR, as an alternative to using the Oculus Mobile app. To do so, select Sharing > Cast and choose the device you want to cast to. For the full list of changes included in the v10 software update, please check out the release notes: https://support.oculus.com/release-notes/

2. Touch Controller Tracking

Touch Controllers have 2 major issues ATM.
    - Close to head tracking is terrible
    - Looking straight ahead and grabbing something from your belt (magazine lets say)

Both should be fixed, as these are the 2 main immersion braking / frustrating Bugs

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Good news! As part of the build 7.0 update that began to roll out yesterday, we’ve made performance improvements to better track your Touch controller movements in VR. These updates, which are also applicable for Rift S, include the following:

- Improved tracking when controllers are close to the headset and at angles turned away from the headset.
    - Improved tracking in difficult poses such as an underhand throwing motion.
    - Reduced re-acquisition time when controller tracking is lost.
    - You can now use both of your Touch controllers at the same time when interacting with different elements such as the keyboard, Oculus Store and Library.

Full release notes can be found here: https://support.oculus.com/530422364162501/#faq_530422364162501

We hope you enjoy these improvements!

3. Golf Game

Golf really lends itself to VR, please port a good, current golf game to Quest or, more ambitiously, see if anyone at EA is interested in reviving their Tiger Woods franchise as a new VR title for Quest? C'mon...Tiger's back, baby!!

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  First Party Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for submitting and voting for this idea. Cloudlands 2 recently launched on Oculus Quest, and it adds the ability to play full sized golf courses. Hopefully this scratches the golf game itch on Quest that you’ve been feeling! If you would like a specific developer to work on a different golf game for Quest, we recommend contacting that developer directly. Marking this idea as complete.

4. Make VR a more communal experience with a streaming app

One of the problems with VR is people in the room with me can basically only view what I'm doing on facebook. Thats great but my room mates are not on my facebook and are probably not going to watch my facebook stream. If I could stream it to my TV though they could watch what I'm doing and get involved as I'm playing it. My friends and anyone who happens to walk in and see me playing should have an immediately clear idea of what this amazing experience that I'm having is and how to do it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Companion App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Guardian: allow adjusting only the floor level without redrawing the boundary

Sometimes the floor level is a few inches off and I want to fix it, but it's a pain to redraw the entire boundary just for that. Would be nice to be able to adjust only the floor level. Rift already has this feature I believe.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Ability to Mute Mic

Please add a way to mute the mic on Oculus Quest I've been searching for the last 30 mins and can't seen to find any way of doing so. I have loud family members in the house and don't feel like bothering others with the sound.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there – it is possible to mute your mic on Quest. While in VR, if you head to Settings > See All > Device, there is a microphone option. This allows you to toggle the mic on and off. Hope this helps!

2 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base