Oculus Quest

Welcome to the Oculus Quest feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Quest platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Quest platform.
  • Core Software / Guardian: All Oculus Quest main menu, navigation, Guardian, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Oculus TV.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest!    
  1. Bring native social features (Rooms, Venues) to Quest

The Quest does not have any native social features.

The Go has Rooms and Venues, and the Rift (S) has Home. We have to rely on third-party apps to hang out with friends even though Facebook owns Oculus.

Bring Oculus Rooms and Oculus Venues to the Quest!

290 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

10 comments  ·  First Party Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Good news! Venues launched on Oculus Quest last month! Keep an eye on the Oculus blog (oculus.com/blog) for announcements about upcoming Venues events. I’m marking this idea as ‘Started’ since there are additional asks listed here. See you all in Venues on Quest!

2. Add Minecraft to the Quest.

The Quest is an incredible system, but all the games on there seem to be limited. SuperHot is awesome but only has certain levels to play. BeatSaber is cool but arms get tired after a bit. Minecraft, however, has unlimited possibilities. The only time you get bored is when you can no longer think of what to do. I think it would add a certain re-playability to the Quest. Of course, the Quest is brand-new, and new games will be added soon, but I think that the console could really benefit from something like this.

259 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Ability to wirelessly transfer media to the Quest

It would be great to be able to copy movies, photos, 360's etc wirelessly to the Quest so you don't have to plug in the cable.

289 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Have Cross Buy displayed in the store!

I would purchase a title that has cross buy WAY over ones that doesn't. It stinks that you have to guess if a title will show up on all my devices.

Have cross buy (for those with multiple devices) show up in the store and when you search for titles.

Thanks

289 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. When Casting to a phone, let us use the touch screen as a pointer or controller to help the Quest Guest understand

It would be much easier to see and click for the Quest Guest than to try to describe what we want him to do.

253 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Companion App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 220 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Ability to Switch Oculus Accounts Without a Factory Reset

The only way to switch Oculus accounts on the Quest is to perform a factory reset, losing all save games and downloaded games. Please provide a way to switch between accounts on the Quest without a factory reset.

I have an original Rift and a quest and would like to play online multiplayer games with family and friends. I have a decent game library on my main account. For games like Orbus or Eleven I am happy to pay for a second license to the game where 2 people will be playing at the same time. However, I would like…

211 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Phone interactions in VR

My phone is linked with bluetooth already, it should be able to forward my notifications to some virtual display. Let me answer a call, quickreply a message or even see my whole phone screen and use my touch controllers as fingers for interacting with my phone. I'd love to be able to play Hearthstone or Clash Royale on a virtual screen!

213 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. The Insta360 App should not have been rejected on the Oculus Quest.

I am a 360 and 180 video and photo enthusiast. I recently purchased an Insta360 Evo camera and was very disappointed to find that the Insta360 App is not available on the Oculus Quest, but it is available on the Oculus Go.

The Insta360 App allows photos and videos to be viewed and uploaded wirelessly between camera and the Oculus Go headset.

See the following in depth YouTube video to see this...

https://youtu.be/nBGHA1zZ5ks

This App gives immediately feedback on what you have photographed.

I wrote to Insta360 and they told me that Oculus declined to give permission for the App…

107 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

37 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow us to bring up the virtual keyboard in the browser

Since Plex has said they won't make an app for the Quest, we need to utilize the browser to watch items on plex media server. Logging in to that server requires a PIN entry. However the browser doesn't see it as a text entry, so doesn't bring up the keyboard for you to enter the pin. I see no way to manually bring up the keyboard.
    While I use plex as an example, it's not the only site I've run in to with this issue.

201 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  First Party Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Indie section.

Really could use something like an Indie section. What if something like Pavlov VR wasn't approved? I wouldn't be able to experience something that fun unless I sideloaded? Please let the ideas flow!

167 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. More payment methods and features - gift card, etc..

My prefered way to make game purchases is via physical gift cards (scratch cards) that I buy at various stores to add funds to a virtual wallet that most virtual stores offer.

So far I have been able to make use of google play cards, steam gift cards, blizzard gift cards, PlayStation network cards.

Using PayPal or a Credit/Debit Card is inconvenient since if we don't have a credit/debit card or PayPal we can't purchase the games.

Even though you created an Oculus Quest which doesn't require PC or insight Track you can't really expect us to purchase the Oculus…

183 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Messaging System

We should have a method of receiving messages into the headset. I think this could be done using the Oculus app itself. Let users send each other messages. I could create an oculus account for my wife, and she could send me an oculus message directly into the headset while I’m immersed in the virtual world...in case i need to help with the real world. And of course i should be able to turn this off if i want.

167 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add more demo games

Enable developers to easily provide demos of their apps. It’s a great way to try a game before you buy.

146 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Fix the 'Crash to Home' bug- Any app (all app) screen turn black, Guardian wall appear and app crash to home. Fix?

Fix the 'Crash to Home' bug- Any app (all app) screen turn black, Guardian wall appear and app crash to home. Fix?

65 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Don't show Rift footage on Quest game trailers

Gameplay trailers should look the same as what you're gonna get, using Rift games footage is fooling people...

141 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Add several Savegame Slots to each Game as a Standard

Having several Family Members it would be a good improve to add a Oculus Developer Policy to add several Savegame Slots to each Game.

Currently this is not common and i am sure this Feature being added as a Standard would make Quest / Go / Rift so much better for everyone to enjoy the Gaming Experience.

149 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Partner with Alta VR Studios to bring A Township Tale to the Quest.

If Oculus partners up with Alta VR Studios and port A Township Tale to the Oculus Quest. Of course, the graphics would have to be lowered a bit (I think), but even then I think it would become a HUGE success, I've heard alot of people tell me they're sad that A Township Tale isn't on the Oculus Quest, and that they don't have a good enough PC to stream it via ALVR/other means of streaming. If you make this happen, I think the sales of the Quest would go up, and you would get a lot of happy fans.…

79 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  First Party Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Allow us to gift games to our friends!

It would be great to do exactly 2 things:
    - View friend's wishlists.
    - Buy games for my friends!

I just want to grant wishes man! C'mon. Take my money.

K. Thx. Bai!

142 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Larger maximum playspace size

I just tried setting up Quest in my backyard, and having a massive playspace with no wires is amazing! Unfortunately I'm only able to use about half of my backyard because Quest won't let me draw a larger boundary than that, and I don't really want to turn off Guardian entirely for fear of running into things.

Please increase the maximum Guardian size so I can make better use of this larger space.

139 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base