Oculus Quest

Welcome to the Oculus Quest feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Quest platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Quest platform.
  • Core Software / Guardian: All Oculus Quest main menu, navigation, Guardian, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Oculus TV.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest!    
  1. Mirror audio when casting to phones

Though you can sort of hear audio through the speakers on the headset itself, it'd be far better for spectators if you could hear audio through the phone too, especially when the person using the headset is wearing headphones.

1,380 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

13 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add Minecraft to the Quest.

The Quest is an incredible system, but all the games on there seem to be limited. SuperHot is awesome but only has certain levels to play. BeatSaber is cool but arms get tired after a bit. Minecraft, however, has unlimited possibilities. The only time you get bored is when you can no longer think of what to do. I think it would add a certain re-playability to the Quest. Of course, the Quest is brand-new, and new games will be added soon, but I think that the console could really benefit from something like this.

1,189 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1,116 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

61 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow the IPD size overlay to be disabled

Sometimes a slight movement of the head can be enough to move the lenses slightly, I am unsure of what causes this, could be the bridge of my nose pressing upward, could be a wobbly IPD slider, either way it becomes a source of annoyance when the IPD "toast" message keeps floating up onscreen during an experience.

Please, please, please give us an option to disable this.

159 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

35 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Ability to Cast unknown sources

Casting everything in the headset is crucial for guiding and sharing experiences in VR. Please support casting projects from unknown sources. This is helpful for devs, tinkerers, and folks who want to experiment with VR but aren't ready or don't want to monetize their projects and submit to the Oculus Store.

946 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Companion App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add high refresh rate mode Quest during PC Link

As John Carmack accidentally said during the keynote, the oculus quest is actually able to run 90 hz content, but it was decided not to enable this on oculus quest games for a variety of reasons.

But when connected to a PC, these reasons largely don't apply and this would be a huge comfort improvement. I understand this would require the headset to be re certified by the FCC, but I expect that you will see a lot more users using this feature if it provides as smooth of an experience as the oculus rift.

Enable 90 hz, or at…

393 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Show logged hours of gameplay next to reviews

For more transparency about the opinions people read before making a purchase in the Oculus Store, display the total amount of time a reviewer has spent in a game at the time they post the review.

52 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Don’t allow reviews until the user has played at least an hour and a half

Reviews are garbage. There needs to be more options and restrictions to make them less garbage.

Don’t allow users to post reviews until they’ve played at least an hour and a half of the game. This time restriction would allow people to post reviews and return the game but also give users enough time to judge, at the very least, the initial chapters of the game. It’s not helpful for people to post reviews that say “five stars, I’ll update when I play the game”.

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Companion App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Official Oculus Quest PCVR streaming

Official Quest PCVR streaming app. Allowing Quest users to use the Quest for PCVR gaming on the Oculus Store and Steam VR.

861 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Have Cross Buy displayed in the store!

I would purchase a title that has cross buy WAY over ones that doesn't. It stinks that you have to guess if a title will show up on all my devices.

Have cross buy (for those with multiple devices) show up in the store and when you search for titles.

Thanks

852 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow us to gift games to our friends!

It would be great to do exactly 2 things:
    - View friend's wishlists.
    - Buy games for my friends!

I just want to grant wishes man! C'mon. Take my money.

K. Thx. Bai!

793 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Phone interactions in VR

My phone is linked with bluetooth already, it should be able to forward my notifications to some virtual display. Let me answer a call, quickreply a message or even see my whole phone screen and use my touch controllers as fingers for interacting with my phone. I'd love to be able to play Hearthstone or Clash Royale on a virtual screen!

753 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Bring catan to the Quest

Please bring Catan to the oculus quest Either through Go backwards compatibility or through a port

174 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. The Insta360 App should not have been rejected on the Oculus Quest.

I am a 360 and 180 video and photo enthusiast. I recently purchased an Insta360 Evo camera and was very disappointed to find that the Insta360 App is not available on the Oculus Quest, but it is available on the Oculus Go.

The Insta360 App allows photos and videos to be viewed and uploaded wirelessly between camera and the Oculus Go headset.

See the following in depth YouTube video to see this...

https://youtu.be/nBGHA1zZ5ks

This App gives immediately feedback on what you have photographed.

I wrote to Insta360 and they told me that Oculus declined to give permission for the App…

387 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

103 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Offline downloads for YouTube, Prime Video, Netflix, Hulu, etc.

Work with app partners to encourage support for the same download functionality that is available on mobile platforms. The ability to download content for offline viewing, on apps like YouTube, Prime Video, Netflix, Hulu, and others would be an absolute game changer.

264 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Ability to chante the 6 Quick Start App Buttons in the new V15 UI

Please let us change the 6 Quick Start App Buttons in the new V15 UI with our own Favorite games/apps or at least with the most used apps / games

66 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Ability to Switch Oculus Accounts Without a Factory Reset

The only way to switch Oculus accounts on the Quest is to perform a factory reset, losing all save games and downloaded games. Please provide a way to switch between accounts on the Quest without a factory reset.

I have an original Rift and a quest and would like to play online multiplayer games with family and friends. I have a decent game library on my main account. For games like Orbus or Eleven I am happy to pay for a second license to the game where 2 people will be playing at the same time. However, I would like…

679 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Give the ability to name your headset

Will be helpful for organization and casting a headset when you have multiple but don’t know the codes by heart. I’ve provided an image for what it can look like with the rename ability.

278 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Companion App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. v10 boot sound is too loud.

The new sound added in v10 upon initially turning on the Quest is much too loud in comparison to the lovely melody that plays when the OS begins to load.

If I have the headset on when powered off, the sound is loud enough to hurt my ears.

Please change this to a tone that resembles the OS loading melody or lessen it's volume by half or more.

Thank you.

198 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. When Casting to a phone, let us use the touch screen as a pointer or controller to help the Quest Guest understand

It would be much easier to see and click for the Quest Guest than to try to describe what we want him to do.

634 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Companion App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base