Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Welcome to the Oculus Quest feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Quest platform.We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Quest platform.
  • Core Software / Guardian: All Oculus Quest main menu, navigation, Guardian, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Oculus TV.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest!    
  1. make a game like Pokemon go for instance. using the outside camera used when setting up the guardian. except for a game you can walk around

make a game using the gurdian set up camera. you could walk around the neighborhood, house ,yard whatever. and Cath Pokemon, kill zombies, build. you would see everytihing while game objects would also pop up. I don't know how this isn't already a thing. Pokemon go would be great starting point

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Tracking should stop turning on when set to off. User should have explicit control over tracking . Add modal tracking button for off.

Allow users to explicitly control tracking mode. You have button for standing or room scale. Add turn off tracking button on bar with the other modes.

Don't attempt to re-establish any tracking when the user has turned it off. If I want to read in bed at night I don't want it to attempt to establish tracking. Nor should dark users like me need to go into a setting menu to turn tracking off. Make dark mode a true mode. I use the quest in dark 3DOF mode 50% of the time I use the quest. It needs to as…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Avatar / profile pic improvement

What is the purpose of creating/changing an avatar in the Quest headset using these instructions

[To create an avatar using your Oculus Quest, Go or Samsung Gear VR:

Put on your Oculus Go or Gear VR headset.

Select People from the navigation menu, then select Profile...[

if it shows up nowhere? Could there be a way to change the profile pic at least from the Android Oculus app? I really hate the lady bug ;-)... Thx.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Intelligent passthrough for family safety

It would be nice to know if family members (pets and kids) get into your play area. There is a risk of sending someone to the ER when playing box vr for example. Warning about moving living objects in the near distance(when playing) would make me feel more at ease when swinging.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Oculus home movie room

I have noticed that the native Oculus "virtual desktop" in the home environment is really nice and crisp picture wise when watching movies. Even better than virtual desktop and a lot better than bigscreen beta (especially when using oculus link).

I would like to have a movie watching room in the oculus home environment, because the picture seems much better in the home app than when using third party apps.
    The oculus home native virtual desktop is greatly lacking because of all the light, furniture, wrong angles and no way of configuring the screen (distance, size etc).

So yes. A…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  First Party Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow wishlisting in the Oculus App

I like browsing the store on my phone when I have time to kill and it would be very useful, especially later, to be able to wishlist on the app rather than having to find the apps in the headset before being able to wishlist them.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Stationary Mode with Rotatable View From Controllers

If you're sitting or laying down, there should be a way to rotate the view in any game or app from the controllers without moving your head at all. This plus an on the fly height adjustment would allow people to use the headset with limited movement.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add flimware updater to Qest

Software update to update flimware on quest/go everyone wants this

Please add it

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Web Bluetooth support for Oculus Browser

I would like web Bluetooth support for Oculus Browser. If you combine it with WEB VR/XR, you can easily create expandable content. For example, VR cycling with a cycling sensor or a new VR with a GoCube (Smart Rubik's Cube) are endless possibilities. Oculus Browser is based on Chromium, and Chrome installed with APK has web Bluetooth enabled, so I don't think it's hard to enable the feature.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Give us more free

There should be more free options of games for people who already had a hard time buying the system

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Options to disable ambient sound while watching 2d/3d in the gallery and to dim the lights.

Because hearing ambient noise during quiet scenes breaks immersion alot, and theres no need for the light to always stay on.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow connecting to a PC without Touch controller input

Right now the UX for connecting an Oculus Quest to a PC for file management is a bit awkward. You have to plug in the Quest while you probably have the Headset off, then place the Headset on to view the permission dialog and grab a Touch Controller to click through that dialog.

Often I forget I need the controller until I'm already viewing the prompt. It would honestly be a good first step if the Headset defaulted to the old Oculus selection method of staring at a button for a while when the controllers are not in hand.

It…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Nicht Installierte Apps, die man nicht mehr benötigt, aus der Bibliothek löschen

Es wäre cool, wenn man Kostenfreie Apps aus Nicht Installiert und aus der Bibliothek entfernen könnte. Würde mich sehr freuen, wenn die Idee in die tat umgesetzt wird. Liebe Grüße an das Oculus Team!
    P.S.: freue mich schon sehr darauf, wenn meine Bestellte Quest endlich ankommt!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add sidequest to oculus browser

Add sidequest to oculus browser so we can play games on there

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Let Quest users write reviews of store items

When you buy a super buggy app (no names but it rhymes with POKERSTARS VR) it would be nice to let Quest users actually WRITE reviews and not just hand out star ratings. That way other users can find out specific issues with the apps before they buy, and developers can see what things they need to fix -- like intermittent mics working in Pokerstars and the only way to fix is restart... OR the poker stars app freezing and crashing frequently even after restarts....

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Sell and distribute more

I am from Egypt, I am a software engineer, and I own my company, I would like a lot to buy an oculus device, but can't find it in Egypt.
    Why don't you sell in Egypt as well, market has high demand on VR devices here.
    I am ready to help and be your distributor in Egypt.
    Let me know if interested.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Oculus Link Toggle

I would like to switch between quest and link (home) without unplugging and plugging in the cable when I'm attached to my PC. Would it be possible to add a button to the quest dashboard that activates Link (home) and a button on the Home dashboard to go back to my quest dashboard?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add password change notifications and handling to app and headset.

I changed my oculus account password online and then tried to use my Quest but most of the tabs weren't loading or working, including settings. After a restart of the headset the profile name/avatar had defaulted to "profile" with no option to change account and nothing would load. There was no visual notification or acknowledgement inside the headset that anything was wrong, or that there were steps needed since I'd changed my password.

I assumed this was all to do with the password change but confused there was no way to do anything about it. I remembered I had the…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 2D Pin Map for Oculus Photos

While viewing a 360 Photo in Oculus Photos I need a small 2D map overlay with pins that allow me to visually select a pin that will load the associated 360 Photo for that pin.

For example, If I have multiple photos inside a building the map would be a floor plan with pins representing photos of each location photographed.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  First Party Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base