Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Welcome to the Oculus Quest feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Quest platform.We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Quest platform.
  • Core Software / Guardian: All Oculus Quest main menu, navigation, Guardian, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Oculus TV.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest!    
  1. Help developers optimize their games!

I primarily use PCVR but I travel a lot for work so I picked up a Quest.

I find the massive amount of dropped frames on Quest to be insanely distracting. I realize AWS is computationally expensive and may never come to Quest but I think there needs to be a push for getting everything to run smoother/better optimization.

Perhaps there could be some official documentation focused on educating developers on how they can get their games to minimize missing frame rate? Maybe even a team of coders who could float around and get hands on with developers?

The amount…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Oculus quest controllers (same for rift s) are too small

The old rift touch controllers were perfect. With the new design for quest and rift s, they're too small. And it's annoying as f.

If you're not changing the child's size than at least make some sort of skin to enlarge/protect.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Universal Share button like Android on cellphone OS

The Quest OS is great! I love how simple is to navigate it. I wish it was designed with sharing options in mind, just like the OS on our cellphones. If I have an image in my Gallery app, it should be simple to just hit a button and share that image with a friend in my oculus contacts or another messaging app , or on Facebook . The same with videos, apps in the store, links to websites, etc . This will help making the Quest also a more social platform. Thanks!

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Voice control, native or via Google Assistant

Being able to run an app, change settings or even turn my lights on and off with voice control would be cool.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Make the universal menu bar customisable, like the Android notifications menu

The ability to customise the UM bar would be great. It could include favourite apps, bookmarks, and quick settings.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. When Oculus brings its social offering to VR, cross integrate it with Instagram

When Oculus brings forth its social offering that is cross-platform, it should have an interface to share posts and stories directly to Instagram rather than/or in addition to Facebook. I say this, because, Rec Room and VRchat have been the social platforms myself and many others have used. There are both large Rec Room, and VRchat communities on Instagram where people continue as their VR personas outside of the headsets. There is a lot of friction for getting posts from Rec Room, and VRchat to Instagram. If Oculus releases its own social VR offering, with low friction (hopefully sharing from…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  First Party Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Have the quest be able to connect to a computer and play games on that

On the quest you don’t have many games but if you could connect it to a computer and be able to play games on the computer in VR though you would need viruse protection

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. One Account: OAuth to give 3rd party devs access to my account

Having to sign up for an account on all these different games is really annoying, especially using the virtual keyboard and the fact that there's no password manager... both factors encouraging simple passwords.

Games should be able to use my Oculus account, and if they want a separate use store, use my Oculus account as the IDP via OAuth.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Browse all the app and add-ons from the mobile app

Why can't we get all the apps and add-ons from the mobile app? Either that or improve the search.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. rift ports

An easy way for developers to simply downgrade the graphics on their rift applications and make a quest version available, in the oculus store, maybe not even on the official quest store if you want to keep the walled-garden approach

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. BUNDLES

we need bundles for games like the rift and the go right now just feels like we miss out on all the discounts, especially considering we just gave you $400-500 for the headset

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Full Screen Game Detail/Demo Videos in store on iOS and in Quest

When browsing games in the Oculus store on my Iphone and in the Quest itself, the videos and photos should be able to go "full screen". I'd like to be able to view them larger, just like when watching a movie or viewing photos...

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Companion App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Guardian system - Retry button

My guardian is set up for IR-lighting in my playspace. It works great.

However, if I forget to turn off the room light, and turn on the IR-LED spot before I put on the Quest, the Quest doesn't recognise the playspace and prompts a guarding setup request.

Please add a retry button, to recognise the playspace once the correct lighting has been restored.

It's quite bothersome to setup the guardian over and over again, although the playspace should already been recognized and saved multiple times.

Thanks

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. protective lens

I would like Oculus to come up with an accessory to protect the lenses. A concept like this would work.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. store

Create a physically interactive storefront instead of a flat menu. You could create shelves to display games, if someone picks one up, you could have a pop-up UI show a description and video.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Universe sandbox VR to Oculus quest

If anything I would really want this game and if it does happen I will cry with happiness and Universe sandbox VR will be something I'd go back to everyday pleas try to get this on the store

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Tracking lost, prevent jumping to Oculus home

Head tracking is pretty good for the Quest, nevertheless if the tracking gets lost sometimes then the application is interrupted jumping to Oculus home - why?

It would be a much smoother experience if the applications could catch those tracking lost notifications and e.g. freeze the image until the tracking is re-established.

This hard cut makes for me no sense at all. It is both very prominent and immersion breaking.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. PCVR on the quest

Allow users to plug the quest into their pc using a usb-c cable or possibly usb-c to display port adaptor to allow them to connect their quest to the oculus pc app and play rift games using the pc’s processing power. I don’t mean streaming.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. You should make more of the oculus app on the phone.

I want to upload a profile picture on my oculus app, but can only do it from a PC? I bought a quest so I didn’t need a PC. You should make the app better for phones so we can do the same from both.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base