Oculus Quest

Welcome to the Oculus Quest feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Quest platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Quest platform.
  • Core Software / Guardian: All Oculus Quest main menu, navigation, Guardian, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Oculus TV.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest!    
  1. Compatibility with Oculus Go apps

It would be great to be able to get back into a few of my Oculus Go apps on the Quest. I personally purchased quite a few games and apps and I would be delighted to keep them all together on the higher quality Quest.

689 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

32 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Good news! This feature is now live as of the v9 software update that has rolled out this week! Check the top left corner of your library for a drop down that will allow you to view your Go / Gear VR apps and games that are compatible with Oculus Quest. Enjoy!

2. Remove prompt in headset for casting

Most of the times when I want to cast from my Quest to my phone, it is to supervise the VR experience of someone with little VR experience.

Having the prompt inside the VR headset to accept the casting becomes tricky with inexperienced users, who usually don't understand how to navigate the UI or aren't fully spatially aware -- so while they're struggling, I can't see what they see.

The phone I'm casting to is already logged into my account, why is this permission step needed? Or possibly have a setting to disable or always accept the casting via a…

381 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey everyone! As noted by a few comments below, this option was added as part of a previous software update. When you initiate casting, you will receive a pop up confirmation in VR. However, there is a option within this pop up that allows you to opt out of this notification in the future. Simply tick that box and accept the casting request. If you do this, you should not receive this confirmation dialog in future casting sessions.

Additionally, as part of the most recent v10 software update, you can now initiate casting from within VR rather than starting the casting session from your phone. While in VR, head to Sharing > Cast on the universal menu bar and select your desired device form the list. We hope this makes the casting experience easier for everyone!

3. "Night Mode" option to decrease blue light exposure

Similar to what applications like "f.lux" have been accomplishing on computers. Most modern computer operating systems (including Windows 10), Android phones, and iPhones now offer this feature natively.

Link to Apple article on it: https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT207570

Excerpt: "Night Shift automatically adjusts the colors of your display to the warmer end of the spectrum—making the display easier on your eyes.

Night Shift uses the clock and geolocation of your iOS device to determine when it’s sunset in your location. Then it automatically shifts the colors of your display to warmer colors. In the morning, it returns the display to its regular settings."

256 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for submitting and voting for this idea! We’ve added an option in the settings panel for Night Display mode as part of the 8.0 software update that began rolling out at the end of last month. This option changes your headset display to warmer colors, which may be easier on your eyes. While in VR, you can access the feature by heading to Settings > See All > Device. Enjoy!

4. Allow both pointers at the same time when entering text

Allow both pointers at the same time when entering text like steam/vive, makes it a lot quicker.

253 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for voting for this idea! As part of the July v7.0 Quest software update, we added the ability to type using both controllers at the same time. This actually extends beyond just typing on the keyboard, as you can use both controllers to interact with a variety of elements at the same time, like the store and your library. We hope you like it!

5. Make all games to be able to stream to TV without the need for the phone.

Make the Oculus stream directly to the chromecast without the need for a phone.

94 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Good news! As of the v10 software update which shipped earlier this month, you are now able to initiate a casting session from within your Quest headset directly to a Chromecast device. A phone is not needed for this casting flow. You can find the casting option in VR by navigating to Sharing > Cast on the menu bar. To review this and all changes included in the v10 software update, check out the release notes here: support.oculus.com/446100332908646

6. Please make Oculus Venues available on the Quest

One of my primary reasons for buying the Quest is to experience live concerts and sporting events. Please make Venues available on the Quest.

74 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Support for more chromecasts

There are more chromecast casting support than just chromecast gen 3 and ultra like built in tvs, gen 1&2, some players like xiaomi mi box.

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Cast DIRECTLY to Chrome cast WITHOUT going thru phone

The Oculus Quest should be able to cast DIRECTLY to a Chrome Cast ultra and not have to cast to a phone first. Right now the quest sendswifi to phone then phone sends wifi to chrome cast then chrome cast sends signal to TV. OF COURSE there is a huge delay. Cut out the phone part. You don’t have to cast directly to a tv but at LEAST cast directly to chrome cast!!!

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Good news! As of the v10 software update which shipped earlier this month, you are now able to initiate a casting session from within the headset directly to a Chromecast device. A phone is not needed for this casting flow. You can find the casting option in VR by navigating to Sharing > Cast on the menu bar. To review this and all changes included in the v10 software update, check out the release notes here: https://support.oculus.com/446100332908646/

9. Help us improve the Oculus Quest platform!

Thanks for visiting the Oculus Quest section of the Oculus UserVoice channel. We're anxious to hear all your feedback for Oculus Quest. How can we make it better for you? What features or functionality are we missing that you would love to see? How can we make an existing feature even better? Let us know my submitting your new ideas and upvoting the ideas that you think would be great additions to the Oculus Quest platform. Thanks for helping us continually improve our products!

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey everyone – I’ve noticed that some of you are submitting ideas as comments under this idea. All new ideas should be submitted as their own top level idea as that will allow other users to vote on them. I’m going to close out this idea to hopefully prevent any further ideas being submitted as comments here.

10. Touch Controller Tracking

Touch Controllers have 2 major issues ATM.
    - Close to head tracking is terrible
    - Looking straight ahead and grabbing something from your belt (magazine lets say)

Both should be fixed, as these are the 2 main immersion braking / frustrating Bugs

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Good news! As part of the build 7.0 update that began to roll out yesterday, we’ve made performance improvements to better track your Touch controller movements in VR. These updates, which are also applicable for Rift S, include the following:

- Improved tracking when controllers are close to the headset and at angles turned away from the headset.
    - Improved tracking in difficult poses such as an underhand throwing motion.
    - Reduced re-acquisition time when controller tracking is lost.
    - You can now use both of your Touch controllers at the same time when interacting with different elements such as the keyboard, Oculus Store and Library.

Full release notes can be found here: https://support.oculus.com/530422364162501/#faq_530422364162501

We hope you enjoy these improvements!

11. Ability to Mute Mic

Please add a way to mute the mic on Oculus Quest I've been searching for the last 30 mins and can't seen to find any way of doing so. I have loud family members in the house and don't feel like bothering others with the sound.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there – it is possible to mute your mic on Quest. While in VR, if you head to Settings > See All > Device, there is a microphone option. This allows you to toggle the mic on and off. Hope this helps!

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base