Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Welcome to the Oculus Quest feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Quest platform.We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Quest platform.
  • Core Software / Guardian: All Oculus Quest main menu, navigation, Guardian, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Oculus TV.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest!    
  1. a donatinon program so that oculus send there products to revewers or other people

a donation program so that oculus send there products to reviewers

this could help that don't have the money to afford the products but still have the chance to own the product

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make a website with live update rollout information

The rollout of firmware updates for the Oculus Quest is frustrating. We don't know when we will get updates and if an update is rolling out or not.

What I want is a website with the live information of the firmware update rollouts. A site where we can see in realtime which updates are live and which updates are rolling out to people. You can also include the update changelog here.

Also, maybe a notification in the Oculus app to know if you can update your headset.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Environment displacement

Sticks for to walk, button for teleport

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Do you partner with low income communities to bring technology to Public Libraries?

I work in a technology center at the Public library in a low income area and would like to speak with someone at Oculus about the possibility of creating a partnership to bring VR technology to those who cannot afford it, including patrons of all ages, school children, teens, adults and seniors of many diverse backgrounds.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Enable browsing Quest's filesystem from linked phone

You can stream to your phone but you can't download videos, screenshots, and other media from the Quest onto your phone. I realized this when I created a screencast of a bug for a dev but can't share it because I don't have a USB-C OTG cable. If one is required to access your files it should be included in the box.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. And this is why I haven't played in 2 years...

Since it has been impossible to buy an Oculus Quest without paying the gouge price of 650+USD, at LEAST create a streamlined version of the Samsung Oculus Gear.

This could be done by creating a "suggested settings" for certain applications such as "AltSpace".

For those of us without an entire room to dedicate to Oculus Rift and due to your extremely limited production...left without the option of purchasing an Oculus Quest, it would at least allow playability.

There's so much potential for additional coding and room/game development; but we can't actually get our hands on the equipment and that's a…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Personal Information should be more private

The real name attached to an account is displayed while using the headset. Anybody that can see that view can see our personal experience information. If you stream or allow someone else to use the headset, they can see it. Allow us the option to not have our real name displayed at all.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. more games to be played sitting down for people that cant stand or move around much

more games to be played sitting down for people that cant stand or move around much

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Re-enable Prompts for Casting

It's great that you can remove prompts for casting but it should be possible to re-enable these or have the option to disable casting.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Time

Build in a timer! The oculus is such an amazing experience that it’s easy to forget time. A build-in timer would be great to remind you taking breaks or stay focussed on the appoinments in the real world. Convienent methods dont work because you can’t hear or see them.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Engine plugins for performance

Unreal engine has code in GitHub.

I am thinking about a few addons that you could pot for free download for Unreal in the Epic store:

-Far NPC & their shadows at half FPS. Halo 5 does that. Also dragon of Dark souls, remember his slow shadow at 15 FPS. Some racing games does reflections at half fps and lower settings.

-¿Is obsolete to use 1/4 or 1/16 resolution of stencil shadows, and then upscale and blur it?

-dynamic settings, not only resolution. Like Forza.

-AI is a big problem in Unity engine. In games like Cities skyline npc has…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Lithuania

Lithuania should be added to an Oculus list of supported countries

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add shipment to Czechia

Most re-sellers in Czechia are constantly sold out and provide the same product for few hundred dolars more than the official store. If you could add shipment option to Czechia, it would be great.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Promote the Quest with a Dude Perfect Video!

I absolutely love my Quest and the Echo Arena Beta took it to a whole new level! People need to understand the state of VR has changed and it is way more accesible and appealing for people, specially now with a literal e-sport in the platform. A great way would be to make a sponsored Dude Perfect video that can easily get 30-100million views, from all demographics. I'm sure Dude Perfect would love to play Echo Arena!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Voice control of controller buttons

Hi I am a 59-year-old quadriplegic after car crash in 1984. Just purchased an Oculus Quest Virtual Reality headset. I can move my arms, but my fingers are paralysed.

Never really bothered with gaming for about 30 years. I've only so far been able to do the setup on the OQ, with help, but seeing my hands look normal was quite mind blowing, made me feel like I had got something back. I would really like to dive into this experience, feel it would enhance my life a lot.

Oculus is probably the world's best VR system, and it would…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. New VR Headset for 2020

What about you make another VR Headset like... Oculus quest pro give better refresh rate is like 120hz and graphics quality is 1440x650 and headphones that is from dolby atmos . also better pads for comfortability to your face. and all the features that is in the oculus quest.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. New games!

Some new game ideas for oculus!
    1. I think a hairstyling game might be fun, and could be useful for people trying to learn how to do certain hairstyles, like a French/ fishtail braid!
    2. It’d be cool to have a home design game where you could build/design a house!
    3. I know this is included in job simulator, but possibly a cooking game, maybe one entirely focused on cooking?
    Let me know what you think and feel free to add on with any other game ideas!

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Be able to share pics/vids to email or youtube instead of only Facebook

Be able to share pics/vids to email or youtube instead of only Facebook

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add information on my play time per game.

... and let me sort my library by it (as an option).

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base