Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Welcome to the Oculus Quest feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Quest platform.We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Quest platform.
  • Core Software / Guardian: All Oculus Quest main menu, navigation, Guardian, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Oculus TV.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest!    
  1. Family accounts multiple devices

Can we set up multiple user on one device? It’s unfortunate that a family can’t buy two devices and share games. That is price gauging in my opinion. I might not have bought two if I knew that.

Please answer my questions

73 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Replace current keyboard with a touch screen keyboard

Replace the current cursor-based keyboard with a touch screen style keyboard you can use with your pointer fingers.

63 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Bring back old controller battery meter

The new colored battery meters are a distraction and harder to notice when battery is low. The colors on a primarily white text menu is distracting. Perhaps bring back the numbers and have them change colors when low.

208 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Headstrap redesign for more comfort like Rift-S or Vive Deluxe Audio

A lot of people have found that the stock Quest headstrap is very uncomfortable after wearing it for a period of time. For some this is as short as 20 minutes. This discomfort can appear as pressure in the cheeks, along the forehead and even pain in the back of the head and neck.

An official strap redesign is needed for Quest to make it more comfortable to wear. Current suggestions / mods on Reddit include better weight distribution by placing a weight on the back or putting additional straps over the top of the Quest to make it sit…

174 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Enable true update on demand for quest and desktop releases. Stop forcing users to wait for stated rollouts that take too long.

Adding an update button that still will not work until your device is added to the staggered rollout is pointless. Please make Quest and PC updates available to those that want to actively update immediate. Don't make us wait until our device is added to the deployment.

Staged rollouts for those that do not want to actively update are fine. But give us the power to update on the day software releases if we want to.

80 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Quest 2 Interpupillary Distance (IPD) ISSUE

Hello.

I just purchased my Quest 2 and I already have issues with it!!!!!
    Would it have killed you to make a REAL solution for IPD adjustment, instead of the **** 3-steps one???????????????????????????????????
    WHY DID YOU HAVE TO CHEAP OUT ON THAT SPECIFICALLY??????!!!!

I set mine on 3, and it's still NOT enough!!!!!!!! I need a 3.5 or 4, because my IPD is 7cm / 70mm or more, ******** it!!!!
    My eyes and head HURT LIKE FKG HEEELLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not to mention that I have an even lower FOV because of it.

What are you going to do about this????????? A…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Give Asgard's Wrath to ALL users of Q2.

It is a slap in the face that I gave you my money for a pre-order and now that I got it, you are giving away Asgard's Wrath for people that activate their oculus a few weeks after getting mine. This ****** me off and is an insult to your base. This should be available to everyone.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Family sharing account

I have 2 hmd and would like to play with my son without making new acc

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Two devices one account

How come we cant set up 2 devices on one account??? Bought second quest to play against wife. Makes no sense to buy games twice so that we can play together in the same house

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Offer a clip for original Link cable for Quest2

The Original Quest Link cable came with a plastic clip for strain relief on the Original Quest but the clip won't fit Quest 2. Oculus should either ship out a free clip to anyone that upgraded and already bought a Link cable for the original Quest, or at the very least offer to sell the clip or whatever strain relief system they are shipping the new Link Cable with for the Quest 2.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. [For victim of Oculus Quest 2] Proposal of support campaign for those who bought Oculus Quest recently.

==========================================
    ・Agenda?: Free app campaign
    ・For who? : Victim of Oculus Quest 2 (People those who have just bought Oculus Quest)
    ・How much?:About $300 (The price gap between Oculus Quest and Oculus Quest 2)

・Why?: To keep being fan of Oculus

I'm writing this topic for those who have just bought Oculus Quest.

Congratulations on the sale of Oculus Quest 2, but for those who have recently bought Oculus Quest, the gap in both specs and price is so sudden and shocking. (Several of my friends and myself bought the Oculus Quet just a month ago.)

Normally, a new product…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Offer trade in of old Quest devices when new versions are released

For environmental reasons, there should be a trade in program in place when the next generation of Quest launches, so that one can send in their old Quest and get a discount for the new model. Especially since the device will effectively be useless when the battery dies, since this battery is not user replacable.

The Quest can then be refurbished and sold at a lower price, widening the potential audience for VR.

168 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Make account sharing for devices in a family. I bought 2 for my kids but now I have to buy any games twice that they want to play together?

Make account sharing for devices in a family. I bought 2 for my kids but now I have to have 2 accounts and buy any games twice that they want to play together? Or if we share an account for both we can’t play together or save our own progress, etc? This makes no sense.

208 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add multiplayer support to hand tracking (could be used for communication via sign language)

I recently noticed a request in the Bigscreen forums to add hand tracking support to the game. The person who requested it was deaf, and most of his friends were deaf too. He wanted to use hand tracking in order to communicate with them via sign language. The Bigscreen devs said they wanted to add it, but that hand tracking doesn't yet support multiplayer. Meaning the game can track your hands, but no one else will be able to see your gestures.

So I'm making this request that multiplayer support be added to hand tracking. Not only would it work…

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add several Savegame Slots to each Game as a Standard

Having several Family Members it would be a good improve to add a Oculus Developer Policy to add several Savegame Slots to each Game.

Currently this is not common and i am sure this Feature being added as a Standard would make Quest / Go / Rift so much better for everyone to enjoy the Gaming Experience.

423 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Oculus 2 IPD need major improvement.

Please add a way via Software to fine tune the IPD. We bought 3 Oculus 2 headsets, 2 256gb and 1 64gb plus 3 Elite Straps w/Battery. We just returned all the headsets and straps because no one in our family falls into any of the three presets. We owned the Quest 1 and everything about the Quest 2 imho is better EXCEPT THE IPD adjustment. No one in my family found it comfortable in any of the 3 settings. We all had our IPD measured recently and we don't fall near any of the 3 presets. I own a…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Protect Oculus linked Facebook accounts from being locked

I'm hearing multiple stories of users' Facebook accounts being suspended for no particular reason (e.g. using an alias or a novelty profile pic, because they're gamers and don't use Facebook for other purposes) resulting in them losing access to their Quest and all the software they've purchased. It can take weeks for these accounts to be unlocked.

Oculus linked accounts should be protected from suspension like this and I'm appalled your company didn't have the foresight to protect against this as it's a basic common sense function. Your competitors are miles ahead with this. Accounts should also have a fast…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Remove Facebook

The Facebook requirement for play with friends, etc, is the worst thing to happen to Oculus since Oculus was bought by Facebook in the first place. Offer people the option of the old login. This is absolutely disgusting.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Unlimk facebook account

Being forced to connect my facebook account isn’t good especially when other people in the house use it, now their in personal stuff that was never intended for them

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Family Accounts!

We bought a second Quest (not cheap) so my daughter and I could play games together. Now I find out that we will need to make an account for her and buy all the same games again? That's several hundred dollars more. And if we get a third Quest, then we will have to buy the games yet again. There needs to be a way that all members of our immediate family can play the games with each other.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base