Oculus Quest

Welcome to the Oculus Quest feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Quest platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Quest platform.
  • Core Software / Guardian: All Oculus Quest main menu, navigation, Guardian, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Oculus TV.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest!    
  1. When Oculus brings its social offering to VR, cross integrate it with Instagram

When Oculus brings forth its social offering that is cross-platform, it should have an interface to share posts and stories directly to Instagram rather than/or in addition to Facebook. I say this, because, Rec Room and VRchat have been the social platforms myself and many others have used. There are both large Rec Room, and VRchat communities on Instagram where people continue as their VR personas outside of the headsets. There is a lot of friction for getting posts from Rec Room, and VRchat to Instagram. If Oculus releases its own social VR offering, with low friction (hopefully sharing from…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  First Party Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Linden labs sansar runing on the quest

Please add sansar virtual world to the oculus quest. Sansar is made by linden labs the creators of second life.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  First Party Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. The platform needs 1 racing game as minimum

Seriously, no one kind of semi simulator?
    There is no Forza/Gran turismo/Project cars like.

Should have 1 Oculus AA game for Go/Quest/Rift with different graphics settings (and high quality physics on PC)

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Build in music streaming platform with friends.

Build in music app like Winamp. Would be streaming either though existing music stream providers, or become a music stream provider.

Would have visualizations like Winamp did.

Could be multiplayer. Listening to music with a friend.

Ultimate would be VR scenes. Like at the recording studio watching the song being made. Or at a concert.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Phoenix Wright-styled games!

I think games like the "Ace Attorney" series would be improved by adapting them to VR.
    Being able to interact with crime scenes/evidence, be immersed in the settings, and gesture and yell in court would be a fantastic experience with relatively minimal development stresses.

Even if it isn't the "Phoenix Wright" brand, these kinds of mystery/visual novel games would be really impressive to see translated to VR. Hopefully as the platform grows, developers can start making these more niche games and showing off the medium's potential.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Make Rec Room stable to play for Oculus Quest

When I play Rec Room, my oculus quest always glitches, it really often just crashes the Oculus Quest or Rec Room. I really wish I could play Rec Room at least without the fear of losing my progress. If you can make the game stable only by lowering the graphics you can give an option for making the graphics lower so it wouldn't crash!

I REALLY need this update, because I once lost A LOT of progress in a game and that made me extremely disappointed and sad.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Create a quarterback game

It could be a training style game that gives the experience of being in the pocket and developing vision.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 3D Deep setting

Very much better comfort.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow Oculus Gallery to follow orientation when playing movies

In Oculus Gallery, we can reset orientation by holding down the Oculus button. However, when playing any movies, the orientation is always facing forward regardless of the orientation. This is inconsistent. Sometimes we like watch movies on the bed facing the ceiling or lying face down. Currently both Netflix and Virtual Desktop apps allow this. Please add this feature!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Use the controller to change positioning in Gallery app while viewing 360 photos

Gallery - Controller move 360 photo view
    Use the controller to change position in Gallery app while viewing 360 photos so you don't have to rotate your head or body to see everything.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  First Party Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Ability to develop and debug 2D Android apps with the Quest.

I've been trying to make a simple 2D utility Android app work in Oculus TV. It works in an Android TV emulator, but on the Quest, somehow the onClick listener doesn't trigger when I click the buttons. Worse, I can't get the debugger to attach in Android Studio and worst of all, there are no docs about developing for Oculus TV.

Not everything people want to do is in VR. The Oculus Quest is also an Android device and should be able to do ordinary Android device stuff too, like debugging Android TV / Oculus TV apps.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Have you thought of developing a Tai chi like game so a way to work out with the Quest?

Have you thought of developing a Tai chi like game so a way to work out with the Quest? Due to health issues I am using Saber Beat and other ones where you can move to try to get back into shape. Just wondering if this had been looked into. With the other formats it was not possible but with the Quest where you can move around a space. Thought it may be an interesting idea.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  First Party Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Retro games for the new horizons app

I want to see oculus import/buy the rights to use/modify older lower poly games/assets and convert them to VR. Retro FPS titles like the original Halo and many movie based games like Peter Jackson's King Kong would be an amazing thing to update as your new Horizons project continues. I put in a separate support ticket about this because i want to see this idea have some life blown into it. I'd join your team and help yall secure licenses for the project as it's something I'm passionate about and something I'm passionately invested in. Please consider this option, thank…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. easy facebook login/out

Linking to FB would be awesome, but I don't do it because then when I put my rig on someone else for a demo they'll be looking at my FB account info - not good. Sure, I could logout of FB but with the complex password I use that isn't going to happen.

SUGGESTION: Have a light 4 digit password to unlock a personal config in the Quest. When I put on the rig it asks for my 4 digits or else it brings up a generic config without my FB feed, etc.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Oculus Integration Unity package code maintenance

The Oculus Integration package for Unity generates a bunch of warnings when imported into a project under Unity 2018.4. The software should be cleaned up a bit.
    In addition, when building cross platform projects, the OVREngineConfigurationUpdater checks the applicationIdentifier no matter the platform and sets it. That's a bug und should only happen on supported platforms and can be handled with a simple directive in EnforceBundleId():

if UNITY_ANDROID

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Oculus Gallery Settings Persist

After you have selected some viewing settings within the Oculus Gallery app, such as viewing items as small icon/line/large preview, recent/alphabetical or all media/albums, this should persist so that it is exactly the same next time you load up the Oculus Gallery.

Currently, you have to start all over again.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add Video View Counter

Either in the core system or in the SkyBox app there should be a way to collect data on videos uploaded to the Oculus Headset like video view count, how long the video was watched, etc. This information should be available to copy or export into a csv file.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. RecRoom help does not work

In my "dorm" room I move to the three green buttons on the wall. I press the one labeled "help". I get a pop up with text like "Web browsing is not supported at this time"

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Polygon modeler

I know oculus said that due to tech difficulties there will probably be no Medium or Quill for the Quest since they need too many polygons and other brute force aspects that the humble Quest don't have.

But one thing I'm surprised that noone has really done is a straight up polygon modeling app. Put down vertices. connect them to form connected triangles. Build a useable model triangle by triangle that can then be exported as a very light weight OBJ. By it's basic nature the results will be low poly (because each polygon has to be hand created) and…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Pokemon

Pokemon Snap would be the perfect game for the Quest. Someone should contact Nintendo and try to strike a licensing deal. Or even just create a game like it with a new theme. The slow rollercoaster is perfect for 3D, you could even be standing on a larger platform you could walk a few steps in each direction. I just imagine leaning in to get a shot, tossing a pester ball right at a tree. I want to bring a virtual camera up to my face and take a picture that gets judged on quality.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 3 4 6 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base