Oculus Quest

Welcome to the Oculus Quest feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Quest platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Quest platform.
  • Core Software / Guardian: All Oculus Quest main menu, navigation, Guardian, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Oculus TV.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest!    
  1. Person detection inside playspace

Person detection inside playspace,if someone walks near you it should say they are there.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Update manuals to reflect the new UI that no longer has the old library. Especially the pages about using sideloaded apps.

Update manuals to reflect the new UI that no longer has the old library. Especially the pages about using sideloaded apps.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Disk Defragmentation

Oculus system definitively needs some tool for Disk Defragmentation, because after installing few apps the performance drops heavily, and that even causes controllers to get randomly disconnected, drift and get dislocated and after installing too many apps the games become unplayable :/ Many people are complaining about disconnecting/drifting controllers, they are trying repairing, changing batteries etc and that is actually caused by installing too many apps and lack of disk defragmentation in system.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Passthrough Mode with Guardian Turned Off

Like many developers, using the guardian can be cumbersome when switching between my desk and headset, so i utilize the option that lets you turn the guardian off. However, that seems to disable the passthrough mode, either double tap or the passthrough environment. Passthrough should be able to be turned on with the guardian turned off, because then instead of being totally blind, theres almost a middle-ground.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Display date on home bar

Currently, there is no way for a user to see the current date except through the browser (e.g. searching "date" on Google).

As a user, I would like to see the date displayed as a tooltip when I point my controller at the clock on the home bar.

83 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Firmware Update Progress Bar

Rather than just "Downloading" until you restart your headset, it would be great if you could see when it's done downloading and then have it auto restart or something.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Built in recording feature not using mic (possible update in future?)

For content creators such as myself, I would like to do just one action, plug in my Quest, and upload. But right now, I can not as the built in recording feature will not activate the mic allowing me to record my voice.

I hope there will someday be a much easier way to record a video for Youtube instead of having to remain seated, put an external headset over the Quest, and use an external program like Audacity just to record our voice. the main selling point of the Quest is that there are no wires, and sadly, it…

75 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Ghost or outline for items that enter (move into) the playing area

Add a feature that ghosts or outlines and object such as person or animal that enters the playing area thus avoiding a collision.

80 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. User Voice vote in the Oculus Quest !!!!

Most of the users don't come here on the uservoice.com !!

It should be a section inside the Oculus Quest menu !!! So we can see ideas and vote

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Fix Audio Playback To PC for Streaming and general use

I am a Twitch streamer and using Oculus link is amazing for playing games, however I cannot record audio at all from OBS if I want to stream something. You actually made the rest of your desktop experience super streamer friendly with being able to have hidden obs windows and desktop miirroring that can be pinned to follow me into the game. But playing computer audio to PC does not work, nor does setting my audio source in OBS to the virtual speakers.

This also means if I want to play a game and have a home audiance they can't…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow to unlock Quest without Touch controllers

Currently it is not possible to unlock a Quest by drawing a pattern in handtracking mode.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. add audio to recordings

allow oculus recordings to have audio so people can make videos without a 3rd party recorder

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I have the microsoft surface book 2 15 inch and none of the occulus headsets support linkthe windows version because of the Nvidia 1060gpu?

I have the microsoft surface book 2, 15 inch and none of the occulus headsets, specifically the quest support the expensive occulus link cable on the windows software version because of the Nvidia GTX 1060gpu? How can this be? I hope a fix is due fast..

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow broadcast of virtual content over Link from Rift Home

I would like to see virtual broadcast of audio as well as video when using Quest and Oculus Link in 'Rift' Home space, when 'broadcasting' a YouTube video or other to a virtual screen in Home. Right now, virtual video casting is working, but audio won't cast, and produces a compatibility error.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Stereo audio capture when doing video capture

Capturing game play video in the Quest currently produces a video file with mono audio. This makes capturing spatialized audio impossible, which is important for applications that use this feature prominently. Would it be possible to record stereo audio instead?

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Add an optional noise alert when the Guardian boundary is exceeded

For me, in a game like Beat Saber, the neon lines blend in too well with the overall aesthetic of the game. A sound, like a sine wave or a "glitch" sound that played over the game audio would be really helpful for preventing damage to their headset and themselves.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Please bring Oculus Dreamdeck to Quest

Please include an updated version (Handtracking?) of Oculus Dreamdeck into the Quest standard software package.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Turn off power led

It would be good if it was possible to turn off the power on led. I wanted to watch tv in bed without disturbing my wife, but the white 'on' led is so bright it was keeping her awake.

You could choose if it kept the setting, or gave a one time button on the home screen to quickly switch it off until the next power cycle.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Why is oculus quest tv now a curved screen?

Why is oculus quest tv now a curved screen? It used to be flat but was changed in an update. Give the option to set my preference! I don’t like watching shows or movies on a curved screen. I can’t even adjust the screen size either. In every other video app you can do these things. I would use it more if oculus TV was more configurable

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Whats the point of Casting if NOBODY in GAME can HEAR YOU?

Please take a few moments to read and vote this suggestion, small voices often go ignored and customer support just copy pasted me to come here, which is a waste of time it feels like, and a good way to just end a conversation with support ticket.

When you cast, either to chromecast tv, or even to your facebook feed, people in the cast on tv and facebook can hear you talk... But everyone else in the game can not hear you... This makes casting multiplayer games stupid. If nobody in the game can hear you talk, what is the…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base