Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Welcome to the Oculus Quest feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Quest platform.We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Quest platform.
  • Core Software / Guardian: All Oculus Quest main menu, navigation, Guardian, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Oculus TV.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest!    
  1. Quest: Screenshot shortcut with button on controller?

Right now I find it quite cumbersome to take a screenshot or start a video recording.
    Wouldn't it be great to actually bind this functionality to one of the buttons on the controllers?

Note: Right now I've bound the SteamVR screenshot function to a long press on the joystick on the left controller - which makes it so much easier to use.
    I would however prefer this to be a native Quest option, since the screenshot seem to better reflect what I'm actually seeing in the Quest.
    Ideally I'd love to have the screenshot uploaded to (for example) DropBox, when…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Background music for Oculus Quest

I got a little idea. Why not add background music directly from Spotify (Or any other music distribution service you can think of) to the Quest headset? That way we can hear our song playlists while we're inside the game. (I would highly recommend turn the game's music down to 0 if you want to hear background music without hearing in-game music)

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Multiple profiles on one account to allow 'local' multiplay without forcing us to buy multiple copies of a game - also parental controls !

Hi

First of all - absolutely cracking product! I have NEVER bought a gaming platform in the first month of its release until the quest - and I was blown away - whoever described it as the Nintendo of vr was spot on !!!!

I have 2 quests and was going to buy another 2 but in order to play with (or against) other players on my other quests I find that I am forced to register each quest on a different account which means I have to buy every game separately for each quest !!!

Can we have multiple…

79 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Make it possible to pair Bluetooth audio headset and mark unsupported types

-- Enable to pair with Bluetooth headset for audio
    -- Change wording that headset can also be paired, not just keyboard and gamepad
    -- Devices that is not supported by HDM should be marked so on the list, so you don't try again and again to pair it, if HMD already know that this Bluetooth type is not supported

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. clock to be able to have whatsapp, spotify ... etc in the background always

It would be great if in the home of Oculus quest and quest 2, a clock was added (being able to choose in which hand, right or left) and that when pressing the Oculus button in any game, the menu and the clock in hand would appear. in this way we could implement apps like spotify with a player, whatsapp, and that work in the background, and that somehow notifications appear on the wrist. It would be great to always have a watch on your wrist, even choose the notification sound

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. I think it would be pretty useful if you could answer calls and texts without leaving the VR environment

I feel like you should be able to link your phone and VR headset so that when you get a call or text you would also get a notification in the VR environment that you could answer and/or reply to in real time

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Fix Oculus Quest 2 Battery Drain when in Sleep

The Oculus Quest 2 drains the entire battery plus elite battery in around 24 hours just stilling in sleep mode. The Quest 1 could go somewhere around a week in sleep mode. There is something seriously wrong with the firmware for it to drain two entire batteries in 24 hours.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow searching for facebook groups name while sharing or livestreaming content

Hey look! someone actually trying to actually use Facebook with Oculus!

Currently you can livestream content to a Facebook group however you have to scroll though a drop down list of all groups, and guess what? for someone with around 1k facebook groups it is basically impossible to do so

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. the ability to set time of day for the virtual environments

I think it would be really cool to have the ability to change the time of day in the home environments. Imagine dessert terrace under the night sky.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. ability to rotate orientation

When you watch something lying down, for instance with youtube VR, and you move from your back (stargazing view works great) to your side, you cannot move the menu or main screen 90 degrees so it matches the orientation of your eyes. Having a possibility to do so would actually make watching movies better possible.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Oculus Home: You need to add ability to close all windows.

You need to add the ability to close all windows in Oculus Home. Every other interface in the world has that ability, so a user instinctively looks for that feature in here as well. Not finding it (because it’s not there) makes for a very frustrating experience. The only way to get an unobstructed view if home environment is to reset view on the ceiling, which is silly. The people attending the meeting where it was decided this was a good idea were wrong. Please let them know. (Perhaps having nothing showing up when windows are closed could be confusing,…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow microphone recording

So oculus quest can’t record its own microphone that absolutely sucks especially for content creators so enable microphone recording so people do not need external microphones to capture their audio

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Selecting text with shift+arrow keys when using Bluetooth keyboard

I cant select text using my bluetooth keyboard in the browser. I would also like all the text editing shortcuts, like ctrl+arrow keys moving by word, etc (all of readline would be ideal).

I'm using the Logitec k830

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. PLEASE put a check for firmware update button in the software for Quest and Go!!

PLEASE put a check for firmware button inside the Quest and Go!!

103 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Must fix black depth on O2

Need an app or update to get richer black depth on Oculus 2 this should be a priority fix.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. wifi

On Quest Two, the initial WiFi connection made before pairing my phone was saved and then when I created a new connection after paring, it made two of them. After that I had to manually connect to WiFi every time I used my device. When I finally noticed the two entries for the same SSID in the phone app and removed them, it finally started connecting properly

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 360 VR casting to another Quest headset.

I have a quest 2 and my original quest 1. My girlfriend and I often play through games together and whoever isn’t in the headset will watch the game on the TV via chromecast. But it would be so much better if the passive viewer could be wearing the quest 1 while the active player is in the quest 2, that way we both can get the VR view/experience rather than one of us having to watch in 2d.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Accessibility options for the disabled

I am requesting the ability to move playspace by keybind as is currently available on SteamVR OpenVR Advanced Settings.

I am disabled and play all games seated, I would like the option to set a keybind to enable a height offset simulating crouching, as well as the ability to freely move the playspace to allow access to items placed on the floor, while still maintaining a standing height in application.

It seems ridiculous that I have to request this feature, as SteamVR has had these features for years.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. local multiplayer

I think there needs to be a LOCAL MULTIPLAYER support.

We should be able to have 2 Oculus (or more) Quests near each other and they should be able to play the same game... Racket Fury would be a good example. but for more players- Dead and Buried II in a GYM would be awesome.

80 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base