Oculus Quest

Welcome to the Oculus Quest feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Quest platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Quest platform.
  • Core Software / Guardian: All Oculus Quest main menu, navigation, Guardian, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Oculus TV.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest!    
  1. Picture-in-Picture Pass-through

An option to allow ‘Picture-in-Picture Pass-through’ mode for times when you can’t be completely disconnected from what’s going on around you.

84 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Run custom apps with Oculus Home

It would be great to be able to run certain apps within Facebook home - i.e. Virtual Desktop, or other messaging apps. Especially with the new ability to have Passthrough+ be a Home Environment, being able to run something like Virtual Desktop while in Passthrough+ would allow me to get rid of all my monitors and have a truly immersive work from home setup!

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Person detection inside playspace

Person detection inside playspace,if someone walks near you it should say they are there.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Charge battery only up to 80% option

To improve battery lifetime you could add an option to charge it only up to 80%.

83 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Disk Defragmentation

Oculus system definitively needs some tool for Disk Defragmentation, because after installing few apps the performance drops heavily, and that even causes controllers to get randomly disconnected, drift and get dislocated and after installing too many apps the games become unplayable :/ Many people are complaining about disconnecting/drifting controllers, they are trying repairing, changing batteries etc and that is actually caused by installing too many apps and lack of disk defragmentation in system.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Quest Low Battery Warning

Hi, we need a low battery warning for the quest. There have been several instances where I am playing a game and the quest just dies because there was no audible or visual warning to let you know that the battery is running low!

There needs to be an audio and/or visual warning when using the quest to inform you of low battery either at 20%, 10%, or at 5%.

It's incredibly annoying to be going to the home screen every few minutes to check the battery level. When you're immersed in a game you don't have time to be…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Ghost or outline for items that enter (move into) the playing area

Add a feature that ghosts or outlines and object such as person or animal that enters the playing area thus avoiding a collision.

79 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Display date on home bar

Currently, there is no way for a user to see the current date except through the browser (e.g. searching "date" on Google).

As a user, I would like to see the date displayed as a tooltip when I point my controller at the clock on the home bar.

81 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. User Voice vote in the Oculus Quest !!!!

Most of the users don't come here on the uservoice.com !!

It should be a section inside the Oculus Quest menu !!! So we can see ideas and vote

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Fix Audio Playback To PC for Streaming and general use

I am a Twitch streamer and using Oculus link is amazing for playing games, however I cannot record audio at all from OBS if I want to stream something. You actually made the rest of your desktop experience super streamer friendly with being able to have hidden obs windows and desktop miirroring that can be pinned to follow me into the game. But playing computer audio to PC does not work, nor does setting my audio source in OBS to the virtual speakers.

This also means if I want to play a game and have a home audiance they can't…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow to unlock Quest without Touch controllers

Currently it is not possible to unlock a Quest by drawing a pattern in handtracking mode.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Remove graphics cards limitations for Oculus Link/GeForce 1050ti

Tons of people own computers with graphics cards that are currently deemed incompatible with Oculus Link, many of which are stronger than the onboard graphics components of Oculus Quest. There are dozens of games on Steam that my PC should be able to run on medium or even high settings with Link, but link rejects the card even though it is compatible with the 970.
    I ask that you remove those limitations from the Oculus Link software, because they are hurting the experience of many users. Let the users decide if they want to run something with medium graphics. Most…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Support Facebook Gameroom streaming

Support streaming to Facebook Gameroom, now that Mixer is no longer that gap would be great to fill with direct live-streaming on an official Facebook platform, rather than sharing it just to pages and groups

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I have the microsoft surface book 2 15 inch and none of the occulus headsets support linkthe windows version because of the Nvidia 1060gpu?

I have the microsoft surface book 2, 15 inch and none of the occulus headsets, specifically the quest support the expensive occulus link cable on the windows software version because of the Nvidia GTX 1060gpu? How can this be? I hope a fix is due fast..

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Allow broadcast of virtual content over Link from Rift Home

I would like to see virtual broadcast of audio as well as video when using Quest and Oculus Link in 'Rift' Home space, when 'broadcasting' a YouTube video or other to a virtual screen in Home. Right now, virtual video casting is working, but audio won't cast, and produces a compatibility error.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add an optional noise alert when the Guardian boundary is exceeded

For me, in a game like Beat Saber, the neon lines blend in too well with the overall aesthetic of the game. A sound, like a sine wave or a "glitch" sound that played over the game audio would be really helpful for preventing damage to their headset and themselves.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Turn off power led

It would be good if it was possible to turn off the power on led. I wanted to watch tv in bed without disturbing my wife, but the white 'on' led is so bright it was keeping her awake.

You could choose if it kept the setting, or gave a one time button on the home screen to quickly switch it off until the next power cycle.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Whats the point of Casting if NOBODY in GAME can HEAR YOU?

Please take a few moments to read and vote this suggestion, small voices often go ignored and customer support just copy pasted me to come here, which is a waste of time it feels like, and a good way to just end a conversation with support ticket.

When you cast, either to chromecast tv, or even to your facebook feed, people in the cast on tv and facebook can hear you talk... But everyone else in the game can not hear you... This makes casting multiplayer games stupid. If nobody in the game can hear you talk, what is the…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Audio

Audio distortion in right speaker fix. It's really annoying when the audio goes distorted after using the headset for a short time. Always the right speaker and lots of people complain about it in my Oculus Facebook group. Needs a reset to work properly again but always returns after use for 30 40 mins on average.

61 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Make Hand Tracking work in all games

Make Hand Tracking work in all games. Even if it's not that great. Have it as an option under experimental. I want to try super hot with hand tracking. I don't think the dev would ever put out an update for it.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base