Oculus Quest

Welcome to the Oculus Quest feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Quest platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Quest platform.
  • Core Software / Guardian: All Oculus Quest main menu, navigation, Guardian, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Oculus TV.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest!    
  1. Background music for Oculus Quest

I got a little idea. Why not add background music directly from Spotify (Or any other music distribution service you can think of) to the Quest headset? That way we can hear our song playlists while we're inside the game. (I would highly recommend turn the game's music down to 0 if you want to hear background music without hearing in-game music)

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Full body tracking

Full body tracking would put the quest far closer to perfect with freedom and emmersion

73 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. local multiplayer

I think there needs to be a LOCAL MULTIPLAYER support.

We should be able to have 2 Oculus (or more) Quests near each other and they should be able to play the same game... Racket Fury would be a good example. but for more players- Dead and Buried II in a GYM would be awesome.

75 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. OTG USB Storage for Quest and GO

You told us already, it's possible to connect external storage via the usb port but I can't.

100 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Please revert the home screen position, the last update (11?) Made it half the distance and half the size , it feels claustrophobic to use

The new closer and smaller home screen is way too close, in the huge home room the screen now feels about 5 feet away and i always feel i want to back away from it. The home screen browser was my favourite place to surf, now i can't bear to use it

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Guardian creation options

I wish we had options to create straight lines or shapes with the guardian. Many times when creating the guardian, I create uneven lines or wavy lines, which mess with the alerting system. Even though you’re able to decrease the sensitivity, it would be nice to have a consistent boundary in order to have a seamless experience.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. History of the firmware changes ("What was changed with this update?")

This could be hidden in the "Settings" next to the firmware version. Currently any changes of the firmware are only detected by chance.

73 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Ability to back up game save data before factory reset

Currently, a factory reset removes all data including saved game progress. I was just advised by Oculus to perform a factory reset, hoping it would remedy a controller issue that arose immediately after the latest (26/7/19) update. I did back up all of the media on my Quest, but the reset has deleted all of my saved games. So not only do I need to download 10s of gigabytes of game data, I have lost 2 months of progress in every game. Why can't you backup game saves to a PC or cloud server?

59 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Selectable saved guardian spaces with customizable icons

One issue I frequently have is that living in a small apartment, there is only one place I can use my Quest. Sometimes, I need room scale and other times I need the seated/stationary boundary. Unfortunately there is no manual way to set up the guardian so that I can use the same space with different guardian presets.

My suggestion is this: make it so that the user can manually select saved guardian spaces and select an icon or a saved image via the headset camera. This way a user can have multiple guardians to pick from that fit the…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Show WebVR apps in Library

With many great WebVR experiences showing up lately (Moonrider, Spiderman, Hello WebXR by Mozilla) it would be great to access them directly from the library. Currently we can only save them as a "normal" browser bookmark. This could be solved similar to mobile devices where you can add links to web apps directly to your homescreen.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Option to delete demo versions from the library. I do not want to see demos even in the "not installed" section of my library.

Option to delete demo versions from the library. I do not want to see demos even in the "not installed" section of my library. It is highly annoying to go install a game from my library and see a demo of a game I already bought. Please give us the option to remove these, not just uninstall, but remove it completely from our account. Thanks!

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Objects entering guardian

Guardian should activate when any movement occurs within the guardian eg a child or pet walks in front of you.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 91 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Copy and Paste in browser

Allow to select, copy and paste in the Browser.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Fix internal recording to sync audio

Internally recorded vids, The audio is always out of sync. Makes making vids very hard

67 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Ability to save footage from the past 30mins

How often does something awesome happen, or someone does something worth reporting and you get frustrated because you weren't recording.

Having the option to tap a button and save a portion of the footage captured over the previous hour (similar to the PlayStation/Switch) would be immensely helpful. The Quest should also provide that option, even if for only 5mins.

Whatever the time frame needed to be reduced to would still be helpful

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Show downloading percentage while updating.

The update UI on Oculus Quest is really bad at the moment. The rolling releases are confusing a lot of people and when you do get the update, and start downloading it, there is no loading bar or percentage to show you how far it is, what it is doing, and if it even still is downloading (particularly irritating with wifi problems, which I have fairly commonly).

Giving just an indicator like a percentage or even a loading bar gives a lot more information.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add mixed reality features.

Add mixed reality features. As the mapping of environment and its virtual modification.

87 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Ability to select "DuckDuckGo" as search provider in Oculus Browser

I'd like to be able to use DuckDuckGo.com as a default search provider.

89 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Better Quality While Casting To A Phone

Make it less laggy when you cast to a phone or any device. Also bump up the quality of the casting.

59 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base