Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Welcome to the Oculus Quest feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Quest platform.We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Quest platform.
  • Core Software / Guardian: All Oculus Quest main menu, navigation, Guardian, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Oculus TV.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest!    
  1. Fix Bandsteering

I do loose WiFi connection in my WiFi mesh when moving between the mesh stations. From all my WiFi capable devices, only the Quest has this problem.

85 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

13 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Fix Oculus Link Discharging on Quest 2

I am using Oculus Link on my PC directly plugged into my GPU (RTX 2070) this used to work fine on Oculus Quest 1, the battery drain on Quest 2 with link is a real problem, it discharges slowly but I have to plug into my battery bank to charge and play instead of using link for awhile.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 18.0 update issues

Fix the issues in the new 18.0 update. Universal menu panels are now way too dark to read (its as if someone cranked down the contrast and brightness to make the blacks look blacker but text is next to impossible to read. Also, return the green dots on the controller and headset battery levels. Light gray/dark gray dots are hard to read at a glance.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add cut and paste

Not sure why this wasn’t implemented yet

225 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow to adjust time/timezone without having to factory reset

Currently, when the Oculus Quest system clock is false (maybe it identified the wrong timezone at initial setup; the phone had a wrong clock at setup, you changed your location where there is a different local time, and probably when daylight savings time changes (to be seen)), there is no way other then a factory reset to get the system clock of the quest right again. At factory reset the phone time gets synced with the Quest apparently.

Either add a setting within the Oculus Quest home environment, to change and set the current timezone and sync the time with…

145 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Copy and Paste in browser

Allow to select, copy and paste in the Browser.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Fix pairing of arbitrary bluetooth devices.

Being a developer, I would love to able to pair any bluetooth device to my Quest for fun experiments, but there is currently a bug that you cannot enter a PIN because the keyboard does not appear when you click the text field.

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Receive phone calls and text notifications in VR

The headset is already linked to our phone via Bluetooth. It should be able to receive text notifications and answer phone calls while the user wears the headset. It's incredibly frustrating to have to remove the headset or peer down my nose to view and respond to texts and phone calls. Why not allow the reception of notifications, text replies via voice-to-text, and answering and making phone calls from within the headset? If the Oculus Quest and Quest 2 platforms are going to become a productivity tool alongside a gaming device, we will need the ability to communicate with the…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Audio Alarm for Guardian

Audio alarm for when moving outside the guardian.

Hello guys, I’ve recently been playing Echo VR on the Quest and found that I get so immersed and focused in the game that I can ignore the visual guardian and start clobbering things and family members who thought they were safe😁 I’ve added a 3’x4’ rubber mat that I stand on for a physical reminder that does help, but I know most users won’t bother to get creative like that! So if you guys could add an audio alarm option that could be adjusted in settings, that would be awesome!!

Thanks…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Oculus link for iMac

I currently do not own any PC other then a iMac. And i would really like to use Oculus Link to play Rift games and more. But Oculus link is not for Mac, so i think it would be a great addition to have a Mac version for Oculus Link so all quest users that own a mac can easily connect to their computer instead of having to download Bootcamp.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow for Manual Firmware Updates

It's frustrating trying to guess when the next update will be available on my device, and the "Check for Updates" button hasn't helped in the slightest. It would be great if we had the option to update to the latest firmware instantly during any point in the roll-out.

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Visually impaired

For the visually impaired are always looking for options to enhance viewing. The oculus quest is an awesome tour however there should be an option to enlarge the font for reading instructions and also on the main menu. It would be helpful to grab the menu and bring it closer to enable reading. I am visually impaired

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Huawei phones support - currently not existing!

According to Oculus support, Huawei phones are not supported. There is a vast Huawei user base out there that was not told about the missing support for Huawei. Can you fix it? Fast? And let people know that you currently do not support Huawei?

78 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Have Night Mode switch automatically based on time schedule set by the user or sunrise/sunset

Basically the title, it's kinda annoying to set it/turn it off every time you enter the headset. I don't think an additional option of time schedule would hurt anyone, rather just bring more customisation.

63 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Update the Casting "red dot"

When you cast or record a red dot is displayed in the top right corner.

The first time this happened I freaked out, thought I had burned the display by accident. It would be better if the red dot would blink, or it would say CASTING or REC for a few seconds beside the dot.

108 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Please add a similar "half pass through" and pass through modes like the "greel lines" mode of the Vive Cosmos

I'm currently crosstesting a Vive Cosmos.

There are 2 things about their pass through on demand that are very useful and which I would like to see in the Quest too in some ways.

1.) Half Pass through: The virtual view gets faded out a bit and the pass though image gets added to it.

2.) Other pass through modes: Beside the camera view the Cosmos offers a "green lines" mode. In this mode you don't see the camera image, but the borders of your RL environment.

I absolutely love this combination to sort myself in my room while playing…

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Height adjustment for people with disabilities

Please allow height to be adjusted from the guardian setup for people to enjoy games and experiences with normal height. Many games do not adjust for sitting players and makes game interactions or functions either awkward or impossible (e.g. normal walking speed in Pavlov - game assumes you are crouched).

139 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Controllers mapping options for disabled people.

I am a handicapped player with no left hand. I can manage to grab and use the left controller's triggers, but I definitely can't use the left stick. I would like to know if the Oculus team can add an option to switch the fonctions of the left and right analog sticks. I'd say that the same it is done on Steam with the possibility of mapping the controllers work be great.. Or trying to ask the games developers to add it in their games options (but would be easier it was done on your side.
    By doing so, I…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. RECORD SHORTCUT

We wanna make our friends to jump into buying vr.

But we want to share videos from inside the games ! Is too much time to go out of the app and start recording it,it takes like 20sec !

We wanna share our funny moments

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base