Oculus Quest

Welcome to the Oculus Quest feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Quest platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Quest platform.
  • Core Software / Guardian: All Oculus Quest main menu, navigation, Guardian, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Oculus TV.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest!    
  1. Update the Casting "red dot"

When you cast or record a red dot is displayed in the top right corner.

The first time this happened I freaked out, thought I had burned the display by accident. It would be better if the red dot would blink, or it would say CASTING or REC for a few seconds beside the dot.

103 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

8 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. RECORD SHORTCUT

We wanna make our friends to jump into buying vr.

But we want to share videos from inside the games ! Is too much time to go out of the app and start recording it,it takes like 20sec !

We wanna share our funny moments

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Low battery dot

The low battery notification is sometimes not enough and it would be helpful to have a low battery symbol like the recording and streaming dot. It could also blink at >5% to make sure they know the quest is about to die.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. no more fade to black on passthrough when walking away!

I want to leave my headset on while I go grab a drink from the kitchen, I cannot do that as my headset blacks out between my play area and my kitchen... I find this quite frustrating! There is no technical reason that the pass through cameras cannot work indefinitely. Please allow the user to disable the fade to black and simply show the user a warning 'not to do anything stupid like drive a car' while wearing the headset.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Height adjustment for people with disabilities

Please allow height to be adjusted from the guardian setup for people to enjoy games and experiences with normal height. Many games do not adjust for sitting players and makes game interactions or functions either awkward or impossible (e.g. normal walking speed in Pavlov - game assumes you are crouched).

132 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Audio Alarm for Guardian

Audio alarm for when moving outside the guardian.

Hello guys, I’ve recently been playing Echo VR on the Quest and found that I get so immersed and focused in the game that I can ignore the visual guardian and start clobbering things and family members who thought they were safe😁 I’ve added a 3’x4’ rubber mat that I stand on for a physical reminder that does help, but I know most users won’t bother to get creative like that! So if you guys could add an audio alarm option that could be adjusted in settings, that would be awesome!!

Thanks…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 2 levels of Guardian; hand and feet

A lot of my obstacles are low in height so I can swing arms freely above them.

I would love to be able to set 2 Guardians, one for when my feet are about to hit, another for hands. So at wall the full grid comes on, but over my sofa it only comes on for the lower half.

141 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Improved Controller Tracking in Bright Environments

Though the headset itself is capable of positional tracking in fairly bright environments (e.g. next to a large bright window, outdoors in shaded areas etc.) when the environment is bright enough, it loses tracking of the controllers. This seems to be due to the exposure of the cameras being adjusted to a point where the IR dots on the controllers are too dim to be picked up, though maybe this is not the case.

It would be great if there was a way to boost the controller brightness or otherwise improve tracking of controllers in bright environments.

143 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Make the touch controller batteries able to be wirelessly charged on a stand so the batteries don't have to be replaced so frequently.

It would be a lot less expensive and easy for everyone if the batteries for the Quest were rechargeable through wireless charging and/or a USB cable on a stand for overall a better look for one and for two a so much easier experience with the controllers that would benefit everyone.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add ability to connect bluetooth headphones (without workarounds)

Add ability to connect bluetooth headphones (without workarounds)

136 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Microphone during casting

Recently my wife just purchased "Ghost Giant", we enabled casting to our TV so that all of the family could enjoy the experience. We then discovered, that the microphone does not work during casting, this causes a breaking bug in the game as this requires a microphone to progress.

Check out the breaking bug below, a social media influencer noticed it first

https://www.reddit.com/r/OculusQuest/comments/f60km7/ghostgiantoculusquestlivestream_gameplay/

I hope that Oculus intend to address this sooner rather than later.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Separate app and chat volume control

We should be able to control app volume and chat volume separately.

124 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Option to switch what lense you are recording or casting from

When you are recording or casting it records what is being viewed from the left lense despite most people having their right eye as their dominant eye, add an option to switch what lense you record or cast from

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow wireless streaming of oculus rift games to quest.

Allow wireless streaming of oculus rift games to quest.

99 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Ability to play stored music on the Quest in the background

Please add a feature to play music files stored on the Quest in the background. Would be a great thing maybe while browsing the web or in your store, or just while chatting with a friend.

99 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Multiple profiles on one account to allow 'local' multiplay without forcing us to buy multiple copies of a game - also parental controls !

Hi

First of all - absolutely cracking product! I have NEVER bought a gaming platform in the first month of its release until the quest - and I was blown away - whoever described it as the Nintendo of vr was spot on !!!!

I have 2 quests and was going to buy another 2 but in order to play with (or against) other players on my other quests I find that I am forced to register each quest on a different account which means I have to buy every game separately for each quest !!!

Can we have multiple…

77 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. YouTube recording and streaming without pc

Allow YouTube recording, streaming, and posting without a pc and from the quest itself

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. PLEASE put a check for firmware update button in the software for Quest and Go!!

PLEASE put a check for firmware button inside the Quest and Go!!

103 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Quest: Screenshot shortcut with button on controller?

Right now I find it quite cumbersome to take a screenshot or start a video recording.
    Wouldn't it be great to actually bind this functionality to one of the buttons on the controllers?

Note: Right now I've bound the SteamVR screenshot function to a long press on the joystick on the left controller - which makes it so much easier to use.
    I would however prefer this to be a native Quest option, since the screenshot seem to better reflect what I'm actually seeing in the Quest.
    Ideally I'd love to have the screenshot uploaded to (for example) DropBox, when…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Ceiling Guardian feature

It would be nice to have an optional choice to set a ceiling height for the guardian. I use my quest in my living room and have to jump to hit my ceiling, but in my basement with my computer I use for link, I can’t get my hands much above my head, and when I am immersed I cannot see how high I’m going and hit it.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base