Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Welcome to the Oculus Quest feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Quest platform.We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Quest platform.
  • Core Software / Guardian: All Oculus Quest main menu, navigation, Guardian, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Oculus TV.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest!    
  1. Volume Balance Control

I have partial hearing loss in one ear, a balance control would be nice. This would help a lot in apps where sound cues are an important component.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Adjustable Haptics on Quest

It might be cool if in the main settings would be an option to adjust levels of rumbling - from OFF to way more intense feedback levels than these available now.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow user defined game/app groups

Let me make groups to store my apps in. For example, I'd like to keep my "beaten but fun enough to mess around in" games in a separate group so I can more easily find the ones I'm still playing.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Developer options: Remember that the guardian is disabled after standby/reboot

This was removed in the latest update and it's really frustrating: When I disable the guardian system in developer options it turns itself back on when the headset is restarted. A second checkbox with: 'remember after reboot/standby' would be a very welcome addition.

The current behaviour is very inconvenient as I only develop for the quest in my free time and thus the headset is turned on and off quite frequently.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Fix Gallery photo smearing!

Both Oculus Go and Oculus Quest applies heavy pixel smoothing in Gallery when viewing 180º3D or 360º3D photos for no explicable reason. We put a lot of effort in creating sharp and detailed VR180 photos and videos and keep hearing the feedback "videos look good but why are the photos blurry?" -from friends watching them in these headsets.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 4 point play area setup

Draw a square play area by only pointing 4 corners,
    or holding your controller in the four corners and pressing a button.
    See SteamVR Pro setup

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Play in front of a mirror = body tracking

Cheap where available.
    Worth experimenting.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Do not replace the simple and intuitive Quest Home/menu with the far more clunky and convoluted Rift/Rift S Home/menu

There is a major conflict with the more "hardcore" and "techy" people constantly asking you for more and more functionality on these headsets and the simple concept of actually making stuff really user friendly and quick and intuitive.

And since you went the wrong route with Rift's menu, imo, I'd like to REALLY emphasize not doing similarly with Quest in the future.

But if you really feel compelled to add all the extra bloat that some of the more "hardcore" and "techy" people want then, PLEASE, also always keep the OPTION for people like me to use the most simple…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. School in a Device

Congratulations on your recent announcements and advancements with the Quest. You have done remarkable work. What I would like to propose to you is the idea of a specialized version of the device, now that you have brought the capability to it that you have. VR has great potential for education, and a device in which you can use your hands to type papers makes it an all in once device for school. With about 35 millions kids getting access to broadband at school, I think that a device specialized for instruction could replace the millions of chromebooks, macbooks and…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. color profiles

sRGB and DCI-P3 color profiles please! The reds look way off. This can look cool in some content, but most of the time it looks oversaturated, this is especially true when watching any kind of video.

Ideally, these should kick in automatically based on the content.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Text Forwarding messages with in VR quick replies.

Provide the ability to pop up in VR text messages forwarded from your phone. Have this show on the top corner just as other messages along with the ability to mute on and off and have quick replies from the home screen/pause menus.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Longer battery life on the headset

If it is possible could there be a longer battery life on the vr headset

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Make the roomscale guardian like the stationary guardian

When u touch the stationary boundary the entire grid does not show up.
    When u touch a roomscale boundary, the entire grid shows up.
    Please add an option where when u touch a roomscale boundary the entire grid doesn’t show up because it can be very distracting. I fell as is if it the grid could be like the stationary while touched in this mode

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. partially sighted people devices and support

Did you ever thought about a brand new device or a setting in the existing ones for partially sighted people?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Multiplayer made easier

Easier multiplayer , like with xbox and PlayStation, you should be able to invite any friend to any multiplayer game and have the notification come up on screen for you or your friend to click on and your taken straight into the game or if your playing single player a notification comes up within the game to let you know your friend has requested a game . Also an option to turn this off say if you're watching a movie

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Guardian Favorites Management

Allow for multiple spaces to be stored an managed in a Guardian Management interface. I use my quest at a few different locations but always find myself having to re calibrate to the same spaces over and over. It would be great if we could store the data of our favorite spaces and call them up accordingly when we are at a given location. This could be triggered via a known wifi login and GPS coordinates (through the phone app) to make it more automated.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. disable history on the guardian

Option to disable Guardian history, with like 3 settings.
    1. History system as it is now.
    2. History only saves the last guardian made. Every time you do a new one, that is the only one now, and you don't ever have to 'confirm' the guardian.
    3. No history. Every time you shut the Quest off (not just take it off) the guardian is gone. Needs re-done every startup. When you take it off, it doesn't ask to confirm the guardian, and if its completely lost, you have to redraw it.

I use the Quest in places that change slightly…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Better and through Documentation on ADB, ADB drivers and how to use them with Oculus

Your ADB drivers do not play well with others. With things like phones, tablets, etc out there. You need to have some thorough documentation covering your adb drivers and the use of. I spent the better part of a day troubleshooting why I could not turn on usb debugging and there are alot of fallacies out there. I have a HTC U11 smart phone and in the end until removed HTC Sync manager and made sure there was only one instance of adb on my box the usb debugging allowance pop up dialog would not come up. The lack of…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Browser Prive Mode - PIN security

PLEASE bring back the ability to secure the browser Private mode with a PIN, as was available in the Oculus-driven Gear VR platform.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add a LEFTY option to be used by games/developers

15/12/2019
    Please add some "I am lefty" option in settings so developers can refer to it.
    Example: Darth Vader Immortal
    Lightsaber sticks to the wrong side of yor belt
    Lightsaber training bot assumes you are right-handed

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base