Oculus Quest

Welcome to the Oculus Quest feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Quest platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Quest platform.
  • Core Software / Guardian: All Oculus Quest main menu, navigation, Guardian, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Oculus TV.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest!    
  1. 6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Remember Allow Access data permission

On Oculus go you get the prompt if you connect the hmd to a pc if you want to allow the access to data etc. and you have the option to toggle a box that will remember your decision. On quest auch a box would be great to, as it is right now you have to allow the connection each and every time you plug the quest in and that’s just annoying if we already have a smoother experience on an older device :)

Best regards
    Ronny

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Support partial Guardian presentation/visibility

To reduce the loss of immersion that the Guardian presentation causes, implement limited reveal of Guardian.

Examples of great uses of this are to show specific areas of concern, like areas where the sensors might tell there are risks like walls such as in hallways, or things like dropoffs (detectable via depth sensing).

In a hallway situation, you might want users to be aware of how close the walls are, but not prevent the user from playing in a smaller space such as this. By presenting the walls, and not hiding the hallway, you permit the user to continue playing…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Improve Tracking in Grass

Improve tracking algorithm or provide guidance on how to support “Yard Scale” (I.e., better tracking in larger grass spaces. Controller and HMD frequently lose tracking within the defined guardian space if on grass even when lighting circumstances are ideal (no direct sun, overcast, daytime).

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Why don't you sell a parent and child dual pack that allows the parent to work with the child on more complex games?

Why not sell a dual Oculus quest or go pack that has a parent and child headset where the parent could assist the child in more complex games? It just makes sense considering a lot of the games require dexterity that a parent could assistant. I could help you out with this marketing if that is ideal

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. be able to Stream your experince to larger platforms like twith and yourube.

I would like to be able to strwam my games to a platform other than Facebook.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. optimize better for outside quest exploring use

improve grass tracking, and enlarge roomscale for outside use

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Make it easier to create a (Facebook) 3D-Screenshot with the Quest

It would be really cool if it was possible to take a 3D-Photo within the headset to share it on Facebook afterwards (additionally to the regular screenshots).

Or even better: Make it possible for the user to capture an image from each lense simultanious to create a 3D-Photo later on.

That would be really cool!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Improve the Oculus Home Interface on the Quest

Some ideas to improve the Oculus Home Interface on the Quest:

1.) Please add the option to create a 'favorite'-tab within the navigation area of the Oculus home interface on the Quest (next to updates, not installed etc.)! It would help immense with the rapidly growing catalogue of software installed on my Quest.

2.) Please make it possible to change the default view of the installed apps! I really would like to have my apps ordered from A to Z on default - not by latest.

3.) Please make it possible to change the order of the tabs. Let me…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. CPU Expansion Option?

I've seen quite a few demonstrations of external batteries to keep the Quest operational longer, which people have worn on the back of the head strap. And with the USB-C cable you can connect the Quest to your computer and side load apps, etc. Would it be possible to use the USB-C connector to support an additional CPU for rendering purposes, that could be worn on the back of the headset or on a waistband? I realize this would be getting away from being completely tether-less but if the tether is local to you, does it matter? My understanding is…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Provide an easier way to get video captures and screenshots off of the headset

Right now you have to plug in a USB, put the headset on to allow the connection, take the headset off, then navigate to the DCIM folder in the Quest directory, then copy or cut to the PC. While it's awesome we can even do that, it's pretty unwieldy.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Guide/Guided mode for seniors

I would like to be able to take my 85 year old friend Bob on a guided experience in the Quest. One where his hand controls are disabled and we are in the same VR location. Bob would be able to look around and get the full VR experience, but he could not move his location or interact with the system. I have written up a longer description of this request here:

https://www.techenhancedlife.com/posts/guided-travels-vr-virtual-reality

I think you could have a tremendous impact on the lives of older adults with this feature. (You could also sell Quest headsets in batches of 10…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Download Oculus Browser possible bug fix

I noticed that downloading videos above 2GB in Oculus Browser doesn't actually result in download completion. Was this intended or am I missing something?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Better handling of Proximity when both the Headset and the Controllers are in the 'guardian trigger zone'

Hi,

There currently is a problem with the way Guardian handles proximity when both the controllers and the Headset are in close proximity of the boundary.

Currently:
    When the Headset is close to the boundary, the fading-in degree of the guardian boundary is Exclusively related to how close the Heaset is to the boundary.

What does that mean?
    If the headset is not close to the border, then guardian works fine. When controllers approach the boundary shows. As expected.

But when the headset is making the guardian appear, the fading degree will NOT be affected by how close the controllers…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Passthru controller markings for Right Left controller are the same

In passthru view in Polish language version both controllers are marked "P" as in "Prawy" meaning Right. There should be one "P"- Right one "L"-Left

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Try to patch xhelper malware

Symantec warning

To reset smartphone is useless. Android auto reinstall xhelper.

There is not in the app store yet, but other malware could take advantage from that Android's bug for persistence.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow PIP or two or more active apps or browser tabs

My lg and samsung android phones can do app screen split where i have two apps running actively on two sides of the same screen. With so much real estate in Vr world' why cant i have this in oculus?

Or PIP even.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Cast 3rd camera to PC, a variant of the existing Mixed Reality capture for OBS

Oculus recently posted an OBS Plugin and Android app that will sync a real camera position with the game scene, and then the Quest creates a 3rd camera. It sends 2 layers of visual information to the OBS plugin, being in front of & behind the player, which OBS then composits with the real player on a green screen, to make it look like the player is in the world.

As a developer, I'd like the ability to use a similar system to send that 3rd camera to the PC as a normal scene view - no OBS or real…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base