Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Welcome to the Oculus Quest feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Quest platform.We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Quest platform.
  • Core Software / Guardian: All Oculus Quest main menu, navigation, Guardian, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Oculus TV.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest!    
  1. Automatically create the guardian area

With the 3d data from Passthrough+ it should be straightforward to come up with a suggested play area after confirming the floor level.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Hand Tracking - Finger Snap to go to home menu

Use the Hand Tracking - Finger Snap to go to Oculus home menu, as an additional user option similar to the Thanos character.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Automatically detect a smartphone screen using passthrough to have it show up in VR.

Use the passthrough system to detect a smartphone screen and have it automatically show up on the headset.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Get rid of distracting bottom bar in browser full screen video.

There is an annoying bar at the bottom of full screen videos in the browser. I don’t know why the developer thought it was a good idea to have it so you can’t make it go away. Can there be an update to get rid of this bar. It’s so pointless and distracting.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. LBE arenas support

The Quest has so many advantages over what is currently being done in LBE arenas: real 6 degrees of freedom(no backpacks, no wires), ease of use, comfort.

However, as of today, the Guardian and some other API limitations (such as no access to the cameras, no way to place trackers to correct the tracking, 40 sq.m maximum surface) make it impossible to build immersive, multiplayer arenas experience for large rooms.

This could be solved by opening up or providing some special API for LBE arenas developers which would give more control over the guardian

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Individual Eye IPD adjustment

My eyes like many people are not an equal distance from the bridge of my nose so can’t quite get a sweet spot for viewing so independent adjustment for each eye would be great

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Create a setting called “Hey!”.

Create a setting called “Hey!”. What the sitting does is use is the X ternal camera to watch the environment. When someone comes into view and waves their arms up and down there looking for your attention. When this happened a notification pops up with hands waving. This will let them know that someone in the real world needs your attention.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Guardian temoin visible en un click

Souvent, j'écarte les bras pour voir où je suis dans mon guardian afin de jouer plus librement, mais parfois il ne s'allume pas car je suis trop loin des bords sans trop savoir où je suis.
    J'aimerais pouvoir voir le guardian si j'appuie sur un bouton pendant le jeu, pour me rassurer rapidement sur ma position. Mais si vous le faîtes, ce serait avec une option enable-disable car si on appuie sur ce bouton par erreur, ça va être plus ennuyant qu'utile.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Témoin d'écartement des lentilles oculaires gênant

J'ai des problèmes avec le témoin d'écartement des lentilles oculaires qui s'affiche lorsque le casque est trop secoué. Pendant les jeux violents comme la boxe , le témoin apparaît. Il n'y a pas de dysfonctionnement, ou de jeu dans mon bouton, un ami a le même problème, mais ce que j'aimerais c'est pouvoir désactiver ce témoin qui est de toute façon inutile, puisque qu'on sait très bien sans lui si on voit bien ou pas.
    Merci.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Adjust the depth.

I get sick fairly easy with stuff that is using 3D so if we can have some sort of depth slider within the settings like how the Nintendo 3DS has that would be great!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Global mute option

Quest should have a system setting to completely mute all other people (perhaps not mute friends but everyone else). I can't tell you how many games have people around me talking. I have zero interest, and just want to relax and enjoy myself.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow use of Avatar SDK in customs apps

Currently there is no way to test and implement the Avatar SDK in apps that haven’t been approved by Facebook for publishing. The issue is that there is use cases that don’t allow for publishing because of sensitive material.

I would like to see a way to be able to test and establish use cases for Avatars in experiences that do not want to apply for publishing.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Direct access to IPD callibration, the green lines crosshair from tutorial.

Due of users changes on the fly.

Probably near static position home button should be good...

...Near to sit position with lower floor than standard static, which would have too.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Can we get rid of the little black box with eyes that pop up when you addjust the focus? It seems unnessesary and it pops up while playing

Every time I play a game like beat saber or pistol whip I have to move my head causing the focus level scale to pop up needlessly telling me the number of focus and effectively blocking the view of oncoming beat blocks, bullets, zombies ect. I feel this should be removed or at least made transparent, after all the view is everything, why obstruct it?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I want to use an external microphone

I want to use an external microphone.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Tracking should stop turning on when set to off. User should have explicit control over tracking . Add modal tracking button for off.

Allow users to explicitly control tracking mode. You have button for standing or room scale. Add turn off tracking button on bar with the other modes.

Don't attempt to re-establish any tracking when the user has turned it off. If I want to read in bed at night I don't want it to attempt to establish tracking. Nor should dark users like me need to go into a setting menu to turn tracking off. Make dark mode a true mode. I use the quest in dark 3DOF mode 50% of the time I use the quest. It needs to as…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Intelligent passthrough for family safety

It would be nice to know if family members (pets and kids) get into your play area. There is a risk of sending someone to the ER when playing box vr for example. Warning about moving living objects in the near distance(when playing) would make me feel more at ease when swinging.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base