Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Welcome to the Oculus Quest feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Quest platform.We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Quest platform.
  • Core Software / Guardian: All Oculus Quest main menu, navigation, Guardian, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Oculus TV.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest!    
  1. Random Username Generator

Add a random username generator to your new account page https://secure.oculus.com/sign-up/. For examples https://github.com/search?q=username+generator. At that time; have the option for a new Facebook account to be created.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Support larger guardian areas via linking multiple of them

Leveraging the existing Guardian framework, provide a solution to link to directly connected/adjacent guardian areas by calculating the reference points which represent the overlap/boundary between them. Requiring the user to directly connect/overlap "adjacent" regions is the simple way to ensure safety.

Visually, convert this specific co-boundary to a different color to indicate it is shared. Under the hood, Quest would create a third "guardian overlap" region which represents some chosen distance centralized around the shared co-boundary. Think of a spotlight that appears when near this boundary. If you are within X inches of the co-boundary, you are subject to the…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Change the guardian system colours.

Change the guardian system colours from Blue to Red to something like Bright yellow To Green, just make sure you confirm in settings.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Guardian: Floor level adjustment removed in v10.

This idea was previously pitched and added into v7, though removed in v10.

Please add the option to adjust only the floor height again.

https://oculus.uservoice.com/forums/921937-oculus-quest/suggestions/37846837-guardian-allow-adjusting-only-the-floor-level-wit

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Window management (multiple browser windows etc. simple multi task)

Extra button on "windows" allowing you to pin let's say a browser window virtually on the home screen. Maybe even apps so you could run let's say browser and youtube at the same time. Or two browser instances side by side.

Basicly a simple multi-task function.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Please add a force quit app or force reboot system function, when system or app is crash

Hi, I find out some app may crash while playing. When the game or app is crash, the system will just hang there, it can't reboot or do anything. It just wait until the system pop up the menu app is not working. Or maybe just add a function the long press power button will force reboot that would be help.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Wired Controller support

Wired controller support would be great so that beloved controllers can be used without needing to be Bluetooth. For example my Virtual Boy controller.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Need major update about crashing and fixing time on the quest

You need to do a major update on the software side so one doesn't consistently get kicked out of apps and games after playing 15-30 minutes, sometimes sooner. I.E. Bigscreen, dead and burried 2, And a bunch of others that's fast pace games. Need to put more adjustable things like time and date in the settings. One shouldn't have to factory reset the quest and lose all data everytime the quest acts up. Thats really the only fix your techs have, which isn't their fault

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow one lens to be disabled.

As someone with only one working eye, I would like to be able to turn off one of the lenses, to potentially gain some performance and battery life.

Thank’s for looking!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Party Rooms

So a quick run down of my idea is to have a home menu for party’s. people can see others in the same room, and decide on games to play or just hang and chill out

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Bypass Oculus Home GPU Check

It would be great if there was a switch to bypass the GPU check in the Oculus Home App. There are other GPUs that will work, albeit not as "well" as the minimum required GPU, but well enough for some of us who would like to use the Oculus Link and play Rift games with our Quest.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Decrease the time when force shutting down apps

Currently when trying to force shutdown an app when it isn't working (i.e. Oculus Link Beta) the only way to shut it down through the headset is to hold the Oculus button for ~10 seconds.

My view on this is, if a prompt appears regardless-asking the user to "Close app" or "Wait"-then there shouldn't be any harm in decreasing that timeout to something more user friendly like 2-3 seconds.

From a developer's perspective, this should also be a quick and easy enough usability improvement to implement and would be a nice for those times when an app simply won't work..

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Fix the installation software

I tried to install oculus software on my PC. My C: is full and wanted to install your software on a different drive. This is something I have done scores of times with other software with no problem but your installation requires the customer to go into Run command prompt and basically recode the software!

I suggest you get the it team together and get them to fix this obvious problem.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Revert UX / UI back to intuitive state

As you've probably guessed by now, no one likes the new update where you have removed the controller battery percentage and replaced with it wth 3 green dots. As I've been working in UX /UI since the 80's, this is an obvious school boy error: you don't replace information that gave the user 100 states with only 3 (!). I suggest you update with either a user defined Toggle or put it back how it was (if it's not broken don't fix it). It's quite useless because now it's incredibly difficult or near impossible to gauge when the controllers need…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Option to choose between 60Hz/72Hz for videos

After the latest 7.0 update, some apps lower the refresh rate to 60Hz for videos such as Gallery and Youtube. The intention was for smoother video playback when framerate is 30fps. But the flickering is very noticeable especially in light backgrounds and can cause nausea. Having the ability to force the old behavior where refresh rate is always 72Hz in the system settings is desirable.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. How to remove apps from the Not installed tab ???

Hi, How do I remove the Demo apps from Not Installed area? There are also apps like VR Chat that I tried and did not like. How do I remove this and other apps I have tried and have no intention of ever installing again.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. IPD UI - add the green "+" from the ergonomics video

Hello,

The latest version of the Quest software shows an IPD adjustment overlay when you push the IPD adjustment lever at the bottom. That's great if you know your IPD but that's rarely the case with people new to VR.

From my experience the Quest ergonomics intro let's me better adjust the display, you remember that thin green horizontal and vertical lines? Is it possible to bring that green thing in the IPD UI overlay? That way when we give the headset to someone we can ask them to push the button and move the headset up and down and…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 3D (Voxel) guardian system

It would be very nice if the gaming area could be ground three-dimensionally.
    Alternatively, it would be even better to use the scanned 3D mesh in the form of a convex hull with adjustable shrink offset.
    As a developer, I would also love to be able to use the 3D scanned mesh for games.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Change position of live stream info

When you are live streaming and it shows who is watching and also their comments that little black window can sometimes be slap bang in the middle of what you are trying to look at. Would be great if you could move it around depending on what game/app you are playing.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base