Oculus Quest

Welcome to the Oculus Quest feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Quest platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Quest platform.
  • Core Software / Guardian: All Oculus Quest main menu, navigation, Guardian, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Oculus TV.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest!    
  1. Option to disable the new lens-distance pop-up

The new pop-up display showing the lens distance is too sensitive.

It frequently appears during rapid head movements, and is distracting from gameplay.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Forced crosshair option for motion sickness reduction

Mirror's edge developers noticed that no crosshair in beta version caused motion sickness... Playing in TV!

A crosshair for look everytime to screen center prevents motion sickness.

I tested a few spaceship games doing acrobacyes and when i fix my eyes to static crosshair i don't feel motion sickness. The big problem comes when i look to objects of the world relativelly moving when i move or rotate.

A simple overlay crosshair option would be very useful with an explaination for suggest that.

Some people feels motion sickness with original Doom because weapon is constantly moving with no crosshair because…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Universal Share button like Android on cellphone OS

The Quest OS is great! I love how simple is to navigate it. I wish it was designed with sharing options in mind, just like the OS on our cellphones. If I have an image in my Gallery app, it should be simple to just hit a button and share that image with a friend in my oculus contacts or another messaging app , or on Facebook . The same with videos, apps in the store, links to websites, etc . This will help making the Quest also a more social platform. Thanks!

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Voice control, native or via Google Assistant

Being able to run an app, change settings or even turn my lights on and off with voice control would be cool.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Make the universal menu bar customisable, like the Android notifications menu

The ability to customise the UM bar would be great. It could include favourite apps, bookmarks, and quick settings.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Have the quest be able to connect to a computer and play games on that

On the quest you don’t have many games but if you could connect it to a computer and be able to play games on the computer in VR though you would need viruse protection

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Guardian system - Retry button

My guardian is set up for IR-lighting in my playspace. It works great.

However, if I forget to turn off the room light, and turn on the IR-LED spot before I put on the Quest, the Quest doesn't recognise the playspace and prompts a guarding setup request.

Please add a retry button, to recognise the playspace once the correct lighting has been restored.

It's quite bothersome to setup the guardian over and over again, although the playspace should already been recognized and saved multiple times.

Thanks

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Tracking lost, prevent jumping to Oculus home

Head tracking is pretty good for the Quest, nevertheless if the tracking gets lost sometimes then the application is interrupted jumping to Oculus home - why?

It would be a much smoother experience if the applications could catch those tracking lost notifications and e.g. freeze the image until the tracking is re-established.

This hard cut makes for me no sense at all. It is both very prominent and immersion breaking.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Better Battery Usage

When it detects that it's clearly not moving, the oculus quest should shut down, even if its face-detector sensor is triggered. I've had several frustrating times when I go to put the headset on and it's dead because I stored the controllers inside the headstrap (bundled together to save space) and the sensor was triggered, leading the headset to turn on.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Quest integrated audio and microphone are not a very good in social experinces and could use improvement

The headphones are Quest are HORRIBLE for social gaming because the mic pics up game audio and echos it back. Rift S and Quest users in games like Rec Room or BigScreen can really harm the overall experience because the feedback/echos are so distracting.

Push to talk would be one simple method to reduce this problem.

However, I think you need to implement some intelligent noise canceling otherwise the integrated headphones really harm social VR for everybody.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Please correct the error in the oculus quest, where during the Facebook broadcast you can turn on either the mycraphon or the sound from the

Please correct the error in the oculus quest, where during the Facebook broadcast you can turn on either the microphone or the sound from the game, we all want people to hear our voices and the sound of the game. You can also add the live feature to YouTube. We 're also missing out on microphone accessories.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Volume Balance Control

I have partial hearing loss in one ear, a balance control would be nice. This would help a lot in apps where sound cues are an important component.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Adjustable Haptics on Quest

It might be cool if in the main settings would be an option to adjust levels of rumbling - from OFF to way more intense feedback levels than these available now.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow user defined game/app groups

Let me make groups to store my apps in. For example, I'd like to keep my "beaten but fun enough to mess around in" games in a separate group so I can more easily find the ones I'm still playing.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Developer options: Remember that the guardian is disabled after standby/reboot

This was removed in the latest update and it's really frustrating: When I disable the guardian system in developer options it turns itself back on when the headset is restarted. A second checkbox with: 'remember after reboot/standby' would be a very welcome addition.

The current behaviour is very inconvenient as I only develop for the quest in my free time and thus the headset is turned on and off quite frequently.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I want to use an external microphone

I want to use an external microphone.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Fix Gallery photo smearing!

Both Oculus Go and Oculus Quest applies heavy pixel smoothing in Gallery when viewing 180º3D or 360º3D photos for no explicable reason. We put a lot of effort in creating sharp and detailed VR180 photos and videos and keep hearing the feedback "videos look good but why are the photos blurry?" -from friends watching them in these headsets.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 4 point play area setup

Draw a square play area by only pointing 4 corners,
    or holding your controller in the four corners and pressing a button.
    See SteamVR Pro setup

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Play in front of a mirror = body tracking

Cheap where available.
    Worth experimenting.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base