Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Welcome to the Oculus Quest feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Quest platform.We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Quest platform.
  • Core Software / Guardian: All Oculus Quest main menu, navigation, Guardian, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Oculus TV.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest!    
  1. Cast mobile screen to Oculus Quest to see videos from any apps such as Romwod, Masterclass, etc.

Cast mobile screen to Oculus Quest to see videos from any apps such as Romwod, Masterclass, etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Companion App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. BUG report

I tried mirroring to iPhone11Pro MAX and recording the screen with the "screen recording" function of iPhone. In that case, the screen freezes for a few seconds at random intervals. Hope to improve.

It stops twice in the video.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Spotify Integration

Music to play in the background while playing games that you can quickly access to adjust audio and which side gets more audio would be excellent! If you can't work with Spotify, then at least add a payed music one like YouTube premiums background playing. This would also mean you would have to create another tab for whatever music program being used.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. The Oculus Desktop application should boot on the start of windows, be minimized to tray, and be "quieter"

I love using the Oculus Link with my Quest, but I have issues with the Oculus Desktop client which prevent myself from loving the experience more. First off, for whatever reason there isn't a toggle native to the program that allows it to boot immediately off the start. Secondly, it would be nice if it were minimized to the tray. Thirdly, whenever I start using the link the program immediately pops up on my screen where I constantly have to minimize the program to keep it out of mind.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Face time call

Make voice/video calls in VR, could display our avatar in video calls

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add companion app for Apple computers

Idk about anyone else, but I am apart of an Apple family. We have MacBooks, iPhones, and iPads. So I was wondering if oculus could bring the companion app to MacBook/ Mac in the future?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add the Ability to remove old computers

Add the Ability to remove old computers in Oculus companion app
    🙏

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add the Ability to remove old computers

Add the Ability to remove old computers in Oculus companion app...
    🙏

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add the Ability to remove old computers

Add the Ability to remove old computers in Oculus companion app...
    🙏

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Offline Casting Feature

One of the main pros of the quest is that you can take it anywhere you want and show others how great VR is but since casting requires an Internet Connection showing off VR isnt as good whithout internet as no one can see whats going on.
    Thats why I think an offline solution maybe even through WiFi but without it actually beeing connected to the internet might be a good and necessary feature.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Oculus app camera roll

I would like to see my camera roll in my app, and also add microphone recording when you record inside the headset. Because my pc is broken, I need another way to record

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. UNITY Development Hands-On Training while in VR

Create a course (similar to other programing apps like DuoLingo, etc) that helps you learn how to create VR experiences while using the VR set.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow a way for people to get your attention with the companion app

It's hard for family members that have something urgent to tell you to get your attention while you're in VR, especially with full headphone/earphone on. One of the way i can think of is to let people talk to the phone's microphone, and feed the audio to the headset. To put things into perspective, my wife told me trying to get my attention when i'm playing beat saber is like reaching her hand into moving fan.

When introducing VR to friends, i would like them to have full immersive experience, that means using earphone for full audio immersion instead of…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Please check the compatibility of "MSI PS42 Modern 8RC" , GTX 1050 with the Oculus app

Hello,
    My laptop is "MSI PS42 Modern 8RC" with the "GTX 1050 4GB"
    graphics card.
    When I try the "Oculus app" to connect Oculus Quest, the app always displays a red bar, saying "Oculus has encountered an error. Please restart your computer or contract Oculus Support ”.
    I feel it is not a performance issue with the graphics card, because I have successfully connected on a "GTX 730 GPU" computer.( the screen display very lag)
    So I think in theory, on the 1050 GPU, at least it should be able to connect successfully, instead of only showing a error red…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Make the ability to call Facebook Portals!

There is a Fisheye camera that would work amazing for VR and on the other side you would just set it up as an audio call. or make it in conjunction with another portal to still have two way video.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Custom songs for best saber

I heard you bought beat saber. So I was hoping you could add something into the game on all platforms. It could be like a search bar so you can just search for custom songs without having to download them. It would make it easier for every vr and psvr would finally have custom songs. Please look into this as I also have a psvr alongside my quest and I really think this would be a great idea and would make the community really happy.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Companion App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Why should I have to leave my Oculus Quest just to read Facebook? Fix a nice fancy Facebook VR client so we don't have to leave this unit.

A really nice Facebook VR app is missing at least for the Oculus Quest.
    Would be so nice to have a fancy VR GUI to navigate Facebook while we are still using our unit.

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Support

You really really really need tech support. You use to have a phone number I could call but now you do not. I would not buy this from oculus again unless this changes

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Make recorded clips viewable on the companion app.

Add audio from gameplay and microphone and recording clips but also make recorded clips to your wall from a mobile phone or tablet via the computer and it would be like adding a cloud for your recorded clips

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. "Companion App" on the Quest itself.

I don't own a phone, so it's been a high-friction part of the Quest's usability, but even if I had one -- why? Why aren't the Quest's features and options controlled from itself? Wouldn't this be easier for everyone if they didn't have to use their phone? Maybe not because everyone is more attached to their phone than anything...

The only rationale I can think of is that it was convenient to have the device initialized with an account (from the phone). But the need for multiple accounts is strong and this probably also requires some account management and ability…

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base