Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Welcome to the Oculus Quest feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Quest platform.We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Quest platform.
  • Core Software / Guardian: All Oculus Quest main menu, navigation, Guardian, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Oculus TV.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest!    
  1. Option to shut down or restart the Quest through the Oculus app

Often, the last person to use a Quest could be someone not familiar with how to turn it off after use. Providing an option in the Oculus app to shut it down or restart it without having to put on the headset would be great!

48 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Companion App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Oculus app not playing trailers

Hi there,
    I’m on iPhone 11, iOS 14.2 and am unable to watch game trailers in the Oculus app on my phone. I press play on a trailer and within the first second or two the whole screen goes black, there’s no picture or sound and I can’t interact with the app at all. So the only way to get back to the app is to restart it. I can still watch trailers through the headset though.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. mac version for oculus app

Can we mac a mac version for the oculus app to use with the oculus link

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Companion App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Lag free video casting via USB C

As I understand it, the Oculus does not have the ability to support USB C to HDMI for real-time viewing as it is missing the necessary hardware. If however a user could be allowed to connect a USB C cable from the Oculus and directly into a USB C hub (already supported) attached to a Chromecast TV, users would then only need a companion android application to view a lag free real-time view.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Companion App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. iPhone 12 mini app issue

Do you know that the oculus iPhone app doesn’t work well on the new iPhone 12 mini? The top and bottom edges of the app function almost nonexistent. The new smaller screen size has created an issue in using the app now.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Fix companion app compatibility on Android

Currently using a Google Pixel 5, which is kind of the gold standard of what Google thinks an Android phone should be, and there's A HUGE issue with app compatibility. I am assuming that if it shows it on this device it's likely an issue on more. The notification/status bar at the top of the screen somehow covers all the buttons at the top of the screen, making it near impossible to touch any of the phone at the top. All it does is start to open the notification pane. Sometimes I can get around it by going to settings…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Please work on getting the Oculus to cast to Roku devices.

I would love for my teens to be able to share what they are seeing with their friends and with each other when they play to make it more of a family experience than just an isolated one. We only have smart t.v's or Roku in our televisions and can't cast to the Roku. It would be wonderful if it worked on other devices and not just the Chromecast or Google Home ones.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Show Elite Strap with Battery charge status in App

Show the status of the Elite Strap Battery in the Companion App along with the regular battery and controller battery status.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Please I beg I pray....PARENTAL CONTROLS!!

Please give better parental controls you’d be gaining sales by doing this so you keep your customers happy and gain more revenue

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Cast to samsung smart tv's and xbox via google and add the choice to not crop the cast on phone

Cast to samsung smart tv's, its dumb to not be abpe to cast to smart tvs that are able to... and the crops on the phone app is horrible.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Fix cut out display bug in Oculus app on Android

The Oculus Android app does not account for the top speaker cut out on the Pixel 3XL phone. As a result, the top of the app is behind the system tray and partially obstructed by the cut out. This makes it difficult to use the search box. Official Android documentation on how to fix it is here. https://developer.android.com/guide/topics/display-cutout

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Companion App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Your oculus link is an absolute piece of ****!!!!!

I purchased this for my son as he wanted to play Roblox and Minecraft in VR. Big mistake!!! After I purchased the head set with the usb cable, I learn that the computer we have is not enough. So I go and spend another $1500 on a gaming computer install software from you, and I have spent the last 8 hours trying to set it up and make it work!!! Your help is absolutely !!! I have spent $2000 on this system and I cannot get it to work and my son is upset that I can’t get it to

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. The Android Oculus app on Android 11, Pixel 5, doesn't handle screen insets properly, and has its toolbar half overlapped by the status bar.

The status bar overlapping the toolbar looks bad it still works but I think it could be better. Spending some time with a library like Chris Baines Insetter might be what you need.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add fitness stats the the oculus app

It just helps with sharing and logging exercises along with it being possible to simplify the process of connecting external fitness apps if you were to.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Cloud storage pictures/recordings

In this day and age, a more elegant solution would be expected to store screenshots or recordings.
    I'd prefer storing those on, for example, Dropbox or Google drive, but I understand that Facebook rather keeps this on house. So why not setup a cloud storage service like that, by Facebook, to store this kind of data, and have a windows/Mac/Linux/iOS/android client application that can access this data?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. please fix your "add payment" issue

i have tried multiple times to add a paypal account to the app and have been unsuccessful. this is unacceptable and it should be a simple process to have multiple accounts linked and working without it saying

"Something went wrong and we were unable to add this payment method. Please try again."

Fix your payment methods so customers can have other ways of paying for your content and services

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Oculus Watch

An oculus watch that can be detect in the VR so you can receive phone notification or even a gadget that could be use in game etc..

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Video saving feature for the oculus app

Add a feature to the oculus app that allows users to save videos that were recorded in the quest 2.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base