Oculus Quest

Welcome to the Oculus Quest feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Quest platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Quest platform.
  • Core Software / Guardian: All Oculus Quest main menu, navigation, Guardian, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Oculus TV.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest!    
  1. Add option to remove red dot when casting to phone/other device

One of the main use cases for the casting feature is to have someone unfamiliar with the Quest using it and someone else watching what they are doing and helping them. However, turning on casting currently adds an annoying red dot that detracts from the experience of the person using the headset. Please add an option to remove it.

1,616 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

78 comments  ·  Companion App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ability to Cast unknown sources

Casting everything in the headset is crucial for guiding and sharing experiences in VR. Please support casting projects from unknown sources. This is helpful for devs, tinkerers, and folks who want to experiment with VR but aren't ready or don't want to monetize their projects and submit to the Oculus Store.

560 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Companion App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. When Casting to a phone, let us use the touch screen as a pointer or controller to help the Quest Guest understand

It would be much easier to see and click for the Quest Guest than to try to describe what we want him to do.

330 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Companion App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Smart TV apps for casting directly to a TV

Currently casting to a TV requires a Chromecast. It would be great if there were Oculus apps for Roku, Amazon Fire Stick, etc to make it easier to cast to a TV

231 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Companion App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. AppleTV Oculus app

I like the way team Oculus handled the store. I’d love to see an AppleTV app similar to the one on my phone. Browsing on the TV would be a nice experience. Casting to the AppleTV would be even better!

Would this be difficult to do since the iOS app already exists?

144 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Companion App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Give the ability to name your headset

Will be helpful for organization and casting a headset when you have multiple but don’t know the codes by heart. I’ve provided an image for what it can look like with the rename ability.

58 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Companion App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. iPad App

The App on the iPad is just the phone app running half size in portrait mode. For better interaction and streaming enjoyment a proper iPad app would really help.

67 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Companion App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow setting profile picture from mobile app

Currently, the Oculus profile picture can only be set from the Rift desktop app. Please add this option in the mobile companion app so Quest and Go users can also set a profile picture.

47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Companion App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Companion App: Battery Notification + Refresh

Two things that could make the companion app better:

1) An alert to my phone when the battery is charged to X%

2) The ability to refresh my view of the headset. When I look at the settings of my headset in the current app, I can see the current battery percentage, but if I check again, I have to force-quit the app to see updated information.

47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Companion App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Tour Guide Mode

The Quest is turning out to be a lot of people's first experiences with VR. I've been able to walk people through it using casting.

The weirdest part so far is explaining the IPD adjustment to someone who's never put on a VR headset before.

Having the ability to somehow interact with what people are seeing, or talk to them through headphones, or pull up specific apps/YouTube videos would be nice.

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Companion App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Native Discord support

Native support for popular voice communications (ie: Discord) while gaming would be great. Cross-play between quest and PC users is troublesome without it.

Current workarounds are klunky

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. "Companion App" on the Quest itself.

I don't own a phone, so it's been a high-friction part of the Quest's usability, but even if I had one -- why? Why aren't the Quest's features and options controlled from itself? Wouldn't this be easier for everyone if they didn't have to use their phone? Maybe not because everyone is more attached to their phone than anything...

The only rationale I can think of is that it was convenient to have the device initialized with an account (from the phone). But the need for multiple accounts is strong and this probably also requires some account management and ability…

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Why should I have to leave my Oculus Quest just to read Facebook? Fix a nice fancy Facebook VR client so we don't have to leave this unit.

A really nice Facebook VR app is missing at least for the Oculus Quest.
    Would be so nice to have a fancy VR GUI to navigate Facebook while we are still using our unit.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Companion app functionality in Windows Oculus app (casting, etc)

It would be nice to be able to do things that the companion app provides like casting and software installation with a Windows device. A mobile phone screen is not great for allowing more than one person to view gameplay, and many of us have a Surface or other Windows tablet/laptop devices that would serve the purpose much better. It would also be nice to be able to shop/install/view device info from the Windows app like you can do with the Rift.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Manage Browser bookmarks from Oculus app

I often see posts about WebVR experiences when browsing online on my phone or computer - actually getting to them on my Quest involves remembering details or trying to look down awkwardly to read a url.

It would be much easier if I could add a bookmark using the Oculus app. That way whenever I find something I want to look at next time I’m in VR I could add the bookmark right away and then it would be there next time I open the browser.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Companion App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. "People You Recently Played With" Feature

It would be good if there was a feature in the app or headset that said "People You Recently Played With" and then listed them as I see people in games over and over in Elven Assassin etc but I can never remember their names to search for them afterward.

If it showed a list of people I played against and on co-op with it would make it easier to reconnect with people I meet in different games.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add an option on the mobile app to view captures

Add an option to view captures on the mobile companion app so we can show people recordings and photos on the go

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Access and download recordings from Phone

Right now there are only a few options to download your own recordings. You can connect the Quest to a PC or you can stream to Facebook (which reduces quality and increases stuttering based on connection). I propose the ability to access videos on the device directly from inside the companion app. This process would make it easier for those of us who wish to create content for others to enjoy without the fear of quality. If the Quest could also record your voice, that would be great as well and rid us of awkward videos where people talk to…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Disc Cleanup Tool w. a simple graphical presentation of disc usage

Sooner or later will all face that moment when we need to remove an app or two to fit our new purchase, but how many and which of my old apps do I want to remove?

By displaying app size data graphically, as a pie chart for example, it becomes easier to decide what apps to remove.

Specifically, when a user try to add an app that does not fit on disc, give the option to 'Clean Drive', if started from here the cleaner is provided with the space required for the new app. The user can now mark apps…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Bring the hulu app to quest

Been waiting for hulu since launch why have Netflix but not hulu when hulu is way better

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base