Touch Controller Tracking
Touch Controllers have 2 major issues ATM.
- Close to head tracking is terrible
- Looking straight ahead and grabbing something from your belt (magazine lets say)
Both should be fixed, as these are the 2 main immersion braking / frustrating Bugs
Good news! As part of the build 7.0 update that began to roll out yesterday, we’ve made performance improvements to better track your Touch controller movements in VR. These updates, which are also applicable for Rift S, include the following:
- Improved tracking when controllers are close to the headset and at angles turned away from the headset.
- Improved tracking in difficult poses such as an underhand throwing motion.
- Reduced re-acquisition time when controller tracking is lost.
- You can now use both of your Touch controllers at the same time when interacting with different elements such as the keyboard, Oculus Store and Library.
Full release notes can be found here: https://support.oculus.com/530422364162501/#faq_530422364162501
We hope you enjoy these improvements!
What is the version number? I don't seem to have the update.