Oculus Quest

Welcome to the Oculus Quest feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Quest platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Quest platform.
  • Core Software / Guardian: All Oculus Quest main menu, navigation, Guardian, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Oculus TV.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest!    
  1. Allow prepaid or gift cards to be used in the Oculus store.

I would like to give an Amazon card or other gift card to an Oculus user.
    I have lost track of the number of $25 itunes cards I use for music and books.
    You are missing out on some bucks by being tied to credit cards.
    Please make this improvement to acquiring your dandy apps.

74 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add twitch streaming

There is a way to stream on Facebook but it isn’t much of a streaming site. A twitch application would need to be added. Of course devs choice if it can be streamed

74 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Sit in a virtual copy of my room with another quest user by mapping my room to gaurdian with panoramic camera.

Map my play space with guardian.

Take a panoramic image with oculus app and overlay on guardian.

Share mapped space with another quest user.

Sit together in my living room with a user who is miles away.

74 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  First Party Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Built in recording feature not using mic (possible update in future?)

For content creators such as myself, I would like to do just one action, plug in my Quest, and upload. But right now, I can not as the built in recording feature will not activate the mic allowing me to record my voice.

I hope there will someday be a much easier way to record a video for Youtube instead of having to remain seated, put an external headset over the Quest, and use an external program like Audacity just to record our voice. the main selling point of the Quest is that there are no wires, and sadly, it…

74 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Make Beat Saber cross-buy

Now that Facebook owns Beat Games, Beat Saber should be a cross-buy compatible title. Frankly, this should’ve been announced at the same time as the acquisition.

Offering store credit to those who have already bought both versions would prevent any complaints.

73 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  First Party Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add an option in the Quest Home Menu (in **** room) to power off the device.

Currently, the physical power button and onscreen confirmation are only way to power off the device. The physical button is sometimes hard to find, especially for kids or new users. And if you take off the device to find the power button, you have to put it back on to confirm shutdown.

Would be nice to just have a power off option in the menu. Power off, confirm, and done.

73 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Enable true update on demand for quest and desktop releases. Stop forcing users to wait for stated rollouts that take too long.

Adding an update button that still will not work until your device is added to the staggered rollout is pointless. Please make Quest and PC updates available to those that want to actively update immediate. Don't make us wait until our device is added to the deployment.

Staged rollouts for those that do not want to actively update are fine. But give us the power to update on the day software releases if we want to.

72 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Fix internal recording to sync audio

Internally recorded vids, The audio is always out of sync. Makes making vids very hard

68 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Adjustment targets on demand

Please add the ability to bring up the IPD adjustment, and horizontal fit targets on demand and without going through other set-up tasks to get there. Also add an IPD read-our whenever the IPD slider is adjusted, this will help immensely when swapping the headset back and forth, and will create a much better “first impression” for sharing the headset with new users, the number one complaint I get when showing off my quest is “it’s still blurry/I’m seeing a bit double/ I’m going cross eyed”

68 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Prices according to countries..

Hi dear Oculus team ,

I live in Turkey...I am so happy to have oculus quest...

My concern is,
    The prices of games are really high when we convert it Dollars to Turkish lira...I believe that you should arrange prices according to countries economic situation... We are equal, but not living in same conditions..

(For your information please check other companies prices : Apple games - Steam games - Google play etc.. These carriers prices were adjusted according to the situation in Turkey. )

I hope, I expressed myself well.

Sincerely,

67 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. FIRMWARE UPDATE

FIRMWARE UPDATE OCULUS QUEST

I heard about the oculus Quest firmware update just by chance. I have not received any notification and the instructions shown online to activate automatic updates have not been used since this function is not present on the oculus app. I had to contact the assistance that suggested I leave the Quest on for 4 hours and wait for the automatic update. Successful update!
    Would not it be better a simple notification of a new update in the menu with the choice to download it and install it immediately or later !?
    Thank you

67 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Ability to chante the 6 Quick Start App Buttons in the new V15 UI

Please let us change the 6 Quick Start App Buttons in the new V15 UI with our own Favorite games/apps or at least with the most used apps / games

66 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add zero caliber to oculus quest

Add zero caliber to oculus quest

66 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Ignore acceleration sensor in stationary guardian mode

I love using my Go when on trains and planes for sitting experiences and movies and was hoping with the Quest I could do the same and have roomscale at my destination. However I learned today after trying it that the Quest seems to use the accelerometer/IMU in tracking and when the train inwas on slowed or accelerated I **** through the guardian awkwardly and then the Quest crashed. Please allow the Quest to work on moving vehicles in stationary mode by disabling the accelerometer.

66 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 65 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Make it easier to play/chat with friends

All of the Oculus platforms need a more refined party/friend system. It can be very frustrating trying to play online multiplayer games with friends. It’s most evident in a game like Dead and Buried II which is developed by Oculus Studios. You have to randomly spawn into the same instance of the hub world as your friends. It’s incredibly frustrating and time consuming.

Also,party chat needs a way to make it private. Lots of us play online multiplayer games as a way to hang out with friends. If I’m worrying about being constantly interrupted, accidentally letting personal info slip, censoring…

65 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Reasons for rejection

Just give a reason to the devs when rejecting their game or application for the Quest. I've seen too many stories of rejections for what look like great applications for the Quest. It's sad to see a dev put so many hours of their time building a product for your platform and then for the curation team to not even offer a reason for rejecting their application. The hardware, software and marketing teams have done a great job with the Oculus Quest so far but the curation team is distancing a lot of users developers, and potential buyers from a…

64 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Please be quicker at approving dev requests for oculus quest

Counter fight (and its siblings) are literally 1 of the only games I repeatedly played on playstation VR and almost 1 of the reasons I didn't get the oculus quest was because it didn't have it. The graphics aren't that intense so I know it can be easily ported and I know the devs are trying to get approval for it for the oculus quest so PLEASE APPROVE IT. There really aren't many games on the quest right now, which is a huge reason people who have used vrs in the past I think like myself might not want to…

64 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Have Night Mode switch automatically based on time schedule set by the user or sunrise/sunset

Basically the title, it's kinda annoying to set it/turn it off every time you enter the headset. I don't think an additional option of time schedule would hurt anyone, rather just bring more customisation.

63 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. The Spider Man Far From Home Game Should Be Released on Quest

For the past month. Many videos have been made over the Spider Man Far From Home Game for Virtual Reality. Playable on the Oculus Rift and HTC Vive. But some of these videos are people playing the game on the Quest through side loading or ALVR and in these videos, it handles very smoothly. I see no reason to why the game shouldn’t be on the Oculus Quest. It would truly be a great addition to the Quests Apps as the Quest is tether free and will be a more immersive experience playing as Spider Man.

62 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base