Oculus Quest

Welcome to the Oculus Quest feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Quest platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Quest platform.
  • Core Software / Guardian: All Oculus Quest main menu, navigation, Guardian, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Oculus TV.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest!    
  1. Allow us to use the high bandwidtch USB C connection to use the quest as a PC VR headset.

Allow us to use the high bandwidth USB C connection to use the quest as a PC VR headset.

1,350 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

25 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Good news! This morning we officially announced Oculus Link. Oculus Link is a new way for people who own Quest and a gaming PC to access content from the Rift Platform. We’ll release the software in beta this November, as an update to our Oculus desktop app, and it will work with most high-quality USB 3 cables. Later this year, we’ll also release a premium optical fiber cable to provide a best-in-class experience with maximum throughput to run Rift content and enough length so you can move easily in VR.

Check out the following blog post for more info: https://www.oculus.com/blog/oculus-quest-at-oc6-introducing-hand-tracking-oculus-link-passthrough-on-quest-and-more/

2. 572 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

33 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Ability to Cast unknown sources

Casting everything in the headset is crucial for guiding and sharing experiences in VR. Please support casting projects from unknown sources. This is helpful for devs, tinkerers, and folks who want to experiment with VR but aren't ready or don't want to monetize their projects and submit to the Oculus Store.

518 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Remove prompt in headset for casting

Most of the times when I want to cast from my Quest to my phone, it is to supervise the VR experience of someone with little VR experience.

Having the prompt inside the VR headset to accept the casting becomes tricky with inexperienced users, who usually don't understand how to navigate the UI or aren't fully spatially aware -- so while they're struggling, I can't see what they see.

The phone I'm casting to is already logged into my account, why is this permission step needed? Or possibly have a setting to disable or always accept the casting via a…

373 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Change the Quest FCC certification and up the display to 90Hz, at least when connected to PC VR

I just saw John Carmack mention this in his OC6 talk. I mean, come on, if there's a chance you can up this thing to 90Hz, even if it's only for desktop mode, then you really should make this happen. Yeah, it's a hassle and cost on your side, but not one customer is going to complain about you making their VR experience the best it can be, especially when from their end there's no hassle involved in getting that.

241 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Clarify the ToS on modding of games, specifically BeatOn for Beat Saber

Due to the new ToS being shown in the "Unknown Sources" section, and the implications of it being unclear, the very popular mod "BeatOn" for custom songs, sabers and platforms for Beat Saber was discontinued. Since Beat Saber and Custom Songs are a huge buying incentive for a lot of people interested in the Quest, a statement should be made whether this type of mod is considered illicit or is accepted by Oculus.

210 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

33 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add several Savegame Slots to each Game as a Standard

Having several Family Members it would be a good improve to add a Oculus Developer Policy to add several Savegame Slots to each Game.

Currently this is not common and i am sure this Feature being added as a Standard would make Quest / Go / Rift so much better for everyone to enjoy the Gaming Experience.

183 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add a possibility to Store / Backup Savegame Data using either USB Cable on PC/Mac or a Cloud / E-Mail Solution

It is currently not possible to secure Oculus Quest Savegame Data.

This means, that after a factory Reset all your Game Data is lost.

Great would be a Menu which lets you select the Games to Save / Backup its Data in a Database export.

The Database then could be stored locally and able to be transfered to

- a PC / Mac using USB Cable
    - Cloud upload

157 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. The Insta360 App should not have been rejected on the Oculus Quest.

I am a 360 and 180 video and photo enthusiast. I recently purchased an Insta360 Evo camera and was very disappointed to find that the Insta360 App is not available on the Oculus Quest, but it is available on the Oculus Go.

The Insta360 App allows photos and videos to be viewed and uploaded wirelessly between camera and the Oculus Go headset.

See the following in depth YouTube video to see this...

https://youtu.be/nBGHA1zZ5ks

This App gives immediately feedback on what you have photographed.

I wrote to Insta360 and they told me that Oculus declined to give permission for the App…

146 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

48 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add cut and paste

Not sure why this wasn’t implemented yet

140 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Over-ear headphones

Clip on over-ear headphones, similar to the Rift's.

133 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Require all games to offer multiple "save slots"

If all games were required to offer multiple game progress "save slots", this would be a trivial impact to data storage, while also providing multiple user access that EVERY CONSOLE IN THE LAST 20 YEARS HAS HAD.

Multiple game save slots:

1. Reduce friction to get new users into VR! While not negatively harming your PAYING CUSTOMERS!

2. Save the environment as fewer Quests need to be made/bought to share VR within a specific physical location (home). This reduction in materials consumption is needed more and more these days.

3. Reduce the electricity requirements needed, as compared to 2 Quests.

110 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 105 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Make entering passwords easier!!

I use a password manager for all my passwords. As such, they are long and complicated. Having to manually enter passwords in things like Sling under the Oculus TV app is near impossible. I have to look at my phone or computer to see the password, look back in the quest, click to capitalize or see symbols, click the characters I could remember, and go back and forth putting this in.

Allow us to log in to things via the companion app. Or utilize the method my Roku TV does, when signing in to some things it shows a URL…

92 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Make the nose piece a little more plush

I pretty much have a normal nose, but am experiencing quite a bit of light leaking into the headset, even with the straps pulled very tightly.

92 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Make all games to be able to stream to TV without the need for the phone.

Make the Oculus stream directly to the chromecast without the need for a phone.

88 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Replaceable lenses

Ability to purchase and replace scratched lenses with either direct replacements or prescription lenses. Either that or diopters.

83 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Early Access Store

There's so many games that are in early access and aren't on Oculus Quest store because of strict requirements.

It'd be really great if early access apps were added, but somehow in a way that everyone who downloaded them recognized that they are unfinished so the quality of the Oculus Quest store can maintain it's same standard of quality.

For example; there could be a simple setting that enables these types of apps and provides an explicit warning that they are unfinished.

81 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Separate app and chat volume control

We should be able to control app volume and chat volume separately.

75 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Voice enabled search

The keyboard actually works very nicely but would definitely be convenient and efficient to have voice enabled search in home and browser. Would also be great for leaving reviews in the store.

71 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 14 15
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base