Oculus Quest

Welcome to the Oculus Quest feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Quest platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Quest platform.
  • Core Software / Guardian: All Oculus Quest main menu, navigation, Guardian, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Oculus TV.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest!    
  1. Include an option to reset games

Can you add some way to either reset whatever game you're playing back to the start from the Home/Dash, for those times when you've shown a friend your game before playing it yourself but actually want to play the thing from the start now, or basically make it a requirement that developers actually include this in their games by default, which really should be standard feature/option in pretty much every single game on every platform in this day and age.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Be able to play steam vr with the quest link

Be able to launch and play steam vr with the quest link.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Help developers optimize their games!

I primarily use PCVR but I travel a lot for work so I picked up a Quest.

I find the massive amount of dropped frames on Quest to be insanely distracting. I realize AWS is computationally expensive and may never come to Quest but I think there needs to be a push for getting everything to run smoother/better optimization.

Perhaps there could be some official documentation focused on educating developers on how they can get their games to minimize missing frame rate? Maybe even a team of coders who could float around and get hands on with developers?

The amount…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Roku Casting

Create a solution for casting to Roku devices including boxes and Roku TVs. If necessary, have an Oculus App on the Roku platform to make this easier.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Counter Wieght

Add a counter weight to the head strap or headset in general to balance the headset due to it being front heavy.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Turn Oculus Store to a Subscription Service

I just wanna pay every month and have access to all the games, at least have it as an option. Like xbox live gold or ps plus

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Games for Seniors

I'm a manager for our University Makerspaces and we've been collaborating with Retirement communities in using the quest. They have embraced technology but would like more games for their age group. They especially like Beat Saber but realize that its pace is too fast for them even on easy mode. In the future would you consider adapting certain games to accommodate their skill level?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Countdown on the Quest, so it can stop to play after a presetting time. Good to demo or to prevent motion sickness

I'd like to have a coundown timer. For example I put 30 minutes then I start to play. After that time it can stop the app and go back to the main room. So I can take a break to prevent motion sickness with regular interval.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. UK pricing in emails

When you get an email from Oculus recommending an app you should see pricing in your local currency.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. You should make more of the oculus app on the phone.

I want to upload a profile picture on my oculus app, but can only do it from a PC? I bought a quest so I didn’t need a PC. You should make the app better for phones so we can do the same from both.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. More comfortable head strap..

Offer us a replacement head strap to purchase like the Rift S uses. The stock one is very uncomfortable like a tight fitting scuba mask..

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Time Adjustment

The time in my Quest is now showing 5 hours off since I had to do yet another factory reset. There is currently no way to adjust the time after set up with out doing another factory reset. I suggest adding a way to adjust the time in the Quest in the next update. Loosing all the data in a factory reset just to get the right time is unacceptable.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Not getting rid of Beat On

Beat Saber is the main reason people are buying the Oculus Quest, making it to where Beat On can no longer be continued is going to make your users go DOWN. That was the only thing making the quest worth it, and you blew it. Poor move on you guys.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Fix 5GHz 80mhz channel width WiFi

When using 5GHz WiFi in 80mhz width, the signal pauses for a brief period of time every 3-5 minutes very consistently. If the WIFI router is set to 40mhz width this no longer happens and things are smooth. This is mostly noticeable when streaming.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Ability to remove “Running apps from unknown sources may put your account and device at risk" notification

Already had three clients asking me if the app that i´ve sent them could harm their Oculus Quest... I am all for making sure that the developer mode is only used as intended, but having to explain this notification over and over again is really time-consuming AND because of the notification we developers lose one visible slot of apps that are displayed at once... just a bit annoying but would be great if that could be a prompt like the "new connection to a pc" one that you have to acknowledge and the option to remember it :)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Offer support

Bought this yesterday for son’s birthday- 18 hours later and it’s still “Updating headset in progress- 50%. He’s 10 years old and was so excited to get the Quest- there’s no live support- only “help yourself” - that is, read thru articles of the hundreds of others who need support. But, it’s Facebook, so...

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Official channel for 'sideloading'

Sideloading has become an important part of the Quest ecosystem. Many developers are using it to let users play games under development. It is also a way to install mods.

Currently users are required to sign up as developers and then enable developer mode in order for sideloading to work. Thousands of fake developers have signed up just to be able to sideload.

I think that Oculus should offer an alternative channel to support in-development work and mods.

One option would be to embrace sideloading in its current form, but without having to register as a developer. Like 'developer mode',…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Play audio when casting

When casting to a mobile device allow the castio g of audio. This would be great for games like beat sabre where you want to hear the music.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Support for USB peripherals such as MIDI controllers

I'm a developer and I'd like the option to develop games for use with MIDI controllers.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Custom songs for beat saber

We need custom songs for beat saber FAST

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)