Oculus Quest

Welcome to the Oculus Quest feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Quest platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Quest platform.
  • Core Software / Guardian: All Oculus Quest main menu, navigation, Guardian, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Oculus TV.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest!    
  1. Fake Oculus Website

I saw this, almost ordered a headset from it but then got super suspicious on the too good to be true price.

https://www.ocuwuweo.com/

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make an easier way to use link with PCs.

I can use the link with my PC, just because I follow one guide finded in reddit.
    So please learn by these following steps and make the link working with an easier plug and play way.

Steps:
    A - Connect another monitor via HDMI to your PC and select this screen as primary screen.
    B - Go to nVIdia panel and set global 3d settings to high performance nVidia processor.
    C- In nVidia panel set program settings to high performance nVidia processor for "Oculus Client" and " Oculus Server" (names are not the same but similar).

Just for this guide…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Oculus quest Wireless connectivity

It is clear from Virtual desktop that the streaming trough 5ghz is incredibly good for VR and for some reason Oculus is trying to prevent it.

I am also ok in using a specific dongle that connects using other frequencies, but please let us play wireless pc VR the technology is there.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Separate heavy parts from the headset

It would be very nice if the haedset will be much lighter and smaller (glass like).

One option to achieve this is to remove all the parts from the headest to a small box which I can put in my pocket, and leave only the displays in the headest which connects to the core box with an USB-C.

For me it's very unconfortable to wear a heavy hadset for a long time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Improve screen resolution

My biggest problem with Oculus Quest is the low screen resolution.

Small text are unreadable, I can easily count pixels and see the space between them. It's hearts my eye.

I can't use it to watch a movie, because the quality is very low.
    I can't use it to work on my computer remotely because the texts are unreadable.

This is the biggest problem which stays me away from my quest when I want some entertainment (I'm not a big gamer) and also it stays away from my quest when I work.

An eligable resultion can be the double (4x)…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Engine plugins for performance

Unreal engine has code in GitHub.

I am thinking about a few addons that you could pot for free download for Unreal in the Epic store:

-Far NPC & their shadows at half FPS. Halo 5 does that. Also dragon of Dark souls, remember his slow shadow at 15 FPS. Some racing games does reflections at half fps and lower settings.

-¿Is obsolete to use 1/4 or 1/16 resolution of stencil shadows, and then upscale and blur it?

-dynamic settings, not only resolution. Like Forza.

-AI is a big problem in Unity engine. In games like Cities skyline npc has…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Another way of tracking a persons head position, please listen

You know those water bubble balance sticks? Well imagine it in a flat circular container. Put it inside of the oculus, then use a camera to pick up where the water bubble is. Using the water bubble in flat circular container will track up, down, left, and right directions. Then you can write code to use the location of the water bubble. And use the code to track the person's head, instead of using the current head tracking, you might even be able to use both at once (idk).
    I don't know if this will work, but you can give…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Lithuania

Lithuania should be added to an Oculus list of supported countries

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add 1050 Support!

A lot of people have NVIDIA 1050 / 1050 ti GPUs, and Oculus Link does not support it. We need 1050 support to at least try to be included for Oculus Link. The current page with supported GPUs doesn't even say anything about it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add shipment to Czechia

Most re-sellers in Czechia are constantly sold out and provide the same product for few hundred dolars more than the official store. If you could add shipment option to Czechia, it would be great.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. STOP THE SHOOTING! I opened an email today inviting me to view a beautiful game that does not require that I shoot anyone. Very Pleased!

STOP ALL OF THE SHOOTING!
    I didn't purchase the Oculus "Quest" or "Go" in order to shoot people. Please create more games for people who do not desire to kill. Can't you come up with more games that involve strategy? Solving problems while on an adventure with people instead of mice?

Thanks For Listening!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Promote the Quest with a Dude Perfect Video!

I absolutely love my Quest and the Echo Arena Beta took it to a whole new level! People need to understand the state of VR has changed and it is way more accesible and appealing for people, specially now with a literal e-sport in the platform. A great way would be to make a sponsored Dude Perfect video that can easily get 30-100million views, from all demographics. I'm sure Dude Perfect would love to play Echo Arena!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Make the homepage more life-like with cds or something you can pick up to play the games

Turn the home into a slightly more lifelike place
    Have it so that you can move around and actually look at a shelf or something with games on and you pick a game and take a cartridge or a cd that you place into something so you can play, then say theres a portal to the store and you can actually look around for games,
    may have stole the idea by watching ready player one, but i think having an option to make it turn more realistic could be really cool, you could have different options like you could choose…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Customer service

Poor customer service return faulty goods been over 2 weeks still nothing not having a phone number prevents me from getting to the bottom of it still no idea what's happening and wont refund money solicitors next

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Create a visual setting where users can enter the perscription of their glasses

Allow users to enter the prescription of their glasses so the Quest can alter the image to compensate and remove the need for the user to wear their glasses in the headset.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Provide a case for the headset for the fabric so that it isn't constantly getting dirt and sweat on it

When playing games that make you work up a sweat you use your sweaty hands to pull up the quest when the front is covered with fabrics. There is also dirt that builds up in it over time which is not desirable by anyone. If there was a case that could be applied to the front of the headset, then it would keep it in pristine condition and it would look great on the quest. There could even be different designs for it and it wouldn't even need to come with the quest package, they could sell it as an…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Provide alternate ways to login if 2FA locked out!

I ended up factory setting my phone and forgot to screenshot the recovery codes of my authenticator app, effectively forcing me to recover all my accounts from scratch. I'm able to verify my info using my number, email, etc. With other apps, I can regain access with alternate methods.

However with oculus, my only options are providing recovery codes which I don't have access to for my 2FA, and I've been on hold from oculus support for a full week waiting to regain access!! My quest is effectively a BRICK now because I don't have any access to my library.…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Implement a low power mode that slightly drops the brightness, frame rate, and/or even the resolution for longer battery life.

Honestly I hate being in a good gaming session and then suddenly I get the prompt that the battery is low and I have to end my fun and charge the headset. For a more immersive experience which is what oculus wants us to have, it would be more than a fair trade to swap out refresh rate or some brightness or a small amount of image quality.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Smartphone notifications mirroring

It would be nice to read notifications on your phone without taking off your headset.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Remove Oculus Link Min.Requirements

The oculus app may only see the integrated GPU, of course the dedicated GPU will start when the game will need it.

So remove that hardcoded requirement

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 36 37
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base