Oculus Quest

Welcome to the Oculus Quest feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Quest platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Quest platform.
  • Core Software / Guardian: All Oculus Quest main menu, navigation, Guardian, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Oculus TV.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest!    
  1. Add an option to disable the screenshot shortcut

This isn't a very serious issue but it would be nice if this were an option. When I'm playing Beat Saber, the shortcut to take a screenshot sometimes impedes with my play and takes up my space without me knowing. It would be nice if an option to disable this shortcut was available.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Link YCbCr 4:4:4 for focus on luminance when you increase bitrate

I am assuming that you are compressing with h.264 RGB.

The compression usually destroys very dark details doing black crunch.

To focus on gray palette should be useful, increasing bitrate x luminance pixel.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. To implement open Radeon image sharpener in Quest side for link

Due to compression would be nice to sharpen image before downsampling, and AMD method is the best, apparently

There are others faster...

If the transmission sends HUD/Text as separate overlay, the sharpen would skip text improving results. The only artifacts that i usually see are oversharpened text.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. MMORPG Game pls

Hello, please do a MMorpg game, people are waiting for it, and please not something like Orbus vr. maybe something like Sao. or something like that, it's kind of Destiny

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. AR Tag api

Would be great if developpers could configure AR Tags with the paththrough+ api.
    This would allow new cool usage of the player environnement.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allow full transfer of all save data from Quest to Quest 2 and prevent any save data loss via mandatory Cloud Storage 2.

(copy/pasted from https://www.reddit.com/r/OculusQuest/comments/iwf1d1/aseriousconcernregardingsavedatatransfer/ )

With the Quest 2 not far away a lot of people are getting excited to see the headset as well as their currently existing games running on more powerful hardware. The OS seems to have become more stable over the last couple of firmware updates so that's encouraging as well.

Unfortunately my/our excitement is being dampened by the realization that there's a very large portion of the games that I/we own that are incapable of being uploaded/backed-up, to the point where I (personally) could potentially lose dozens upon dozens of…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Software IPD Adjust on Quest 2

Please add software ipd adjust on top of the hardware solution to improve quality (stereo effect and chromatic aberration) for people that fall in between or slightly out of the 58/63/68mm of the hardware iPd adjustment.

This way we would get a good enough hybrid of quest 1 and rift s in terms of adjustment :)

Sadly there isn’t a quest 2 page on here yet, so I hope that this idea still finds a few people that vote on it :)

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Delete Oculus Avatar

If I own my account, then it is my option whether I have an avatar or not. Why is there no option to delete your avatar (of course there would be a warning that some apps won't open like oculus venues), because a lot of avatars are created on accident and now these people have to live with an avatar on their account. There should always be an option to remove your avatar if you don't want it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Keyboard

Make quest 2 to see keyboard and mouse infront of you like we see hands and put 3d skins on them. Now virtual desktop is complete.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Don't exclude people with extremes in IPD ranges, such as my 71.5.

When making a product with the spirit of "get it into everyone's house", it doesn't make sense to add high amounts of discomfort for users. The Quest 2 having only 3 hard set ranges might be good for some, but is bad for users like myself. I don't want to get sick or be hurt as a result of using a device with bad IPD adjustment options. Maybe have both physical and software? Maybe we get to pick between the two or just offer the ranges?

I was an Oculus fan, now I'm watching the market for someone to make…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. a setting to reset thumbsticks to center/ deadzone. and adjust size of deadzone.

yep if there could be a setting that could re calibrate the thumbsticks so that the center is reset that would fix the thumbsticks drifting issue that i'm having and a lot of people are having with their controllers. also other settings like the dead zone size would be helpful. i can't afford brand new controllers even if they were in stock comma and i haven't been buying any new games because of this so please add a setting so it fixed .

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Make recording and uploading easier and streaming easier

Make it so we can record and upload straight to YouTube from the oculus quest it would make it so much easier for people like me who are just starting to do YouTube and who don't have a lot of money and also be able to stream straight to YouTube or Twitch

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Be able to reduce and manipulate the forward-looking screen on the homepage. Sometimes be nice to chill and just watch out the window in the

Be able to minimize the big screen or manipulate it smaller on the home menu. Sometimes it's nice to just chill and look out through the window in the new VR cyber environment. Would also be beneficial when using pass through environment so you don't have to constantly have a 75-in screen in front of you.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add support for AMD Radeon RX 5600XT

There is no reason why this card shouldn't already be on the compatibility list. It's well above spec and even the Oculus Quest Support page states that the Radeon 5000 series is supported.

So then why is every 5600XT owner getting this error in Oculus home and Virtual Desktop? Please, take the 5 minutes to add the GPU_ID to the list of supported cards in an update. This "error" is beyond annoying and frankly it's completely unnecessary.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add the ability to run multiple 3D apps concurrently

I want to be able to run multiple 3D apps like the browser, an app like tilt brush and a social app like rec room at the same time.

The current developer tools do not allow people to build apps that can run in a multitasking environment (so existing apps may need to add support for it).

I multitask like this regularly on my pc in 2D and get great productivity from it so it would be awesome to do in VR on quest as well.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow changing audio "themes" in the Quest menus

The v20 software update changes the sound that is played when the used makes a selection in the Quest Menus – to a "whooom" sound that is long, loud, jarring, and near nauseating, and completely mismatched with the gentle 'ting' sounds when moving the pointer between different selectable options, and indeed with the previous sound.

This new noise is so jarring that I've pretty much stopped using my Quest because I know that between me and any positive experience, I have to deal with that nauseating noise, and that pretty much ruins the experience for me.

Please either revert the change,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Non-personal account for schools and public demos

Some kind of non-personal account for multiple headsets so we can set up demos without using personal accounts.

Since a Facebook account is needed it's not possible to have non-personal headsets with purchased content on in a public environment such as a school, library or for a public demo case.

The usecase is that we can't have one single person responsible for all our Oculus Quests.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Accessibility options for the disabled

I am requesting the ability to move playspace by keybind as is currently available on SteamVR OpenVR Advanced Settings.

I am disabled and play all games seated, I would like the option to set a keybind to enable a height offset simulating crouching, as well as the ability to freely move the playspace to allow access to items placed on the floor, while still maintaining a standing height in application.

It seems ridiculous that I have to request this feature, as SteamVR has had these features for years.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Visually impaired

For the visually impaired are always looking for options to enhance viewing. The oculus quest is an awesome tour however there should be an option to enlarge the font for reading instructions and also on the main menu. It would be helpful to grab the menu and bring it closer to enable reading. I am visually impaired

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 28 29
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base