Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Welcome to the Oculus Quest feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Quest platform.We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Quest platform.
  • Core Software / Guardian: All Oculus Quest main menu, navigation, Guardian, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Oculus TV.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest!    
  1. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Safety - Guardian intruder

I would like to see a safety feature that would switch to pass through if something enters the guardian area. For example a dog or a small child so they don’t accidentally get throttled.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Gardiuan lines and direction marker

-- Make it possible to 'straight out the lines' of my play area. My OCD really has a hard time about that I can't draw straight lines myself
    -- Make it possible to place a small marker/direction indicator, so I can always find out which direction I'm looking
    -- When playing games where you rotate alot around yourself and your Guardian is a square/rectangular/circle , then you have no way on knowing which direction you are actually facing unless you take the HDM off

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Notify me of new releases in HDM and show me how it helps me

-- If regularly (monthly?) updates is expected of HDM, make an easy readable/accessible section for it in the Settings menu and make a notification, when new version/release notes are released
    -- With new releases, show me (video/animation) how to use it so I know how to use it. If there is only a description for it, then I'm lost/will quickly forget how to do it

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Make it possible to pair Bluetooth audio headset and mark unsupported types

-- Enable to pair with Bluetooth headset for audio
    -- Change wording that headset can also be paired, not just keyboard and gamepad
    -- Devices that is not supported by HDM should be marked so on the list, so you don't try again and again to pair it, if HMD already know that this Bluetooth type is not supported

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Modernise Tracking Frequency settings

-- Set frequency according selected location/country
    -- If automatic is selected, state which frequency the HMD is using
    -- Notify user if (automatic) tracking freqency detects issue (difficulties with tracking)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Modernise night mode (like mobile phones)

-- Possibility to adjust how sever the night mode is enforced. Use slider from low to high to set how red-ish it should be, when night mode is fully transitioned
    -- Smooth transition (couple of minutes?) when night mode is activated. Not just a hard (on/off) transition
    -- Use location, date and time of day to automatically activate night mode

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. clock to be able to have whatsapp, spotify ... etc in the background always

It would be great if in the home of Oculus quest and quest 2, a clock was added (being able to choose in which hand, right or left) and that when pressing the Oculus button in any game, the menu and the clock in hand would appear. in this way we could implement apps like spotify with a player, whatsapp, and that work in the background, and that somehow notifications appear on the wrist. It would be great to always have a watch on your wrist, even choose the notification sound

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. The new main menu sucks.

Just summed it up for you. It's condensed and very close. Fine sure... Make it so I can move the menu farther away from me. Enlarge the text a little for it being farther away. I also hate not just being able to browse my library. It took forever to figure out that the menu that pops up IS the Library. But only if I force it to show everything. It's so small too. I end up looking down at it way more than the previous setup. I hate it. Why does everyone have to completely change menus that are…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. watch movies on a screen while in pass through mode and have it anchor in vision even when you leave the boundary

watch movies on a screen while in pass through mode and have it anchor in vision even when you leave the boundary.
    Let’s say I stop playing to do the dishes and I want to watch something while doing dishes. For example

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add EQ options for Quest 2 headphone output.

Add EQ options for Quest 2 headphone output.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I think it would be pretty useful if you could answer calls and texts without leaving the VR environment

I feel like you should be able to link your phone and VR headset so that when you get a call or text you would also get a notification in the VR environment that you could answer and/or reply to in real time

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Fix Oculus Quest 2 Battery Drain when in Sleep

The Oculus Quest 2 drains the entire battery plus elite battery in around 24 hours just stilling in sleep mode. The Quest 1 could go somewhere around a week in sleep mode. There is something seriously wrong with the firmware for it to drain two entire batteries in 24 hours.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Restore Oculus Go Emulation in Oculus Quest 2

Facebook removed the ability to use Oculus Go apps on the Quest 2 for absolutely no reason. Oculus says they are supporting the Go still but they really are not with it impossible to buy or get replacement parts for. This mean Oculus Go must be available on the Oculus Quest going forward. It cannot hurt to have even more software available for the Quest.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Enable dynamic contrast adjustment on Quest 2 to enable better blacks in dark scenes.

I've been having a great time on my Quest 2, but have been avoiding darker games due to the grey fog and washed out scenes.

Could you implement an automatic backlight adjustment that would kick in for any dark scene to keep the black levels in check? Since the LCD panel characteristics are known, you could also do automatic color and contrast grading to keep the colors accurate as the backlight is dimed. Many TVs already do exactly this kind of dynamic backlight and contrast adjustment. Could also open an API for developers to adjust the backlight so that they…

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Add a quick toggle option to completely hide the Home menu popup windows

When I'm in Home I'd like to have a simple quick toggle option to hide the menu entirely (in both controller and hands free mode), so I can actually view the Home environment completely unobstructed (as you can when you first put on the headset before selecting any menu options), rather than never be able to hide that main popup window again once it's been activated.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Squint adjustment

Hello,

I would like to suggest a screen adjustment independent of the lenses if this is possible. This could maybe improve the VR for people who have Strabismus as they can never truly experience the same 3D effect.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. More customization with settings

In the experiment features section of settings right below the opt in for beta it should tell you how many beta releases there are and how many that will be applied and allow you to see all the changes that would happens if you enable it.

In the experimental settings you should have a option to change how the pass through mode shortcut is toggled instead of it always being the default touch the side of headset you should be a me to choose press a button so many times.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Cast to tv

Make is so you can actually cast to a tv without having to buy chrome cast. How ridiculous. A **** play station vr for half the price can do that simple task. What a waste of £400+ and it can’t even do that. Oh and make is so your remotes are chargeable instead of battery powdered. We aren’t living in the early 2000’s. Batteries are wasteful.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 31 32
  • Don't see your idea?

Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base