Oculus Quest

Welcome to the Oculus Quest feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Quest platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Quest platform.
  • Core Software / Guardian: All Oculus Quest main menu, navigation, Guardian, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Oculus TV.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest!    
  1. Allowing for intel quicksync and other secondary gpu for encoding video for oculus link

Add intel quicksync or available video encoding device for oculus link for us who has a gpu where apps like oculus link requires more performance than nvenc alone can offer and ends up using cuda cores as well which causes some demanding VR games to take more performance than the video encoding for oculus link can get, thus VR ends up lagging badly.

so please add options for intel quicksync to use intel's integrated exclusively for encoding, then main gpu (2080 in my case) strictly for game performance.

Also if we have a dedicated second gpu like a 1050TI or…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I have the microsoft surface book 2 15 inch and none of the occulus headsets support linkthe windows version because of the Nvidia 1060gpu?

I have the microsoft surface book 2, 15 inch and none of the occulus headsets, specifically the quest support the expensive occulus link cable on the windows software version because of the Nvidia GTX 1060gpu? How can this be? I hope a fix is due fast..

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Hand Keyboard

Make it so that you can move the keyboard below you so you can use the controller and touch the buttons, I find my hands too shaky sometimes and lose the ability to stabilize on one button and click without it moving to another key.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Change USB C port to Thunderbolt 3 on Quest

Currently Oculus link uses a USB 3 data bus. Which has many many limitations in data transfer and as a result requires special software to make the required data easier to transfer however as a result theres an issue of when moving your head to quickly what youre looking at is not rendered fast enough and leaves black bars moving out infront of your vision before it is rendered.
    And rumours say that to help this the further away from the centre of vision the less rendering will be done. There for making what is being looked at render faster.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Stop making me sign into fakebook to use your products

Eventually Your going to force people away by making them use Facebook to use your products

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Allow me to stream to other Streaming Services

I’d love to be able to stream right to Twitch or YouTube not just the forced facebook only service because Facebook really gotta get in the way of everything.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Ability to Delete Demo’s and more

Let me get the ability to delete demos from my library. Like completely off my account not just in uninstalled apps. I also would like to see more library organized like A-Z you know?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Update the Oculus Guardian system and room-scale tracking.

It is essential to add more room-scale tracking control so that the headset can better track the user and avoid them being injured in the room.
    For example, a warning should appear when you reach the limit of the user-set Guardian boundaries. It should also switch to the in-built cameras and show the real world along with a warning notification to avoid injury.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Change the padding material of the mask.

At this point, you should change the material so that it is more comfortable and to further provide airflow, in order to avoid marks on the face after only 30 minutes of use.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Safe relocation of the battery far from the head.

Safe relocation of the battery far from the head.
    The battery should be far from the head to avoid harmful emissions to the brain. It should be attached to the arm, shoulder or back and connected by cable to the headset. In addition to benefiting health, this would significantly reduce the original weight of the headset, achieving greater comfort and mobility in games.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Linux Support for Oculus Link

Please consider providing Linux support for the Oculus Link.

With the increasing number of native Linux builds on SteamVR and the current stability of Steam's wine powered Proton compatability layer for Windows games, the ability to use Oculus Link on Linux has become attractive.

At minimum, the production of documentation useful to the Open Source community providing the means for a third party implementation would be greatly appreciated -- beyond the general overview currently provided:

https://developer.oculus.com/blog/how-does-oculus-link-work-the-architecture-pipeline-and-aadt-explained/

If the official stance from Oculus is to not support Linux, at least give us the opportunity to support ourselves with your help.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Needs a better USB connector

I'd like to see the case molded with a slight depression, to guide or funnel to USB connector toward the opening so its easier to plug in while wearing the headset. I frequently want to plug in without removing the headset. That's currently very hard to do.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON VR GAME

It would be EPIC to have a How to Train your Dragon VR game!! Pretty plz Oculus partner up with Dreamworks and make this happen! It could have a story mode and multi player racing/fighting modes!
    🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  First Party Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. add app for game streaming like shadow pc Or by oculus for a lot of people that don’t want costly PC. There are a lot of people left out.

Hello I see Shadow PC has new mobile app. Apparently this will be a mobile app for android IOS and others. I googled articles dated 10/29 and it talked about mobile VR. Can the people that don’t want a costly PC or the many that simply can’t afford one get an app for the quest for streaming higher end games from Shadow PC or one developed by Oculus? A native app for the people that kind of are left out of the higher end games. I truly understand business and the many decisions Oculus has to make but we would…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Parental controls - lock browser

Please provide parents a way to lock the browser so kids don’t have unmonitored internet access.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Offer customers waiting on the product to come back into stock a free game or app

Having ordered my Quest 10 days ago, and as a result of stock outages, still nothing has been dispatched, nor is there any information on a likely dispatch date, I was thinking how it would be a good idea to offer either a free game or app as a positive customer experience to counter balance the negative impact of having to wait for the product to come back into the Oculus warehouse for dispatch.

I was so excited when I made the purchase, now 10 days on, with still nothing dispatched, its quite disappointing. A show of good will would…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow for people who want to stream using the quest

For streaming wise people who can’t afford a normal pcvr that can stream it would be great if the quest can do almost the same thing without having to use Facebook for streaming and basically showing bad visuals during live-streams/video’s on Facebook and for people who never seen the quest would try giving a bad review just because of facebook

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow for people who want to stream using the quest

For streaming wise people who can’t afford a normal pcvr that can stream it would be great if the quest can do almost the same thing without having to use Facebook for streaming and basically showing bad visuals during live-streams/video’s on Facebook and for people who never seen the quest would try giving a bad review just because of facebook

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow use to download videos/photos straight to our phones

If you can make it we’re you can download videos/photos straight to our phones then it makes it easier for people who’s want to show friends-family how good the quest is.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 59 60
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base