Oculus Quest

Welcome to the Oculus Quest feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Quest platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Quest platform.
  • Core Software / Guardian: All Oculus Quest main menu, navigation, Guardian, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Oculus TV.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest!    
  1. Be able to search people on oculus with -'s in their name on Oculus

I would like other people with usernames that have -'s in them to be able to get searched on oculus.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Educational learning

You really need to tap into the education program especially as our living dynamic changes during the COVID out break. It’s all very well having a walkthrough historic scenes but it would be highly beneficial if you teamed up with the Discovery Channel, National Geographic to learn more in-depth knowledge in a particular field. Museums have, to a certain degree VR environments, but I struggled to find anything related for my daughters homework based on the Egyptians. When I looked at what other platforms/developers had to offer, well it wasn’t that great.

It would be amazing if someone could explore…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  First Party Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add an option to disable the screenshot shortcut

This isn't a very serious issue but it would be nice if this were an option. When I'm playing Beat Saber, the shortcut to take a screenshot sometimes impedes with my play and takes up my space without me knowing. It would be nice if an option to disable this shortcut was available.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Publish Accessories Guidelines for Quest and Quest 2

With the removable strap design of the Quest 2 and the ease of access to 3D printing for many consumers, it would make sense to update the accessories guidelines to have the documentation for Quest 1 & 2. This will enable people to start working on potential mods even prior to the Quest 2 release. You should be doing this anyway as that page looks abandoned currently and needs some love.

https://developer.oculus.com/distribute/accessories-guidelines/

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Education App Development Initiative for Quest Platform

One of the main reasons I preordered the Quest 2 was for educational value (experiences like Anne Frank House, National Geographic, Traveling While Black, Home After War, etc.). However, as I begin to look for other educational experiences, it appears that while there have been some produced that there has in general been a lull in new educational games and no major announcements of upcoming ones. There even appears to be more educational experiences for the Oculus Go platform than for the Quest. I’m thinking of cancelling my Quest 2 as it appears educational experiences is not a major development…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  First Party Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Solaris is listed as a roomscale game, but is actually not.

Solaris offworld combat is listed as a roomscale game, but it actually has no roomscale element or body tracking.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Improve store

Make Oculus store purchases accessible on all Oculus pathforms

Don't want to pay for a game twice.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Create an official halo strap for Oculus Quest 2 that also includes off-ear headphones.

Add a third Elite head strap option that is a halo design that places the weight on the forehead mostly, and include off-ear headphones on this model too.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. The 64GB Quest 2 is priced at 349€? Thats more than $399, far above the promised $299!

The 64GB Quest 2 is priced at 349€? Thats more than $399, far above the promised $299!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Pro Controllers for the Oculus Quest 2

Making a new set of controllers for the Oculus Quest 2 that will make the platform better for VR beginners and enthusiasts alike. Add a strap that allows you to let go of the controllers and it stay attached, add hand tracking by implementing sensors into the ring that's on the standard controllers / make a larger ring that can sense the entire hand that has similar sensors used in the Index knuckle controllers, and price them between $100-$200.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Eliminate Cross BUY

It’s obvious quest 2 is platform going forward. Please eliminate crossbuy now. I own so many rift games and I don’t want to have to plug my quest 2 into a gaming PC just to play those games even though many can be downloaded for the quest but I have to pay separately. This is absurd. I shouldn’t be tethered to a machine on a game I bought unless it’s required for the game.

Eliminate cross buy so rift titles with quest versions are available for use. Otherwise I have a library of 20 games already on rift none of…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add Running in place locomotion

Walking/jogging/running in place locomotion is the most natural way to move next to actual room scale setups. Which could be done with a single camera on the bottom of the visor. Could also track the mouth. Maybe ankle bracelets like KAT VR Loco

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Help study associations with cheaper/sponsored devkits for educational purposes

As a Study Association we are a non-profit with little cash to spare. We would really want to help students develop in VR and devkits of Oculus would be perfect for this. Which is why a sponsoring program like Xbox has would be perfect. Please consider this.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Link YCbCr 4:4:4 for focus on luminance when you increase bitrate

I am assuming that you are compressing with h.264 RGB.

The compression usually destroys very dark details doing black crunch.

To focus on gray palette should be useful, increasing bitrate x luminance pixel.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. To implement open Radeon image sharpener in Quest side for link

Due to compression would be nice to sharpen image before downsampling, and AMD method is the best, apparently

There are others faster...

If the transmission sends HUD/Text as separate overlay, the sharpen would skip text improving results. The only artifacts that i usually see are oversharpened text.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add option menu in app and VR so you can actually view your wishlist instead of just being able to add to it

Add option menu in app and VR so you can actually view your wishlist instead of just being able to add to it. I’m have games on wishlist I want to purchase but I can’t find my wishlist to purchase them. Added them to wishlist after reading description but don’t remember the names

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. MMORPG Game pls

Hello, please do a MMorpg game, people are waiting for it, and please not something like Orbus vr. maybe something like Sao. or something like that, it's kind of Destiny

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Multiplayer

We should be able to link 2 oculus quests together for same room multiplayer gaming.

The fact that we need to purchase the same game twice to play together is outrageous!

Should at least be able to send a link or code to a family member to either download the game or be able to join.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 106 107
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base