Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Welcome to the Oculus Quest feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Quest platform.We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Quest platform.
  • Core Software / Guardian: All Oculus Quest main menu, navigation, Guardian, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Oculus TV.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest!    
  1. Make the FB Horizon Alpha available to all during quarantine

While we’re all stuck at home indefinitely, it would be great if anyone who wants to participate in the FB Horizon Alpha could join in. This would be a fantastic way to connect with friends and family at this difficult time.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Companion App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Be able to reduce and manipulate the forward-looking screen on the homepage. Sometimes be nice to chill and just watch out the window in the

Be able to minimize the big screen or manipulate it smaller on the home menu. Sometimes it's nice to just chill and look out through the window in the new VR cyber environment. Would also be beneficial when using pass through environment so you don't have to constantly have a 75-in screen in front of you.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Fix the oculus quest recording audio

Please fix the audio when recording as it is so out of sync and please at least an able recording quality settings for like 1080p 720p widescreen instead of a Portrait as i know it is possible as I can change the video resolution using commands

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Can't Reject Friend Request

There seems to be a major bug, where the X button in both the mobile app and desktop app don't actually reject friend requests, but instead accept it. On top of this, the reject button on the mobile app is incredibly small and difficult to press.

There's also the issue that bulk rejecting a lot of friend requests is not possible, making the process of rejecting people slow and tedious if too many build up.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Companion App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Family Accounts or Friends based on Profiles not billing accounts so our family can watch Oculus TV together

Family Accounts or Friends based on Profiles not billing accounts so our family can watch Oculus TV together

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. External Control

Working with adults with physical and cognitive disabilities I often have to set up the device and start content playing on their behalf. This can be a tricky to manage in terms of positioning and isn't always great where there are infection control issues.
    I can cast to a TV or tablet device to see what they are seeing but what would make the devices perfect for what we need is simply being able to control the device externally i.e. search for a you tube video and play it for the person wearing the headset.

This would open up the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. I don't like the whole Oculus Link Idea

I really dislike the new Oculus Link feature. Sure, I like that you can play all the Steam VR games on the Quest, but games from the Rift S and other Oculus store available games?

Let me explain a little better. I purchased the Oculus Quest because a Gaming PC that can meet the requirements of a VR headset is way out of my budget, just like a ton of other people. Your headset is amazing! And one of the coolest things about it that you see in all of your ads, is that you can play all the other…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Fix issue with volume buttons not working to confirm power off

When I attempt to turn off the Quest, it says I can use the volume buttons to "click". However, I have not been able to do this and have to pick up the touch controls to confirm power off.

57 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Hide Demo's in my app library for games that I own.

Hide Demo's in my app library for games that I own. If I own it let me hit it in my Library in the app and on the Quest so I don't have to look at it.

53 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Record mic when recording a video with the quests built in recording feature

I wish it knew it didnt record audio before i made a 20 minute video and watched as i did hand motions and nothing else

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Referral Program for Quest???!!

If Oculus is trying to be the catalyst to bring VR to the mainstream it needs a referral program!!! I spent a nice chunk of time on Saturday showing off Quest at a BBQ. 10 new people who had never experienced VR before had their mind completely blown. Most asked for a link for me to send them so they can go buy it this week. It would be nice if I can get them a discount and also get a credit for being a foot soildier for the VR movement. Jus sayin.

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Instead of turning away apps ,have a democracy

I read that you have denyed to the top. Meanwhile that game is a big seller on other platforms and works great on the quest from what I see.

How about instead of turning developers away. Have a site or a subsection of the store to allow for democracy. Let actual users vote on wether they want the game/app or not. Let it show up and allow us the option to have it or not. It doesn't break any rules for it to not be in the store and we shouldnt be turning developers away because Oculus isn't into it.…

54 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Steam

STEAM SUPPORT!

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Option to Turn Off Startup Noise

As people have mentioned elsewhere, the startup noise is too loud. (https://oculus.uservoice.com/forums/921937-oculus-quest/suggestions/38870593-v10-boot-sound-is-too-loud)

Often times I want to watch a movie late at night in the same room where people are sleeping, but I can't, even with my headphones in, because the startup noise would wake them up.

The ability to turn off the startup noise in the settings would be great.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Make the Home Menu customizable, and bring the labels back!

It's ableist and ageist to remove the labels from the Home Menu. It's so much more difficult to help people over 40 learn the technology when everything has been reduced to icons! Personally, as someone who has an issue with working memory, it frustrates me trying to remember where everything is without the labels. Not to mention how many things you have to click on just to find what you're looking for now.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Gtx 1060m support please

Please add gtx 1060m support!!! If not I’m definitely considering upgrading my laptop. I would at least appreciate some clarification on whether or not my GPU will ever be supported. I have a GS63VR 7RF. Thank you!!!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Fix the WiFi drops for mesh networks.

It drops ever 5-10 minutes, making things unplayable, for a $500 piece of equipment, you would expect it to work, please fix it.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. I Wish to have passtrough view on command.

Having passthrough view would really help in some situations, with out having to take the headsets on an of, or to be aware of certain circumstances (pets, lights, others.)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. same account on 2 headsets or purchased games on the same wifi

I'm looking to purchase a second oculus for my household, but I'm unwilling to do so if I'm required to purchase the same game twice. I should either be able to have the same account on two headsets, or be able to use the same games that have been purchased on the same wifi. As the producer of this headset/consul I believe this would be more beneficial to you and that the game producers do not get hurt by this.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Please put Cross-Play Compatability details for Quest/Rift on the Additional Details portion in the Oculus store for games.

Please put Cross-Play Compatability details for Quest/Rift(-S) on the Additional Details portion of games in the Oculus store.

People should not have to Google compatibility details between the systems. Often it isn't even listed properly on the internet causing some to buy it in the hopes to play between the systems with friends of the other system just to find out they cannot. This is a waste of time, effort, and more importantly -> money. If you would just put a simple "Compatibility Quest/Rift/Rift-S: YES or NO" on the store then it would be a much better process.

Thank you.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base