Oculus Quest

Welcome to the Oculus Quest feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Quest platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Quest platform.
  • Core Software / Guardian: All Oculus Quest main menu, navigation, Guardian, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Oculus TV.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest!    
  1. Improve Tracking in Grass

Improve tracking algorithm or provide guidance on how to support “Yard Scale” (I.e., better tracking in larger grass spaces. Controller and HMD frequently lose tracking within the defined guardian space if on grass even when lighting circumstances are ideal (no direct sun, overcast, daytime).

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Use the same foam padding from the oculus go on the quest for more comfortability

Adding or redesigning the foam hmd face mask from the oculus go would improve the feel and comfort we hot from the go to the quest

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. protective lens

I would like Oculus to come up with an accessory to protect the lenses. A concept like this would work.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Social Status

Hey!

Could you please expand on the profile status like on other platforms? What i mean is allow us to sign in with different online statuses. Like Online, away, busy (i know we can mute notifications but this would be different), Appear Offline. Sometimes I just want to flail like an idiot in Beat Saber with out getting interruppted to join a session in BigScreen!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Climbey

Come on, get the Rift ready Climbey game into Quest...with custom maps there is endless replayability, something most current apps are lacking

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. easy facebook login/out

Linking to FB would be awesome, but I don't do it because then when I put my rig on someone else for a demo they'll be looking at my FB account info - not good. Sure, I could logout of FB but with the complex password I use that isn't going to happen.

SUGGESTION: Have a light 4 digit password to unlock a personal config in the Quest. When I put on the rig it asks for my 4 digits or else it brings up a generic config without my FB feed, etc.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  First Party Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Please remove or update the 2018 Black Friday Page

You guys left the 2018 Black Friday special page up and Google returns it if you search for "Oculus Quest Black Friday". Can you update or remove?

Here's the page:
    https://www.oculus.com/experiences/rift/193205901596389/

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Ceramic coated lenses

Can we please either get a stick on lens cover thats ceramic coated or perhaps add it to the lenses themselves for the next generation. A super hydrophobic coating will not allow liquid or dust to stick to the surface of glass, paint or automotive plastics and lasts between 1 - 5 years depending on the quality of the coating used. There are tons of youtube videos that explain it better than I can and give examples.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Why don't you sell a parent and child dual pack that allows the parent to work with the child on more complex games?

Why not sell a dual Oculus quest or go pack that has a parent and child headset where the parent could assist the child in more complex games? It just makes sense considering a lot of the games require dexterity that a parent could assistant. I could help you out with this marketing if that is ideal

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Range extension package

Please offer some type of range extension package. Maybe like a belt or fannypack type of device that can hold an external battery.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. MAKE IT AVAILABLE

Make it actually available!! Ordered from Amazon on 6/22 for my son's birthday and it was supposed to arrive July 10th and it is LATE and now won't arrive until sometime in August if ever!!!! He is heartbroken!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Antivirus app for google and online search if needed

Antivirus app for google online searches that could cause the system to crash like this battery problem. Not sure

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Have standard joystick locomotion as an option in settings

I’d love to see the capability to control using the left stick for movement and the right stick for turning, as opposed to teleport locomotion. I understand that some users may experience motion sickness this way however, so perhaps an option in the settings?

Copy/pasted with kind permission from the Oculus Rift section.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. optimize better for outside quest exploring use

improve grass tracking, and enlarge roomscale for outside use

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Make it easier to create a (Facebook) 3D-Screenshot with the Quest

It would be really cool if it was possible to take a 3D-Photo within the headset to share it on Facebook afterwards (additionally to the regular screenshots).

Or even better: Make it possible for the user to capture an image from each lense simultanious to create a 3D-Photo later on.

That would be really cool!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Improve the Oculus Home Interface on the Quest

Some ideas to improve the Oculus Home Interface on the Quest:

1.) Please add the option to create a 'favorite'-tab within the navigation area of the Oculus home interface on the Quest (next to updates, not installed etc.)! It would help immense with the rapidly growing catalogue of software installed on my Quest.

2.) Please make it possible to change the default view of the installed apps! I really would like to have my apps ordered from A to Z on default - not by latest.

3.) Please make it possible to change the order of the tabs. Let me…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Correction of the center of gravity of the device

At the moment the center of gravity of the device is located in the frontal part, that causes that the viewfinder continually depletes down, moving the point of clarity of the lens and causing that it is blurred, constantly you have to readjust the viewfinder due to the weight frontal. My suggestion is to improve the ergonomics of the viewfinder in its next generation and the center of gravity to compensate the frontal weight, a good option would be to add the battery in the back of the device.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Oculus Integration Unity package code maintenance

The Oculus Integration package for Unity generates a bunch of warnings when imported into a project under Unity 2018.4. The software should be cleaned up a bit.
    In addition, when building cross platform projects, the OVREngineConfigurationUpdater checks the applicationIdentifier no matter the platform and sets it. That's a bug und should only happen on supported platforms and can be handled with a simple directive in EnforceBundleId():

if UNITY_ANDROID

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  First Party Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. CPU Expansion Option?

I've seen quite a few demonstrations of external batteries to keep the Quest operational longer, which people have worn on the back of the head strap. And with the USB-C cable you can connect the Quest to your computer and side load apps, etc. Would it be possible to use the USB-C connector to support an additional CPU for rendering purposes, that could be worn on the back of the headset or on a waistband? I realize this would be getting away from being completely tether-less but if the tether is local to you, does it matter? My understanding is…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Profil

Améliorer des possibilités de personnalisation d'avatars et gestion du profil.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base