Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Welcome to the Oculus Quest feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Quest platform.We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Quest platform.
  • Core Software / Guardian: All Oculus Quest main menu, navigation, Guardian, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Oculus TV.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest!    
  1. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Option to set battery charge cutout temprature, or disable it

Allow temperature cutout on charging to be altered or disabled, so that demoing the unit at events can keep charge topped up via external powerbank. This is needed for enterprise users as the unit has to last up to six hours.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Password Protect Settings Areas.

There appears to be no way to "lock away" sensitive settings and features when the Quest unit is in the hands of a someone without authority or understanding to access or alter those sensitive settings.
    Eg a child who wanders into settings and changes them.
    Possibly the "settings" button within the Quest headset VR interface might simply need a pin to access those settings that matter.
    Effectively locking away those sensitive and crucial setup settings that don't need to be accessed by those who have no idea how to use them.
    The concept of an "administrator password" best describes the…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Option to disable the new lens-distance pop-up

The new pop-up display showing the lens distance is too sensitive.

It frequently appears during rapid head movements, and is distracting from gameplay.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. VR Chair

The chair will work together with ankle braces. The seat will be a similar shape to a bike seat allowing the user plenty of room for natural feeling walking. The chair will support the user so that their feet can still touch the ground but aren't applying much weight. This will allow them to walk, run and turn naturally. works better with socks The braces along with sensors in the base of the chair will not only measure speed but the distance of the users strides allowing a more realistic feel. The seat will rotate with zero resistance so that…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. More multiplayer games?

There are a few quest multiplayer games, and even less of them are cross platform, making it harder to play with other people and friends. If more were added, or cross play was added to more games, that would be great!
    For example, a winter sports game would be great! You could race each other on a ski salom race, have a halfpipe trick battle, or just ski with friends! I'm sure you are working on more multiplayer, but consider making more games cross platform! Thank you and keep up your good work

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. The platform needs 1 racing game as minimum

Seriously, no one kind of semi simulator?
    There is no Forza/Gran turismo/Project cars like.

Should have 1 Oculus AA game for Go/Quest/Rift with different graphics settings (and high quality physics on PC)

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  First Party Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Forced crosshair option for motion sickness reduction

Mirror's edge developers noticed that no crosshair in beta version caused motion sickness... Playing in TV!

A crosshair for look everytime to screen center prevents motion sickness.

I tested a few spaceship games doing acrobacyes and when i fix my eyes to static crosshair i don't feel motion sickness. The big problem comes when i look to objects of the world relativelly moving when i move or rotate.

A simple overlay crosshair option would be very useful with an explaination for suggest that.

Some people feels motion sickness with original Doom because weapon is constantly moving with no crosshair because…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Be able to play steam vr with the quest link

Be able to launch and play steam vr with the quest link.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. The tutorial should allow casting

The tutorial with the dancing robot and everything should allow casting

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  First Party Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Make it possible to lock/unlock the Quest (from within the headset by drawing a pattern)

I think it would be a nice if it was possible to lock / unlock the Quest like a smartphone by drawing a simple pattern while wearing the headset.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Help developers optimize their games!

I primarily use PCVR but I travel a lot for work so I picked up a Quest.

I find the massive amount of dropped frames on Quest to be insanely distracting. I realize AWS is computationally expensive and may never come to Quest but I think there needs to be a push for getting everything to run smoother/better optimization.

Perhaps there could be some official documentation focused on educating developers on how they can get their games to minimize missing frame rate? Maybe even a team of coders who could float around and get hands on with developers?

The amount…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Oculus quest controllers (same for rift s) are too small

The old rift touch controllers were perfect. With the new design for quest and rift s, they're too small. And it's annoying as f.

If you're not changing the child's size than at least make some sort of skin to enlarge/protect.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Universal Share button like Android on cellphone OS

The Quest OS is great! I love how simple is to navigate it. I wish it was designed with sharing options in mind, just like the OS on our cellphones. If I have an image in my Gallery app, it should be simple to just hit a button and share that image with a friend in my oculus contacts or another messaging app , or on Facebook . The same with videos, apps in the store, links to websites, etc . This will help making the Quest also a more social platform. Thanks!

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Voice control, native or via Google Assistant

Being able to run an app, change settings or even turn my lights on and off with voice control would be cool.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Make the universal menu bar customisable, like the Android notifications menu

The ability to customise the UM bar would be great. It could include favourite apps, bookmarks, and quick settings.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Have the quest be able to connect to a computer and play games on that

On the quest you don’t have many games but if you could connect it to a computer and be able to play games on the computer in VR though you would need viruse protection

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. One Account: OAuth to give 3rd party devs access to my account

Having to sign up for an account on all these different games is really annoying, especially using the virtual keyboard and the fact that there's no password manager... both factors encouraging simple passwords.

Games should be able to use my Oculus account, and if they want a separate use store, use my Oculus account as the IDP via OAuth.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Browse all the app and add-ons from the mobile app

Why can't we get all the apps and add-ons from the mobile app? Either that or improve the search.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base