Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Welcome to the Oculus Quest feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Quest platform.We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Quest platform.
  • Core Software / Guardian: All Oculus Quest main menu, navigation, Guardian, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Oculus TV.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest!    
  1. Automatically create the guardian area

With the 3d data from Passthrough+ it should be straightforward to come up with a suggested play area after confirming the floor level.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Offer support

Bought this yesterday for son’s birthday- 18 hours later and it’s still “Updating headset in progress- 50%. He’s 10 years old and was so excited to get the Quest- there’s no live support- only “help yourself” - that is, read thru articles of the hundreds of others who need support. But, it’s Facebook, so...

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Hand Tracking - Finger Snap to go to home menu

Use the Hand Tracking - Finger Snap to go to Oculus home menu, as an additional user option similar to the Thanos character.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Make it work for more than a week

So got the oculus quest 124 gb headset and after a week it wouldn't turn on even though I charged it for 3 hours straight. I had to spend a whole 10 minutes doing chores so I can get one and for it not to work after a week I was mad. So try making it work for more than a week thank you.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Support for USB peripherals such as MIDI controllers

I'm a developer and I'd like the option to develop games for use with MIDI controllers.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Challenge for demo

If I were to beat the super hot demo in a amount of time could I get super hot free? Just a thought.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Show a List of updated apps

It would be great to see a list of updated apps on the companion app

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Companion App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Poor retention of USB-C connector sets on the Quest/Link cable combination.

Even with the provided clip, the USB-C connections are easily dislodged. I suspect a flawed connector design, but haven't tested a variety of other connector sets. Changing to a different connector may be the only cure.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Automatically detect a smartphone screen using passthrough to have it show up in VR.

Use the passthrough system to detect a smartphone screen and have it automatically show up on the headset.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Language Learning Apps

Software that allows individuals learning a new language interact with AI or other Oculus users in immersive real life scenarios to promote learning the new language.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Eye tracker in the VR headset

It would be very interesting to integrate an eye tracker in the headset in order to know how the people are watching.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Fix low game/app volume

Example: Play the videos in the store for beat saber, they sound great and loud. In the actual game, not even close, much lower and not as good.

I just factory reset earlier tonight to fix the download/update issue, thinking a side effect might be fixing the sound - no dice.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. change the wrist straps on the pointers(can't remember name for handheld joysticks). Would be nice to have velcro. Straps get loose.

change the wrist straps on the pointers(can't remember name for handheld joysticks). Would be nice to have velcro. Straps get loose now, don't stay tight after a few weeks or Sports Scramble!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Create a multi unit linkable world vacation game. Take a family vacation to anywhere in the world without leaving the living room.

Imagine taking tours of the great pyramids with the family on a Friday night, and then visiting the Eiffel tower and a Gothic cathedral on Saturday, all from the comfort of your own home.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  First Party Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Think VR

I think the oculus quest was designed for us to feel socially connected with each other. Facebook there is a market for you to take hold. Oculus quest needs more multiplayer gaming content. Think about family content people don’t alway want gory games that are multiplayer. Also you should Implement your Fb messager system and calling. Maybe have the option to see text notifications that will sync to your phone? This is a product of the 21st century we need more content. Perhaps even be the first to partner up with instacart or post mates for a VR shopping experience.…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. add the gtx 960 for compatibility

Some people cant afford or are in a position to get a new gpu, so it would be nice if the 960 was supported. Granted games wont look the absolute best, but i would like to use oculus home and stop using alvr.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. If you create another untethered headset, use a better chip. A much better chip!

I continue to be profoundly disappointed with my Quest. All of the videos that I have seen show so much better resolution than what I am seeing. It is a joke!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. LBE arenas support

The Quest has so many advantages over what is currently being done in LBE arenas: real 6 degrees of freedom(no backpacks, no wires), ease of use, comfort.

However, as of today, the Guardian and some other API limitations (such as no access to the cameras, no way to place trackers to correct the tracking, 40 sq.m maximum surface) make it impossible to build immersive, multiplayer arenas experience for large rooms.

This could be solved by opening up or providing some special API for LBE arenas developers which would give more control over the guardian

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 1.Mapping and tracking for physical keyboard. Same for mouse. 2. upgrade hardware to make outside play possible even in full sunlight. 3. Je

1.Mapping and tracking for physical keyboard. Same for mouse.
    2. upgrade hardware to make outside play possible even in full sunlight.
    3. Jedi knight outcast remastered for vr.
    4.haptic feedback gloves specifically designed to simulate holding controllers and actually feeling button presses. (When the controller is virtual, they can take any shape as needed per game!)
    5. playstation vr compatibility

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Rick and Morty

Please bring Rick and Morty to quest. Squanch games, justin roilands games, Videos.... literally ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base