Oculus Quest

Welcome to the Oculus Quest feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Quest platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Quest platform.
  • Core Software / Guardian: All Oculus Quest main menu, navigation, Guardian, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Oculus TV.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest!    
  1. Remove Mandatory Facebook Login!

Remove Mandatory Facebook login in order to accept friend requests and use the Oculus app. I have never had Facebook nor do i want it. I just want to play vr. I don’t want to have to have facebook to enjoy my 500$ Virtual Reality Headset with my friends.

2,287 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

153 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow Oculus Quest users to see the time spent in each app

Let us see how much time we've spent in each app like you can on the Rift platform

1,392 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow use to download videos/photos straight to our phones

If you can make it we’re you can download videos/photos straight to our phones then it makes it easier for people who’s want to show friends-family how good the quest is.

704 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Change the Quest FCC certification and up the display to 90Hz, at least when connected to PC VR

I just saw John Carmack mention this in his OC6 talk. I mean, come on, if there's a chance you can up this thing to 90Hz, even if it's only for desktop mode, then you really should make this happen. Yeah, it's a hassle and cost on your side, but not one customer is going to complain about you making their VR experience the best it can be, especially when from their end there's no hassle involved in getting that.

1,630 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

74 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Make cloud saves mandatory to ensure save data is not lost when performing a factory reset

My understanding is that cloud save functionality is available, but most developers choose not to use it.

It should be part of the Oculus approval process for games to ensure data is not lost if the Quest unit requires a factory reset, breaks or is lost/stolen.

This is something that is seen as the norm for other ‘consoles’ so should be the standard if aiming for VR to be mainstream.

Backing up with usb over developer mode is not a good enough solution for the majority as it requires manual backups.

849 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Clarify the ToS on modding of games, specifically BeatOn for Beat Saber

Due to the new ToS being shown in the "Unknown Sources" section, and the implications of it being unclear, the very popular mod "BeatOn" for custom songs, sabers and platforms for Beat Saber was discontinued. Since Beat Saber and Custom Songs are a huge buying incentive for a lot of people interested in the Quest, a statement should be made whether this type of mod is considered illicit or is accepted by Oculus.

498 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

41 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 1,098 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

61 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Bring catan to the Quest

Please bring Catan to the oculus quest Either through Go backwards compatibility or through a port

163 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Offline downloads for YouTube, Prime Video, Netflix, Hulu, etc.

Work with app partners to encourage support for the same download functionality that is available on mobile platforms. The ability to download content for offline viewing, on apps like YouTube, Prime Video, Netflix, Hulu, and others would be an absolute game changer.

251 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Bring back old controller battery meter

The new colored battery meters are a distraction and harder to notice when battery is low. The colors on a primarily white text menu is distracting. Perhaps bring back the numbers and have them change colors when low.

193 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Headstrap redesign for more comfort like Rift-S or Vive Deluxe Audio

A lot of people have found that the stock Quest headstrap is very uncomfortable after wearing it for a period of time. For some this is as short as 20 minutes. This discomfort can appear as pressure in the cheeks, along the forehead and even pain in the back of the head and neck.

An official strap redesign is needed for Quest to make it more comfortable to wear. Current suggestions / mods on Reddit include better weight distribution by placing a weight on the back or putting additional straps over the top of the Quest to make it sit…

159 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Replace current keyboard with a touch screen keyboard

Replace the current cursor-based keyboard with a touch screen style keyboard you can use with your pointer fingers.

50 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Enable true update on demand for quest and desktop releases. Stop forcing users to wait for stated rollouts that take too long.

Adding an update button that still will not work until your device is added to the staggered rollout is pointless. Please make Quest and PC updates available to those that want to actively update immediate. Don't make us wait until our device is added to the deployment.

Staged rollouts for those that do not want to actively update are fine. But give us the power to update on the day software releases if we want to.

72 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Linux Support for Oculus Link

Please consider providing Linux support for the Oculus Link.

With the increasing number of native Linux builds on SteamVR and the current stability of Steam's wine powered Proton compatability layer for Windows games, the ability to use Oculus Link on Linux has become attractive.

At minimum, the production of documentation useful to the Open Source community providing the means for a third party implementation would be greatly appreciated -- beyond the general overview currently provided:

https://developer.oculus.com/blog/how-does-oculus-link-work-the-architecture-pipeline-and-aadt-explained/

If the official stance from Oculus is to not support Linux, at least give us the opportunity to support ourselves with your help.

69 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add several Savegame Slots to each Game as a Standard

Having several Family Members it would be a good improve to add a Oculus Developer Policy to add several Savegame Slots to each Game.

Currently this is not common and i am sure this Feature being added as a Standard would make Quest / Go / Rift so much better for everyone to enjoy the Gaming Experience.

391 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Offer trade in of old Quest devices when new versions are released

For environmental reasons, there should be a trade in program in place when the next generation of Quest launches, so that one can send in their old Quest and get a discount for the new model. Especially since the device will effectively be useless when the battery dies, since this battery is not user replacable.

The Quest can then be refurbished and sold at a lower price, widening the potential audience for VR.

129 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Make account sharing for devices in a family. I bought 2 for my kids but now I have to buy any games twice that they want to play together?

Make account sharing for devices in a family. I bought 2 for my kids but now I have to have 2 accounts and buy any games twice that they want to play together? Or if we share an account for both we can’t play together or save our own progress, etc? This makes no sense.

152 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Family accounts multiple devices

Can we set up multiple user on one device? It’s unfortunate that a family can’t buy two devices and share games. That is price gauging in my opinion. I might not have bought two if I knew that.

Please answer my questions

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add multiplayer support to hand tracking (could be used for communication via sign language)

I recently noticed a request in the Bigscreen forums to add hand tracking support to the game. The person who requested it was deaf, and most of his friends were deaf too. He wanted to use hand tracking in order to communicate with them via sign language. The Bigscreen devs said they wanted to add it, but that hand tracking doesn't yet support multiplayer. Meaning the game can track your hands, but no one else will be able to see your gestures.

So I'm making this request that multiplayer support be added to hand tracking. Not only would it work…

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add a possibility to Store / Backup Savegame Data using either USB Cable on PC/Mac or a Cloud / E-Mail Solution

It is currently not possible to secure Oculus Quest Savegame Data.

This means, that after a factory Reset all your Game Data is lost.

Great would be a Menu which lets you select the Games to Save / Backup its Data in a Database export.

The Database then could be stored locally and able to be transfered to

• a PC / Mac using USB Cable

• Cloud upload

271 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 42 43
  • Don't see your idea?